Negril Transportation

Most Recent Transportation in Negril

• AButterFly's Profile Photo

Local Negril Tour Guide

by AButterFly Written Nov 15, 2014

My husband and I decided to go on an off the beaten path trip to Jamaica for my birthday. I've visited the island MANY times before and wanted something away from the normal tourist traps. After a lot of research on airport transfers and tours companies we hired Steve Positive tours; excellent decision!
    We wanted to stay in Negril for a more laid back feel, it worked out great since Steve Positive actually lives in Negril. During our emails I explained what kind of vacation we were looking for....something completely opposite of tourist land. Steve Positive suggested places like Mayfield falls, Blue hole, Pelican bar, Fire water, owner guided Blue Mountain tours, the Jungle or Scrubadub for nightlife.
    We were treated like family and enjoyed friendly and real conversations about life. Steve Positive tours gave us the opportunity to eat, live, and enjoy a little bit of local Jamaica life safely. It's nice to know your guide/driver is a resident of the areas you're visiting; you can enjoy your experience knowing you're in good hands.
    Steve Positive tours provided: private airport transfer, complimentary cell phone with charger (yes you can call local and to the U.S. BONUS!!!), complimentary beverages (we went with tasty Red Stripe), private customized tours just for our laid back style, prompt courteous service, clean transportation, safe Jamaican style driving (if you've been to JA you know what I mean if it's your first time you'll see what I mean), friendly conversation and attitude, and the part was the price! If you hire him for airport transfers you'll get a pretty sweet deal if you book a few island tours. Trust me you'll never forget the personalized propa care with Steve Positive Tours. We'll see him again for our next trip to Jamaica.

• JAndyscott's Profile Photo

Shared Negril Transportation

by JAndyscott Written Apr 23, 2014

I booked a shared transfer from Montego Bay airport to Negril with Jamaica Customised Vacation and Tours, I stayed at the RIU Tropical Bay, first I was sceptic because of their cheap rate, when I got to the airport Kenrick was waiting with a sign, my vehicle was waiting, we were quickly dispatched and Garfield our driver was very informative with information on the island and where to see, overall I enjoyed my transfer to my hotel, I would recommend JCVT for your next trip to your Negril hotel.

Shared Negril Transportation
    • Singles
    • Women's Travel

• sinjabc's Profile Photo

Wes' Taxi Service

by sinjabc Written Feb 5, 2014

Wes' Taxi Service is excellent in every aspect. Wes had great recommendations while we were staying in Negril and he was very flexible with his rates. We met him while we were staying at Jah B's in Negril.

He recommended a great catamaran sunset cruise for us. He was also half the price of the red-plated taxis.

Excellent and we will certainly use him again when we return to Negril.

• sinjabc's Profile Photo

Clive's Transport Service

by sinjabc Written Feb 5, 2014

I was so relieved I pre-booked Clive's Transport Service online prior to arrival. As soon as you exit Montego Bay airport, you are swarmed by taxi/transport service providers.

I pre-booked Clive's online and did not receive an email response. So, I emailed again and Georgina assured me my transport to/from the airport was arranged. I assumed the roundtrip each way rate was $25, but it was $30 when I arrived. A gentleman was waiting to the right of the exit with a sign. He showed me to our driver and I was given a complimentary bottle of cold water (or red stripe).

Chris was a great driver: very friendly, informative, and funny. He also drove me back to the airport. Chris is a safe driver and handles the roads well at safe speeds.

Would easily use Clive's again.

• Dabs's Profile Photo

Transport from MJB (Montego Bay)

by Dabs Written Apr 15, 2013

Most flights go into Montego Bay (MJB) or Kingston, Montego Bay is definitely more convenient for Negril. While there are flights between Montego Bay and Negril, most people opt for ground transportation.

We opted for a shared shuttle between the airport and the hotel, usually it comes with the package tours but with Expedia it wasn't included or even offered. I had used JUTA on all of our previous trips so once off the plane we located the JUTA desk and booked a round trip transfer for $50 per person round trip plus an extra $5 which they said was because I used my credit card.

We only waited for 5-10 minutes before being loaded onto a shuttle van for the 1 3/4 hour drive to Negril. We arranged a pick up time at the airport for the return trip and that transfer was pretty much on time and got us to the airport with enough time but not too much time.

Ride from Mobay Airport to Negril and tours

by dustmon Updated Jun 22, 2012

My old friend Tony Vassel can pick you up at Mobay Airport for the 1 1/2 hour trip to Negril. He has a nice van and charges about $75-$80 for the one-way trip, which can be divided amongst the passengers. He will drive you directly to your hotel or cottage, and will stop for food and drink if requested. Tony also rents scooters and also takes folk to places outside Negril such as Y's Falls or the Appleton Rum Factory. Prices depend on how many are going, and how far away the trip goes.

updated june 2012---price gone up mon---now $80 for the trip, 2-6 people.
    Tony also took us to the local "Blue Hole" mineral springs near Negril as well as a driving tour of the area---very cool!

Tony from Negril

Tryall Club Ruins photo oportunity

by dustmon Written May 14, 2011

On the way to or from Mobay, check out the ruins of a huge waterwheel near Mobay on the grounds of the Tryall Club, a huge golf resort on both sides of the road. The ruins are on the land side of the road and a good picture oportunity either going to or coming from Negril to the airport. (or if staying at Tryall!)

Waterwheel ruins near Mobay
    • Photography

Taxi Driver supreme

by dustmon Written May 3, 2011

I met Obrian on this latest trip April 2011---he gave us a couple of taxi rides around the beach area at reasonable prices in a clean, nice car. He also is a tour guide for Dunns River Falls and other attractions near Negril----he can also pick you up at Mobay airport for the ride to Negril charging from $60-80 depending on how many......Nice guy----

• Business Travel
    • Luxury Travel

• tpangelinan's Profile Photo

Ride to horse back riding!

by tpangelinan Updated Apr 4, 2011

When you setup your tour, ask for a ride and they will come and pick you up at your resort. This location goes to Montego Bay, there is another location by Ocho Rios, check to the website below for contact info.

• Photography
    • Jungle and Rain Forest

• Bennett Taxi Service

by sabodiguel Written Sep 5, 2010

Whether you are a resort-bound, club-hopping, or cultural exploring tourist, try out this taxi service. The transportation service includes a 7-passenger van fully air conditioned and equipped with seatbelts, which can be rare in Jamaica. Damion Bennett is from the Westmoreland area and can provide interesting tours of the beatutiful Westmoreland Parish. Explore the various landscapes of the Mayfield Waterfalls, Black River, Treasure Beach and Roaring River while getting to know the Jamaican people, cousine and music. For those wishing to stay within Negril, Damion will provide reliable and safe taxi service from your hotel to restaurants, tourists attractions and clubs. Airport pick-up from Montego Bay to Negril is also available.

• School Holidays
    • Beaches

• shorty tours and transportation service

by kiven22 Written May 16, 2010

I just got back from a wonderful 2 week vacation in Negril Jamaica. Shorty was my driver/tourguide/security for most of those weeks. Wow! Congratulations Shorty you are extremely professional and courtious. If you are wondering about his service I rate it 10++

• Diving and Snorkeling
    • Rafting

• AChaves's Profile Photo

Champion Tours Airport Transfers Negril

by AChaves Updated May 2, 2010

We really lucked out when we traveled to Negril for the first time. Champion Tours provided great local service around town, custom tours, and transport to the airport in Montego Bay. Champion, the owner, has a large van that can accommodate a small group. The van is pretty new, so it was reliable and the service was always very professional. The prices were great as well. We saw that this specific driver was well known around town and trusted by many travelers who come to Jamaica annually. You can call him from anywhere in town, or Jamaica for that matter, and he comes right away to take you where you need to go. And you can usually find him around the Xtabi Resort on the cliffs in the West End. We tried some other drivers/transportation services during our stay but Champion Tours was by far the best.

Cliffs of Negril
    • Women's Travel

• Ground Transportation to Negril

by wirelessgator Updated Feb 21, 2010

I have been to Jamaica 5 times and would like to find the most inexpensive, fastest way to get from Montego Bay/Sangster to Negril. The last time we had a group and hired a taxi from Royal Decameron Resort to Negril. It certainly did not take 2 hours to get there and we stopped several times. So,besides the airplanes,please advise us of other transportation.

• Music

• jessiem's Profile Photo

Taxi Services

by jessiem Written Jul 7, 2009

If you need safe, reasonably priced transportation throughout Negril, call our favorite taxi-driver, Juba. If you are a female traveling alone, you can trust that Juba will watch out for you while you shop. He will also show you where to go in the plaza for an ATM, the closet grocery store or pharmacy. Any questions you have about the area, Juba will most likely know. He is very reasonable with pricing. A taxi ride to the West-End is typically J$ 300. However, Juba will negotiate prices and will not raise his prices simply for being a tourist. You can trust that prices will stay consistent with any passenger. If any taxi driver waits for you while you shop, you are expected to pay for that time. However, you can also ask to be dropped off at your destination and call the driver when you are ready to be picked up without the extra charge.

If you are looking to travel outside of the Negril area to the YS or Mayfield Falls, you may want to consider finding a taxi car in prime condition since the roads are damaged and very bumpy. For your safety, comfort and budget, consider taking a tour bus with other travelers to these destinations. Transporting many people at a time makes it much cheaper for everyone. The vans are also more likely to be air-conditioned.

J.U.T.A. Taxi Drivers Robert and Jackie can take you around town or to destinations such as: YS Falls, Belvedere Estate Interpretive Village, Mayfield Falls, Seaford Town Area, Cane Fields, Old Sugar Factory, Rum Factory, Black River Boat Trips, Bamboo Banana Boat Raft Trips, and Savanna-la- Mar. It is typically $100 to go to Mayfield Falls and back, a 3 hour round-trip. It is $23 per person from the Montego Bay airport to Negril, $75 minimum charge. As with any taxi, always ask for the price before getting in. Always negotiate pricing if you do not know the taxi driver.

• malianrob's Profile Photo

Hire a driver

by malianrob Written Apr 14, 2009

To many places that we went to we hired a driver. We met Lee at Ricks Cafe and from then on if we wanted to do something we called Lee up and he took us. He isnt a crazy driver, he is very professional and seems like a good person. He gave us fair prices to go places and he was very trustworthy.
    I think we saved alot of time by going with Lee and he knows everything about the island. He took us to good local places to eat that were affordable and he has a nice big van/bus.

Instant Answers: Negril

Comments

Negril Transportation

Reviews and photos of Negril transportation posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Negril sightseeing.