Philipsburg Shopping

• Shopping
  • Shopping
    by grandmaR
  • Penny's department store (but not J.C. Pennys)
    Penny's department store (but not J.C....

Most Recent Shopping in Philipsburg

• grandmaR's Profile Photo

Front Street Shops: Cruise Ship Shops

by grandmaR Written Jul 26, 2013

The usual shops at cruise ship ports are along Front Street - Cariloha, Del Sol, Diamonds International and many other jewelry shops, many clothing stores as well and the usual suspects from Benetton to Tommy Hilfiger and similar are readily available.

What to buy: I normally buy things that are made locally. Here this would include Rum Jumbie Liquor, or CD's from local musicians , or paintings from local artists

In this case though I was filling in with gifts I had forgotten from Del Sol, Cariloha and Tomy Hilfiger. I was too busy shopping to take any photos

• Seniors
    • Cruise

• DEBBBEDB's Profile Photo

That Yoda Guy Movie Exhibit: Star Wars Shop

by DEBBBEDB Written Jul 24, 2013
    Me with Nick and a light saber

My dad likes Star Wars and I wanted to get him a gift. So I wanted to be sure to shop here at this store. I did get him a Star Wars print which was dedicated to him.

The store is more like a sort of Museum.

Someone took my photo with Nick

What to buy: Prints and art

What to pay: I think I paid about $20 for my print

• Museum Visits
    • Cruise

• pencho15's Profile Photo

Front street

by pencho15 Written Jan 30, 2008

street in Sint Maarten

The front street is the main avenue in Sint Maarten, and it is the place in wich you'll find most of the shops, anywhere you look in this street you will see a shop.
    What will You find? I can't remeber everything I saw but there was a lot, between the things I do remember where clothes, beach stuff, electronics, jewels, star wars memorabilia and the famous guavaberry liquor, something You should try as it is the only thing that could be considered as typical from this island. The prices are OK, specially if you are buying jewels, electronics and other things that would be more expensive anywhere else. I consider myself to be someone wich hardly buys something for itself, but even I couldn't resist and i bought an MP3 player in here so you will most probably find something for You.

the shops are everywhere in the main avenue and in some little streets connecting the front and the back street, only in case you walk all the avenue you'll start to notice lees shops far away in the street, in places few tourists reach, with so much variety don't buy the first thing you find, try to see several shops so you can compare prices, as you could find a better deal in another shop, if you are staying several days you could also compare prices with the stores in Marigot in the french side of the island.

• Suzanne123's Profile Photo

Guavaberry Emporium: Rum shop

by Suzanne123 Updated Apr 4, 2006

Almost everything on the island is imported. There are no local fruits or vegetables that are native to St. Maarten, except for the Guavaberry. It is used to make liquor. Do stop by the Guavaberry emporium for a free samples. It is located on Front St. They sell hot sauces, condiments, rum, and pina coloda kits. The Belgium Chocolate Shop, also on Front St. has Guavaberry chocolates.

What to pay: Chocolates $1.50 each, rum $10.00, hot sauce $7.00

Instant Answers: Philipsburg

Comments

Philipsburg Shopping

Reviews and photos of Philipsburg shopping posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Philipsburg sightseeing.