Negril Sports & Outdoors

• solopes's Profile Photo

Snorkel

by solopes Updated Dec 27, 2012
    Negril - Jamaica

We had a chance to snorkel near the Pirate's cove. Wonderful place, clear and warm waters, but the reefs were too damaged to show more than a few small fishes.

Well, maybe after being in Red Sea, Phi Phi Islands or Isla Mujeres I became too demanding!

• neurochic's Profile Photo

Parasailing

by neurochic Written Nov 22, 2005

When in Negril you should definitely go parasailing over the Carribean Sea. There will be many tour companies out on the beach ready to be hired for this adventure. The views that you see are amazing and the brilliantly clear carribean water is even more beautiful from high above. A nice way to get a view of the surroundings.

• Hang Gliding

• neurochic's Profile Photo

Cliff Diving

by neurochic Written Nov 21, 2005

Cliff Diving at Rick's Cafe in Negril was one of the scariest yet one of the most exhilarating things I have ever done in my life. Highly recommended if you are not faint of heart. Basically at Rick's Cafe, in the back of the restaurant, there are a series of cliffs that overhang the Carribean Sea. You will fing the locals who swan dive off of the cliff like its nothing and they will even climb the trees that are like 20 ft higher to jump off. I think if I remember correctly the cliffs are maybe 15-20 ft above the sea. You pay $1 and then a guy removes the rope preventing you from jumping and then they give you a little instruction about watching the horizon and trying to be as straight as possible when you jump but that all goes out the window once you finally leap. As people jump off, the whole bar watches you and cheers or jeers. When I jumped, I tried so hard to leap as far out from the cliff so that I wouldn't hit the edge that I was unable to get my body straight again because you fall to the water literally fast as a torpedo. I basically hit the water in a sitting position and really bruised my back side and the back of my legs. But despite all of that it was such an awesome experience and my husband was so proud of how brave I was. He was able to jump and stay straight and felt nothing at all when he hit the water. If you like adventure this is a must try.

• Adventure Travel

• solopes's Profile Photo

Water sports

by solopes Updated Oct 11, 2012
    Negril

All the common water activities are available in Negril - it seems.

The long beach was punctuated with signs of activity, with scuba or snorkeling more westwards, in the rocky area.

• Sailing and Boating

Instant Answers: Negril

Comments

Negril Sports & Outdoors

Reviews and photos of Negril sports & outdoors posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Negril sightseeing.