Port Antonio Off The Beaten Path

• traciontheriver's Profile Photo

Stay at the Famous Frenchman's Cove Beach Resort

by traciontheriver Written Jan 16, 2012
    Paradise at Frenchman

Everyone talks about going to Frenchman's Cove Beach and what a beautiful and amazing experience, but you can actually stay at the Frenchman's Cove Resort with 17 Villas that surround that famous Cove hidden within the lush vegetation that makes up the 45-acre property. For as little as $130 per night, you can have a private, adventurous holiday or even get married on their beach. The other great thing is that within 30 minutes east or west of Frenchman's Cove, you have The Rio Grande River Rafting trip, Somerset Falls, Trident Castle, Titchfield, The Blue Lagoon, San San Beach, Boston Bay and a variety of restaurants as well as free breakfast on the Frenchman's Cove Resort and The Pirates Bar and Grill on the beach for lunch or early dinner and amazing service.

• Beaches
    • Eco-Tourism

• Joan58's Profile Photo

A local market

by Joan58 Updated Feb 22, 2003

A local market

To visite tourist places is interesting and fun, but the most absorbing experience is to be among the local people. In Port Antonio I went around Musgrave Market. I have no pictures of this market because I felt a little embarassed to take pictures or to film the real life of people living here. They seemed don't notice a group of tourists, but I felt like a fish out of water. I don't know if you see what I mean. For the first time I went off from the safety of tourist places. Anyway these experiences are very important for me. So I can say to myself: 'You have really been in this place!'
    This is a picture I took at another similar local market I visited at La Romana (DR), when I beared up and photographed the real life.

• Joan58's Profile Photo

A walk in the jungle

by Joan58 Written Feb 25, 2003
    Frenchman's Cove

If you are at Frenchman's Cove, don't remain just on the beach. Going around in the park you'll find many beautiful spots and a luxuriant vegetation.

• Eco-Tourism

Instant Answers: Port Antonio

Comments

Port Antonio Off The Beaten Path

Reviews and photos of Port Antonio off the beaten path posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Port Antonio sightseeing.