Curaçao What to Pack

My cat friends
    by kyoub

Most Recent What to Pack in Curaçao

• steedappeal's Profile Photo

Make sure your hat has a chin cord attached

by steedappeal Updated Feb 3, 2013

Clothing/Shoes/Weather Gear: A hat is essential since it is hot in Curacao. Mine came from Coolibar and is the best wide-brimmed hat I own. Make sure it has a chin cord otherwise you will lose your hat due to the strong trade winds.

• Water Sports
    • Business Travel
    • Hiking and Walking

• IngaRita's Profile Photo

Practical items to pack

by IngaRita Written May 13, 2007

Luggage and bags: Bring some kind of day pack for when you'll be out all day.

Clothing/Shoes/Weather Gear: Bring loose fitting clothes. It is hot most of the time although sometimes at night it was a little cool. I wore shorts, tanks, lived in my flip flops, or wore a loose fitting cotton shirt. Flowing skirts are appropriate. It didn't look like people dressed up much. Maybe if you go out to a nice restaurant.

Toiletries and Medical Supplies: Sun screen, sun screen, sun screen

Photo Equipment: I don't know much about photography. My 5mega pix digital was fine.

Camping/Beach/Outdoor Gear: Bathing suit, outdoor shorts and t-shirts (for kayaking, or walking on trails). Bring water bottles. If I spent the day at the beach then I always brought a shirt that covered my shoulders. If you go snorkeling all day you'll want to wear a t-shirt. Brink snorkeling gear, even if you think you'll won't want to snorkel or if you've never done it before- people just walk into the water and snorkel around.

Miscellaneous: I brought some food with me just in case I couldn't get any there (like powered cream for my coffee) but that was a waste. There are huge grocery stores, warehouse-style. One that I went to a lot that was convenient was Strada.

• kyoub's Profile Photo

Heavy duty sunscreen

by kyoub Written Jun 12, 2005

My cat friends

Clothing/Shoes/Weather Gear: Light weight cotton clothing, comfortable walking shoes, and sunglasses.
    Forget the hat, unless it ties under the chin it will not stay on.

Toiletries and Medical Supplies: Use plenty of sunscreen. Red is not a becoming skintone.

Photo Equipment: 100 speed film for those bright sunny days or an extra memory stick. You can't get enough pictures of those brighly painted houses.

Miscellaneous: The water on Curacao is very good. No need to buy bottled water. Just asked the cats.

• tuti_plaate's Profile Photo

Packing List

by tuti_plaate Written Aug 25, 2002

Clothing/Shoes/Weather Gear: Clothes in natural fibers are cool and fresh. So your choice would be linnen, silk, wool, cotton.
    Who ever forgets his sunglasses?
    Shoes: comfortable, cool and easy. For the beach you would be wise bringing along plastic sandals to protect your feet from harsh stones and corals while swimming.

Toiletries and Medical Supplies: Sunblock!

Photo Equipment: Photo films, videocasettes and batteries: most brands available. One hour services available.

Camping/Beach/Outdoor Gear: Nude swimming is not allowed, but topless is tolerated on some beaches.

Instant Answers: Curaçao

Comments

Curaçao What to Pack

Reviews and photos of Curaçao what to pack posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Curaçao sightseeing.