Ocho Rios Nightlife

• toonsarah's Profile Photo

Lovelace Bar: Local bar

by toonsarah Written Mar 27, 2008

In Lovelace Bar

While on most evenings we were happy to stay “home” at the Blue House and chat to our fellow guests and hosts over a beer, on one evening we did venture out for a meal and afterwards stopped for a night-cap at this local bar just a short walk from the B&B. The bar is pretty basic and caters primarily to locals rather than tourists, but that doesn’t mean you won’t get a welcome – this is friendly Jamaica, after all!

On the evening we popped in we were the only customers, so as well as enjoying a couple of Appleton rums each, we had a pleasant chat to the barmaid, Alisha, who I think was glad of the diversion. As well as offering an opportunity to meet some locals (OK, one local in this case!), a bar like this is definitely better value than the regular tourist haunts – our generous measures of rum cost just US$1 each and would have been more than double that in even a fairly low-key tourist joint.

Dress Code: Very casual - come as you are!

• Etoile2B's Profile Photo

Sandals Ocho Rios: Late Night Hot-Tubbing

by Etoile2B Updated May 3, 2004

Hanging out with new friends in the main hot tub.

Since we were staying at an all-inclusive we didn't really leave the resort much at night. And there was no better way to relax after an evening playing beach volleyball than lounging by the pool with a cocktail. At Sandals there's always a bar open and the hot tub is available all night so hanging out there in the evening was a great way to relax and meet new people.

• Spa and Resort
    • Beaches

• Joan58's Profile Photo

Club Caribbean Hotel: Dancing under the stars

by Joan58 Updated Feb 21, 2003

My husband is waiting to dance

Finished the dinner... begin the fun!! Every night there is a different show at the Club Caribbean, like reggae bands or shows with fire-swallowers, contorsionists, limbo dancers. The reggae bands played Bob Marley's songs very well. The rhythm of the reggae music is involving and you can't give up to stand up and go to dance, even my husband, who don't like dancing (maybe in memory of the old times, when we went dancing every Saturday night and reggae music was up-to-date) You can enter at the Club Caribbean to see the shows because the place is open to the public.

• Jackofhearts's Profile Photo

Amnesia: Lost my mind at "Amnesia"

by Jackofhearts Written Apr 25, 2006

If you want to get down with actual Jamaicans, check out Amnesia. Awesome Reggae and dancehall with affordable drinks, on a rooftop dance floor. The place isn't chic, and doesn't have any notable decor. Just a roof with a bar and a soundstage. Great vibes.

Dress Code: whatever

• Etoile2B's Profile Photo

Nightime Resort Activities

by Etoile2B Updated Mar 25, 2004

Abi strutting her stuff at the Talent Show.

At our all-inclusive resort there were always optional nighttime activities planned. They had everything from a talent show, to a "newlywed game" to dance contests and kareoke. If you're working to accumulate your Sandals points participating in these activities will help you out. If you don't feel like participating you can just watch or go off and do your own thing. It's a fun way to let your hair down and meet people.

Dress Code: Depends on the activity.

• Spa and Resort

• RudoElCojonudo's Profile Photo

Margaritaville: Dancehall rules!!

by RudoElCojonudo Updated Apr 4, 2011

Shake it up!!

It's a great place to go on partty. Nice girls, touris and locals, and really good music, and I'm not talking about roots reaggae, I'm talking about the best hardcore dancehall(beenie man, elephant man, bounty killa...). ya mon! There is a really good DJ there, and the people dances without shame, when they dance it looks like being doing sex. Buff!! That 2005 Jamaica!!

Dress Code: Nothing special, casual wear.

• JAMBOB's Profile Photo

INCLUSIVE ENTERTAINMENT: Stay at your resort!

by JAMBOB Written Apr 4, 2006

When you are in Jamiaca the sunsets and the sounds of the ocean are awesome! The drinks are Free at inclusive resorts, so we never ventured out off the resort in the night as we didn't want to encounter any problems or ruin our stay.

The people at your bars are fun enough to meet and the drinks are good! Stay put and you will certainly have a great time, make of where you are when you are there, as you paid to come to a resort, be there in the evenings and socialize with others as going off the resort really isn't any differrent than being at your local resort bar!

Dress Code: Shaw Park required pants at supper, as we didn't know as a suprise vacation package and where we were going either? Take one pair of kaky's with, but some resorts don't require them, and bring along a polo for guys. Women bring a mid to upper casual peice with as well. Otherwise, no shirt, no shoes, no problem!

• Jamaica4eva's Profile Photo

Ocean's 11: A Cool Spot

by Jamaica4eva Updated Jun 7, 2007
    Ocean's 11

Well, not just a nightspot. I went there during the day. I had a lot of fun at this lil cool spot that's located next to the Corporation pier. The drinks at the bar are divine. Try the "Dirty Banana". You can't go wrong. The day we were there we enjoyed a live band, that played for hours. The singers were great.
    On Tuesday nights you will enjoy "Karoake Nite". On Thursday Night, you will enjoy "Latin Nite"

Dress Code: casual

• Women's Travel

• Jamaica4eva's Profile Photo

Amnesia's Niteclub: You will remember!

by Jamaica4eva Written Jun 7, 2007

You will remember this spot! Amnesia is one of the hottest nightclubs in Jamaica.
    This is a traditional Jamaican Nightclub. There are 2 dance floors and an open air patio, no roof. The drinks are cheap, the music great. I danced all night long.
    Thursday is Ladies nite, Friday is Dance Hall nite, Saturday is Party nite, where you party with guest DJ's and Sunday night is Oldies but goodies (70's and 80's nite).
    The atmosphere is very comfortable the staff is friendly and attentive.

Dress Code: Casual

• Women's Travel
    • Singles

• mstinawu's Profile Photo

Amnesia: Local "Hot Spot"

by mstinawu Updated Aug 5, 2007
    It's super dark inside.

This was a small local club in Jamaica. The music was loud and bumping and all eyes were towards us. It didn't bother us that much, but I'm guessing they don't see too many Asians at these clubs.

There was some sort of "Miss Jamaica"-esque contest while we were there. Lots of Jamaica girls shaking their booties and what not.

Dress Code: None.

• neurochic's Profile Photo

Rick's Cafe: Cliff Diving like the Locals

by neurochic Written Jul 21, 2007

If you really want to impress your significant other, you can cliff dive like the locals in the back of Rick's Cafe. Often times your hotel will take you here for drinks and a good time. Its an upbeat place like Senor Frogs. It has live music and alcohol specials galore. In the back of the club you will find local men diving off trees 70ft high and the cliffs lining the Carribean Sea which are 25ft high. If you are adventuresome, you can also dive off the cliffs which my husband and I did. You pay $1. Be very careful doing this! Even though it was one of the greatest experiences of my life, and I impressed my new husband tremendously by my bravery, I really got hurt doing this. If you don't enter the water completely vertical, you will end up with some serious bruises. After I jumped off the cliff, because of the speed by which I was falling, I couldn't straighten out my legs completely and landed in a sitting position when I hit the water. My whole backside was black and blue for several weeks and for a brief period, being the neurologist that I am, I was very scared because I felt numbness in my legs for several seconds. If you have any type of back problem, definitely avoid this activity. I guess though it wouldn't be as exhilarating if there wasn't any risk involved.

Dress Code: Bring a bathing suit under your summer outfit to jump in the water.

• Beaches
    • Singles

• Amnesia: Amnesia Nightclub

by monika123 Written Nov 6, 2008

If you want to party with local Jamaicans, Amnesia is the club to go to. The bar has an indoor and outdoor patio. The inside gets a little hot and cramped so you will probably make you ways outside. Drinks are reasonably priced. The club is situated in the middle of Ochos Rios making it easy to reach from all hotels in the area. On thursdays its ladies night, so all ladies can get in free before midnight. The night club played a variety of music that can suit most people. I enjoyed this club more than any of the others I went to in the area.

• 037's Profile Photo

just ask a local: Dancehall party

by 037 Written Jan 19, 2004

If you want to immerse yourself into Jamaican music culture a dancehall party is a MUST. It can get annoying as the DJ's/MC's keep interrupting the songs to talk about how cool their music is, and other bla, bla bla.

Dress Code: none

• Music

• vegannramember's Profile Photo

Margaritaville: Uhh...Buffett in Jamaica?

by vegannramember Written Jan 25, 2007

It just seems wrong that Jimmy redneck Buffett's chain of crappy eateries/nightclubs invaded the Caribbean, but whatever. Overpriced, tourist-y, boring...I'd go to Amnesia instead.

• Work Abroad
    • School Holidays
    • Study Abroad

• danielhargrave's Profile Photo

DanceHall: Margaritaville

by danielhargrave Written Sep 13, 2006
    Margaritaville

It was a decent place, I went twice once with me and my friend and another with people who worked at the hotel that we met. This is a local bar.
    They play mostly reggae at this club.

Dress Code: no dress code

Instant Answers: Ocho Rios

Comments

Ocho Rios Nightlife

Reviews and photos of Ocho Rios nightlife posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Ocho Rios sightseeing.