Bonaire Restaurants

• Window to order with part of the regular menu
    Window to order with part of the regular...
    more of the menu
    by bekssa
    Simple lunch but so delicious

Best Rated Restaurants in Bonaire

• kyoub's Profile Photo

Chez Lucille: Dishes from 3 countries

by kyoub Written Jun 14, 2005

Here you have a choice of cruisine from 3 different countries.
    We chose to sit out on the open air terrace. and we both ordered dishes from Thailand.
    The Chicken Curry was very good with a lot of veggies but not highly seasoned.
    My fish cakes were good but not much spice in the sauce.
    For dessert we had flan.

Curry

• kyoub's Profile Photo

Garden Cafe: Lebanese food

by kyoub Written Jun 14, 2005

We tried to eat here on Sunday night but they were closed. We tried again on Monday and they were open.
    We sat in the back of the restaurant in the open garden terrace.
    Everything sounded good. I wanted pizza and meza. They didn't have a small pizza so we shared a medium. then I had the meza platter. Way to much food and it wasn't even very good.

Cafe

• diver-x's Profile Photo

The Lions Den at Lions Dive Resort: Always a great meal!

by diver-x Written Oct 14, 2003

Since we stayed at Lions Dive resort, we had a number of meals at the Lions Den restaurant at the resort. It was great food, nice, personable service and reasonably priced to boot. You can get burgers, seafood, pasta or filet. The menu is quite varied. The restaurant is open-air, but sheltered from the sun, with a great view of the water and Klein Bonaire. Toss any leftover bread over the railing, into the water & watch the feeding frenzy below. Great fun!

Kirk, the owner, is a great host and a good sport!

Favorite Dish: Breakfast: Buffalo Omlet
    Lunch: Mexican Burger
    Dinner: Ravioli with chicken

Prices vary from under $10 USD to over $30 per person, depending on your meal. Most dinners are in the $14 range.

They are very handy with the blender too! Try the pina coladas or margaritas! The bar also offers Speckled Hen (poured from the can), which was the best beer we had on the island.

Breakfast at the Lions Den

• diver-x's Profile Photo

Ribs Factory: Ribs & Chicken

by diver-x Written Oct 14, 2003

The Ribs Factory at the Harbourside Mall is a good place to take the load off and do some people watching from their balcony. Since the restaurant is on the second level and is open-air, it does get a bit warm up there. But the food is very good!

Favorite Dish: The ribs and the chicken are great! Another Caribbean island with some of the best cole slaw I've ever had!

Ribs Factory in Kralendijk

• Cabana_Boy's Profile Photo

Mona Lisa: Mona Lisa

by Cabana_Boy Updated Feb 14, 2005

The Mona Lisa served up one of the best meals that I ate in 2003.......after traveling to five continents and more than 13 countries, I can say that I have eaten well this year........from Paris to Singapore, Australia to South Africa, Douala to New Orleans I have learned a lot about food and sampled more than I would like to admit. Needless to say, it has been a good year for stuffing my face (how very American, eh!)

But, the tiny Mona Lisa Bar / Restaurant on Bonaire impressed me beyond all other establishments....I started off with a lobster bisque, which was perhaps the best I have ever had.......a nice mixed greens salad followed.........then came the main course..............Red Snapper topped with a lobster covered in a shrimp bisque....toss a few crispy plantains on top for decoration (I ate them as well) and I was in heaven........

The Mona Lisa

• dracko's Profile Photo

Richard's: Richard's

by dracko Written Feb 19, 2003

Richard's is a great restaurant, just South of Kralendijk. Food there was great and not ridiculously pricy. The selection was not very extensive, but what they did have looked, smelled, and tasted delicious. Speaking of selection, Richard's didn't appear to be using your typical menus. Rather every table (at least as far as I could see, this could've been because there were a lot of us) got an easel with the menu written on it. Different, but not necessarily in a bad way. The view from the restaurant is great as well - it's right on the water. Overall, it was one of the nicest places in Bonaire that we ate at.

Favorite Dish: It's all good.

pic not mine...

• dracko's Profile Photo

City Cafe: Nice View

by dracko Written Feb 13, 2003

This restaurant is right next to the town pier, and the view is amazing, especially around sunset time. The seating area is covered, but is still open to the air, giving it a nice spacious feel. Don't forget to say 'hi' to the parrot!

Favorite Dish: The food is pretty good. We ate there a couple of times, and both times I really enjoyed the meal. The fare is pretty varied - seafood, meat, pasta, even creppes. Some of it with a bit of local flavor. But very tasty.

• Donna_in_India's Profile Photo

Buenos Aires Cafe: Smoothies By The Sea....

by Donna_in_India Written Apr 16, 2012

It was so hot the day we were in Bonaire. After touring the island we came back to Kralendijk to do some shopping and wander around. We walked through the small Harbourside Mall to the waterfront at the back and came upon Buenos Aires Cafe.

There is a wood-covered patio with table service and a counter for eat-in or take-out. The patio overlooks the sea and the cruise ship docks. There is a decent food menu (we didn't eat) and prices were reasonable. We opted for smoothies which were very good. This is a place I would have liked to try for breakfast. Maybe on my next trip!

Buenos Aires Cafe Smoothie By The Sea

• Donna_in_India's Profile Photo

El Mundo: Stop In For A Cold One At El Mundo

by Donna_in_India Written Apr 16, 2012

El Mundo Bar & Restaurant is located on Kaya Grandi in Kralendijk near Plaza Wilhelmina. We stopped for a cold beer - Amstel's Bright (produced in Curacao, it's as local as you're going to find). Sitting outside under the shade relaxing, having a beer, and watching the world go by was a perfect way to end our day in Bonaire.

The restaurant is open 7 days a week from 8 a.m. to 10 p.m. Bar is open from 8 a.m. (yup!) to 11 p.m. Breakfast, lunch, dinner, and drinks are served.

El Mundo El Mundo

• It Rains Fishes: Funny Name but Great Food

by Echo_29 Written Jan 23, 2005

Fresh seafood and a good selection of other meat dishes. Service was fast and friendly. It is across from the marina and a great place to watch the sunset. It is very popular so get there early or expect a wait.

It Rains Fishes
    • Desert
    • Beaches

• Casablanca-Argentinian Grill: Best Steak in Town

by Echo_29 Written Jan 23, 2005

We didn't dine here because we aren't red meat eaters but 2 different friends who have good taste RAVED about the steaks here. The loction is not "Bayside" but on a busy corner in town. If you are focused on the steak, you won't notice a thing.

Casablanca Argentinian Grill
    • Beaches
    • Desert
    • National/State Park

• Mona Lisa: Best restaurant ever

by Chuck8 Written Sep 9, 2007

For 14 years I have enjoyed excellent food at the restaurant. It offers friendly service, great menu and wonderful bar. A easy place to talk story and learn about the island.

Excellent beer selection and wine list.

Favorite Dish: I enjoyed every fish dish. Excellent.

• bekssa's Profile Photo

Norca's: Local Food

by bekssa Updated Mar 30, 2014

This was a small cute covered open-air restaurant up some stairs.

2014 update-- Norca's was gone!!! :( I think--we sure heard lots of different things from the nearby shops (nobody seemed to know where she went but I think this woman is fairly well-known on the local food scene so I'm betting she is still somewhere in Bonaire). BUT--we went upstairs and the restaurant is still there--new name and new owners. Not my idea of local food but probably very good. We left, though, and went hunting for goat stew and other delights.

Favorite Dish: We wanted to try some local food and were referred to this restaurant. The woman running it (I failed to ask but I'm assuming that she was Norca) was wonderful and said we really should eat goat stew. My husband is NOT the type to ever eat goat. He even avoids lamb. Not anymore!!! He is still raving about it.

She went to a building next door where I assume that the cooking was being done. It took a little while but when she returned, she had with her the most delicious food we had the entire trip. If you are ever there, try it.

I looked around and there were a few other tourists in the place and they were choosing things off the menu. I wanted to take my plate over to all of them and say "Look what you are missing. Get This!!" -- but I didn't. Be sure to ask for some of her chutney, too. I mentioned that I like spice and she brought a bowl of it to us and it all mixed perfectly. Yummmm.

I apologize for the pic of half-eaten food. Got carried away eating before I remembered to photograph the plate.

shops right outside the restaurant

• flynboxes's Profile Photo

Wattaburger: Cheap Dutch/American food

by flynboxes Updated Sep 17, 2010

Living in the US I kinda miss Dutch fast food. Not only is this place cheap but I was able to get my shorma fix on with chili sauce and fries..sorry I'm not that Dutch..no curry or mayonaise on my frites. This was my favorite place on the island..cheap/filling food. Why waste money on the rest of the overpriced ..cr...p on the island...(sorry I may an exception for fresh seafood).

Favorite Dish: Lamb shorma sandwich.....Ate that instead of McCrap when I was living in Amsterdam.

• NJDivegirl's Profile Photo

Capriccios: The best Italian Food in the Caribbean!

by NJDivegirl Written Jun 2, 2008

Located near the waterfront, Capriccios location isnt exactly romantic but the food, wine and service more than makes up for it!

They have an extensive wine list as well as authentic northern Italy cuisine. The owner is from Italy and returns at least twice a year to update her wines.

They offer a 4 course dinner for $40 which sampled. The pasta is homemade and is delicious. If you arent looking for a full meal, they also offer pizzas that are quite good and quite large. Do not try and order one yourself!

The desserts are sinful and there is also grappa to finish the meal.

Favorite Dish: We had a lobster pasta on our last trip that was out of this world. The lobster was local caught and the taglietelle was homemade. The sauce was creamy yet still light.

Ask Lola to help you chose the wine - she has yet to steer us wrong!

Instant Answers: Bonaire

Comments

Bonaire Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Bonaire restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Bonaire sightseeing.