Bonaire Restaurants

• Window to order with part of the regular menu
    Window to order with part of the regular...
    more of the menu
    by bekssa
    Simple lunch but so delicious

Most Recent Restaurants in Bonaire

• bekssa's Profile Photo

Norca's: Local Food

by bekssa Updated Mar 30, 2014

This was a small cute covered open-air restaurant up some stairs.

2014 update-- Norca's was gone!!! :( I think--we sure heard lots of different things from the nearby shops (nobody seemed to know where she went but I think this woman is fairly well-known on the local food scene so I'm betting she is still somewhere in Bonaire). BUT--we went upstairs and the restaurant is still there--new name and new owners. Not my idea of local food but probably very good. We left, though, and went hunting for goat stew and other delights.

Favorite Dish: We wanted to try some local food and were referred to this restaurant. The woman running it (I failed to ask but I'm assuming that she was Norca) was wonderful and said we really should eat goat stew. My husband is NOT the type to ever eat goat. He even avoids lamb. Not anymore!!! He is still raving about it.

She went to a building next door where I assume that the cooking was being done. It took a little while but when she returned, she had with her the most delicious food we had the entire trip. If you are ever there, try it.

I looked around and there were a few other tourists in the place and they were choosing things off the menu. I wanted to take my plate over to all of them and say "Look what you are missing. Get This!!" -- but I didn't. Be sure to ask for some of her chutney, too. I mentioned that I like spice and she brought a bowl of it to us and it all mixed perfectly. Yummmm.

I apologize for the pic of half-eaten food. Got carried away eating before I remembered to photograph the plate.

• bekssa's Profile Photo

Dushi Place: Charming Local Spot

by bekssa Updated Mar 30, 2014
    View from the street

We originally turned left and walked all the way down to where the restaurants and buildings started thinning out. Looking for local food. Ended up finding it almost where we started from. There was a little outside counter type restaurant with a couple of spots to eat. This place is set back from the street a little but definitely worth a stop. Now--when we went, ALL she had was lunch ready and it was a stir fry type meal complete with mac & cheese, sliced avocados, cucumber and plantains. The menu looked unbelievable but you have to go later for those items and it was still fairly early in the day. I wrote down Kalle and I'm not sure if that is the owner's name or not but she is an absolute doll. I'm so glad we were too hungry to continue our search for food because we decided to settle on this single dish that she had ready and we were really happy that we did.

Favorite Dish: Great flavors for such a simple dish. No clue what it was called -- some sort of stir fry (rice and local spices)--not one piece of rice or a single noodle was left over. So good!! Just wish we had gotten there when we could have ordered from that interesting sounding menu

• Donna_in_India's Profile Photo

El Mundo: Stop In For A Cold One At El Mundo

by Donna_in_India Written Apr 16, 2012

El Mundo Bar & Restaurant is located on Kaya Grandi in Kralendijk near Plaza Wilhelmina. We stopped for a cold beer - Amstel's Bright (produced in Curacao, it's as local as you're going to find). Sitting outside under the shade relaxing, having a beer, and watching the world go by was a perfect way to end our day in Bonaire.

The restaurant is open 7 days a week from 8 a.m. to 10 p.m. Bar is open from 8 a.m. (yup!) to 11 p.m. Breakfast, lunch, dinner, and drinks are served.

• Donna_in_India's Profile Photo

Buenos Aires Cafe: Smoothies By The Sea....

by Donna_in_India Written Apr 16, 2012

Buenos Aires Cafe

It was so hot the day we were in Bonaire. After touring the island we came back to Kralendijk to do some shopping and wander around. We walked through the small Harbourside Mall to the waterfront at the back and came upon Buenos Aires Cafe.

There is a wood-covered patio with table service and a counter for eat-in or take-out. The patio overlooks the sea and the cruise ship docks. There is a decent food menu (we didn't eat) and prices were reasonable. We opted for smoothies which were very good. This is a place I would have liked to try for breakfast. Maybe on my next trip!

• MattNJ's Profile Photo

The Rumba Cafe: The coldest beer in Bonaire

by MattNJ Written Jan 18, 2011

This restaurant/cafe is a great place to have a quick bite or dinner. It's really close to the cruise ship pier to you can have a quick beer before getting back on the cruise ship. Try the Buenos Aires Burger, its a hamburger patty, with bacon and and egg on top. Its huge plus the french fries are awsome.

Favorite Dish: Try the Buenos Aires burger or the special catch of the day

• Beaches

• flynboxes's Profile Photo

Wattaburger: Cheap Dutch/American food

by flynboxes Updated Sep 17, 2010

Living in the US I kinda miss Dutch fast food. Not only is this place cheap but I was able to get my shorma fix on with chili sauce and fries..sorry I'm not that Dutch..no curry or mayonaise on my frites. This was my favorite place on the island..cheap/filling food. Why waste money on the rest of the overpriced ..cr...p on the island...(sorry I may an exception for fresh seafood).

Favorite Dish: Lamb shorma sandwich.....Ate that instead of McCrap when I was living in Amsterdam.

Papaya Moon: Pricey Tex-Mex

by ainsleigh Written Feb 5, 2010
    Papaya Moon Restaurant, Bonaire

This place serves Tex-Mex food which was similar and a whole lot pricier than restaurants I've visited in the U.S. They mostly serve meat-cheese-tortilla dishes like enchiladas or burritos, or pieces of meat or fish covered in sauce. Our entrees were okay. Most of the side dishes were good but the beans are bland. Overall, there are better places in Bonaire for the price.

Favorite Dish: I can't remember what we had.

• ainsleigh's Profile Photo

The Lion's Den: Win a Hat!

by ainsleigh Written Feb 4, 2010
    The Lion Burger, at the Lion's Den, Bonaire

This place is sort of your typical bar-and-grill; it's got an open-air dining room with an open kitchen, uniformed smiley servers, and if you can finish the 1-pound Lion Burger you win a hat! The menu is huge with lots of choices of steak, fish, chicken, pasta, salads and more. There are daily dinner & drink specials.

It's breezy and overlooks the ocean, the food is fresh, and my spouse still has his hat!

Favorite Dish: The fish was good. Fresh and simple. The Lion Burger is pretty good with lots of fresh toppings.

• ainsleigh's Profile Photo

The Last Bite Bakery: Sweet!!!

by ainsleigh Updated Feb 4, 2010

This place was really good! There's a huge variety of desserts on display like croissants, cakes and canap├ęs. They serve fresh pastries and coffee in the morning that's totally worth stopping in for, and advertise daily breakfast and lunch specials. Everything is very reasonably priced.

Favorite Dish: The chocolate-filled pastries and coffee were a sweet start to the day.

The Pizza Temple: The Pizza Craving Transcends Borders

by ainsleigh Written Feb 4, 2010

This place is at Captain Don's Habitat. We got pizza from here to bring back to our room on our last afternoon in Bonaire in between snorkeling trips. It was really good pizza; fresh toppings with a crispy crust. It's also ready very quickly.

Favorite Dish: The BBQ Chicken Pizza is spicy and cheesy, and works really well with the crispy thin crust.

Rum Runners Restaurant: Lunch by the Ocean

Tarpon & blue tangs at Rum Runners, Bonaire

We went here for lunch one day after hearing that the grounds and the reef at Captain Don's Habitat were really nice. We actually ended up staying there for our very last night in Bonaire when there was an overlap in bookings at our original accommodation.

The food was okay. They serve burgers, sandwiches, chicken fingers and other things like that. The thing worth mentioning about this place is that it's right next to the ocean and you can see all kinds of fish down in the clear water from where you're sitting, including a tarpon.

La Guernica: Tapas by the Sea

by ainsleigh Updated Feb 4, 2010

We had a fantastic night at La Guernica. It has an open-air dining room with a really nice patio that spills out onto Boulevard Kralendijk, just metres from the ocean. We went on Friday night and it was very busy, but service was good and our server spoke several languages.

The tapas were delicious and there were some unique choices. They have entrees like bouillabaisse, beef carpaccio or lobster if tapas aren't your thing. There's a good wine selection and cocktail menu as well as a variety of desserts.

For a night out La Guernica couldn't be better; great dinner and drinks by the ocean, watching the people and the cars go by on the boulevard.

Favorite Dish: La Guernica Iced Coffee, with or without alcohol. The original has vanilla ice cream, Baileys, Tia Maria, coffee, chocolate sauce and ice. Really good!

For tapas, the beef tenderloin is amazing. The shrimp with lobster sauce and the creme brulee are delicious too.

• NJDivegirl's Profile Photo

Capriccios: The best Italian Food in the Caribbean!

by NJDivegirl Written Jun 2, 2008

Located near the waterfront, Capriccios location isnt exactly romantic but the food, wine and service more than makes up for it!

They have an extensive wine list as well as authentic northern Italy cuisine. The owner is from Italy and returns at least twice a year to update her wines.

They offer a 4 course dinner for $40 which sampled. The pasta is homemade and is delicious. If you arent looking for a full meal, they also offer pizzas that are quite good and quite large. Do not try and order one yourself!

The desserts are sinful and there is also grappa to finish the meal.

Favorite Dish: We had a lobster pasta on our last trip that was out of this world. The lobster was local caught and the taglietelle was homemade. The sauce was creamy yet still light.

Ask Lola to help you chose the wine - she has yet to steer us wrong!

• Mona Lisa: Best restaurant ever

by Chuck8 Written Sep 9, 2007

For 14 years I have enjoyed excellent food at the restaurant. It offers friendly service, great menu and wonderful bar. A easy place to talk story and learn about the island.

Excellent beer selection and wine list.

Favorite Dish: I enjoyed every fish dish. Excellent.

• kyoub's Profile Photo

Garden Cafe: Lebanese food

by kyoub Written Jun 14, 2005

Cafe

We tried to eat here on Sunday night but they were closed. We tried again on Monday and they were open.
    We sat in the back of the restaurant in the open garden terrace.
    Everything sounded good. I wanted pizza and meza. They didn't have a small pizza so we shared a medium. then I had the meza platter. Way to much food and it wasn't even very good.

Instant Answers: Bonaire

Comments

Bonaire Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Bonaire restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Bonaire sightseeing.