Rick's Cafe, Negril

• solopes's Profile Photo

Rick's Café

by solopes Updated Jun 9, 2014

Negril

One of the top attractions in Negril is this complex, with a fabulous location above Pirate's cove.

Sunset was the argument that took us there, but I think that the real reason is... everybody goes. More than a café, this is a... happening.

• solopes's Profile Photo

Watching the divers

by solopes Updated Oct 17, 2012
    Negril - Jamaica

From Rick's cafe you may watch an extra show provided by a few young men that jump from the cliffs and higher to the water. The climax of the show is a jump from a very high tree.

The tension is created by some dangerous movements in the tree, while the diver's friends pass a can collecting money from the people.

I made a video with the natural limitations, but giving a good idea of the highness of the dive.

• malianrob's Profile Photo

Rick's Cafe

by malianrob Updated Apr 10, 2009

I put Rick's Cafe under things to do rather than place to eat because the food wasnt too good but it was a cool place to hang out at, have some drinks, and watch the cliff divers. We went during the day in the afternoon. there were quite a few people and we got a nice view of everything by finding seat right in the front. There were two cliff divers doing their thing and a few tourist who chose to jump too.
    This is actually a very popular place to go to in the evening around sunset. This place gets really packed with people and the drinks are flowing and there is alot of action with the cliff divers.
    We walked here feom our hotel in Negril. At first we were just going into town then we started walking thinking it would be closer. It turned out to be a ways away. We walked the whole way there and it was good exercise but on the way back we took a taxi.
    The cliff divers expect a tip if they jump. If you choose to jump too, expect to give a tip to jump also.
    I liked this place and if we had more time, I would have spent more time here or came back. The atmosphere is very relaxing, no vendors to bother you, drinks are great and not too expensive.
    You have to go check it out. Outs of fun

• EdRooney's Profile Photo

Ricks Cafe

by EdRooney Written Jul 8, 2007

Rasta Singer!

Just along the road from the Beaches resort & spa. about a 20 minute ride in a cab.

Ricks cafe has live reggae music, Sea Cliff Divers... yes the locals are insane!, a bar and restaurant.

Make sure you arrive early though as it does get crowded as the sun goes down!

Make your way through the bar and out of the other side to get the best views of the sunset :o)

• Ricks Cafe

by Andreaflem Written Jan 30, 2007
    Jumpin

We didn’t do many trips as we were there for a beach/ chill out holiday but did go to Ricks Café what an atmosphere and amazing sunset. We hired a mini bus for 9 of us at a cost of £3.50 each return. The driver played Bob Marley played Bob Marley songs on the Drive to Ricks it was a lovely journey. 7 Mile beach is as nice as every one says, try the sugar cane from the vendor on the main road and visit Miss Sonias her Patties and very filling and tasty.

• Adventure Travel

• Rick's Cafe

by carlosdog Written Jul 31, 2006

Arrive at Rick's Cafe early evening ready for the sunset. Reggae bands play whilst you enjoy a drink (little more expensive than elsewhere) and watch the sunset and local men and kids diving off the cliffs for money. Watch out for when they climb to the top of the tree and jump from there. Be brave and try a jump yourself! Go on I dare you!
    Sunset is amazing. There is also a telephone number that you can call and Rick's Cafe will come and collect you if you don't want to pay for a taxi.

• Sininen's Profile Photo

RICK'S CAFE

by Sininen Written Dec 26, 2005

There wasn't really much to see in Negril. It is a small very touristy place. One day we drove to Rick's Cafe, which was recommended to us by the receptionist in our hotel, where there's a lovely view over the sea and the caves and lagoon. It was very beautiful there and we took many photos. People dive from the cliffs to the sea, which looked tempting but not really my scene. My son, who at the time was 11 years old, would have loved to tried but I said no and I had to have a close look at him all the time to be sure that he obeyed me. The prices in the cafe were very high, so we didn't buy anything there.

• Photography
    • Rafting

• balieyes's Profile Photo

Rick's Cafe

by balieyes Updated Jan 18, 2004

At Rick's CAfe

sun sets are (probably) more beautiful on the cliffs in west end. this is where we will now go. it is a long way from here. you can walk, but you would better take a taxi. in west end you will find many restaurants, bars, pubs and cafes. the most famous of them is rick's cafe. its terrace is the perfect setting to watch one of negril's unforgettable sun sets.
    this is the world famous rick's cafe! the cafe has lost part of its charisma. what it used to be a small cafe on the cliff, it is now a commercial restaurant. with the success of the restaurant, prices have gone up. but the cafe is still one of the best places to watch the sun set while sipping a local beer or a rum punch. rick's cafe also offer lunches and dinners. and once the sun sets, the parties start. some bars in the area try to steal its customers with two for one deals, but you will not find the same atmosphere there

• Jonnyshark's Profile Photo

Catamaran to Rick's Cafe

by Jonnyshark Updated Sep 27, 2003

The Party starts when you get on the boat. Booze cruise anyone? They play great reggae music the whole way. The boat stops at a little place where the brave can jump off some of the cliffs. Nice, not to high. The cliffs I mean. hahaha
    Heading onward to Rick's Cafe. A little shuttle boat picks you up and takes you to this cafe overlooking the ocean. They have professional divers flying of the big rocks and even out of 60' trees. For the less adventurist there is a 15 cliff to jump off.
    There is about a 45 foot cliff alot of people just jump off. I was a little more adventurist. I gave the guy watching the cliff a $10 and asked to dive off. He cleared the area and yelled at some of the other guys working there to watch out for me. Or so they could watch me break my neck. That didn't happen. What a thrill, Swan Dive, 45' ,POW hit the water and still alive. Great time, Truely a must go!
    Bring some money for Rick's, great souvieners and drinks.

Instant Answers: Negril

Comments

Hotels Near Rick's Cafe
4.5 out of 5 stars