Port Antonio Warnings and Dangers

Best Rated Warnings and Dangers in Port Antonio

• morgr's Profile Photo

Sunburn

by morgr Written Dec 7, 2004

Yeah yeah, we all know to put on sunscreen when being exposed to the sun, and I willingly adhere to this as I would rather not get skin cancer. Well let me just say that even on overcast days, when the sun doesn't seem much of a threat, you can still get good and burnt. I used sunscreen, but figured, hey, its cloudy out why put more one, the clouds will block the sun out. Well, lets just say you live you learn, and if I find myself at a beach in the caribbean on an overcast day again, I will be bringing my sunscreen.

Jamaican beach.

• caprice4u's Profile Photo

PLEASE be really careful if...

by caprice4u Updated Oct 4, 2002

PLEASE be really careful if swimming if you are on a non tourist beach, the locals are used to the dangers, but you DO NEED TO BE CAREFUL, for example, near me was a beach called Runaway bay, many, many tourists have died here and yet I had it recommended to me, it was the family I stayed with who would not let us go. The only other things I would say be careful off is, impetigo, my 7 year old daughter was covered in it, it was impossible to get medical attention and nobody new what it was in JA, we had to go straight to the hospital in Uk, they reckoned it may have been caught from the sea and infected mosquito bites. It is VERY difficult generally to get medical attention, especially in the country, which is where we were. Also, if you are a female, be warned that you are advised to have a chaperone, although I rebelled and had little peace on the beaches.

• Joan58's Profile Photo

A Jamaican saying

by Joan58 Updated Feb 16, 2003

'June too soon, July stand by, August prepare you must, September remember, October all over'. This is the hurricane season. In 1988 hurricane Gilbert passed over Jamaica and caused great damage. The Blue Lagoon Restaurant was completely destroyed. The restaurant was rebuilt in 1995 and is a nice construction made of stone and wood. At the entrance a commemorative plate remembers what happened. In my opinion it's better don't go on holiday in these months. I think the best period to visit the Caribbean is from November to May.

The Blue Lagoon

Instant Answers: Port Antonio

Comments

Port Antonio Warnings and Dangers

Reviews and photos of Port Antonio warnings and dangers posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Port Antonio sightseeing.