Dunns River Falls and Beach Things to Do

DO YOU KNOW THESE PEOPLE?
    by StephanieB13

Most Recent Things to Do in Dunns River Falls and Beach

• StephanieB13's Profile Photo

LOST PICTURES!

by StephanieB13 Written Feb 3, 2013
    DO YOU KNOW THESE PEOPLE?

THIS IS A LONG SHOT - I was in Jamaica and did the Dunn's River Falls tour on Jan 11th, 2013. We asked a lady to take our picture with our disposable camera and she gave us HER camera back instead of ours..now they have all our pictures and I'm desperately trying to get them back! If you somehow know someone who was in this similar situation and may be the people who have our photos...please msg me!! (picture attached is of the people who have our photos!)

• KarenandCory's Profile Photo

Climb Dunn's River Falls

by KarenandCory Updated Jan 10, 2007

Dunn's River Falls

One of the most popular things to do while in the Ocho Rios area is climb Dunn's River Falls.
    You can climb the 6oo feet falls with a group, holding hands as you go. I would have preferred being able to climb on my own, using my hands to balance. The rocks are slippery and you most likely will fall. I backed out of the group and waited on dry land with my pregnant sister-in-law. If I was on my own with no pressure to keep up with a group, I would have done it. But with my back problems and fear of heights/falling I was happy to just watch and take pictures.
    A cruise ship was in port and it was also a holiday so many locals were here. I would like to visit the falls when there are less people. They are quite pretty!

You can rent water shoes (another fact I didn't like...uncomfortable, toe-fungus filled shoes) or wear old sneakers. Be sure to bring a water proof camera- you will get wet!

• Beaches

The climb

by Joan58 Written Feb 25, 2003

Now you are ready to climb the falls. You have to be careful not to fall. There are guides who can take your hand and in the difficult points people form a human chain, called 'daisy chain' and so all togther cheerfully reach the top after about 30 minutes. On the top you'll feel like an explorator that lived an adventure!!

Fitting shoes

The falls

Don't forget a pair of rubber shoes because it's easy to slip. There are some stalls on the road before the entrance that sell these shoes, but they are a little expensive. Also a pair of old sneakers can be good.

The path

Waiting for the climbing

You have to go down a path on the side of the river. Here you are in a beatiful tropical garden. If you want to try climbing you can see what expects you, so If you change your mind you can just stay along the river looking at the people going up. Also this can be funny.

A crowded place

by Joan58 Written Feb 25, 2003

The entrance of the park

The entrance of the park is on the top of the falls. In weekdays many people who are going on a cruise land at Ocho Rios and go to visit the falls. For this reason it's better to go on Saturday or Sunday when the place is not so crowded.
    The park is open daily 9am-6pm.

Instant Answers: Dunns River Falls and Beach

Comments

Dunns River Falls and Beach Things to Do

Reviews and photos of Dunns River Falls and Beach things to do posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Dunns River Falls and Beach sightseeing.

View all Dunns River Falls and Beach hotels