Sint Maarten Restaurants

• Croque Monsieur, Pineapple Danish and Cappuccino
    Croque Monsieur, Pineapple Danish and...
    Nothing not to like!
    WOW!

Most Recent Restaurants in Sint Maarten

• IslandGirl10's Profile Photo

Serafina's: Nothing to say but YUM!

by IslandGirl10 Updated Jan 18, 2014

Croque Monsieur, Pineapple Danish and Cappuccino

Serafina's is a wonderful place where you can order French pastries, food, sandwiches and coffee and dine outside overlooking the beach. Anytime we go there, we try to make a stop. We've had nothing that we didn't like....and it's hard to select because it all looks SOOOOOO good!

Favorite Dish: Loved the pizza when we were there on our first trip....anything with cheese there is a winner in my book!

• shohman's Profile Photo

Ocean Lounge: way too salty!

by shohman Updated May 16, 2011

We went here for our first anniversary. The service was a bit slow and the server just didn't seem knowledgable as she read off a piece of paper whenever we asked a question. I got a seared tuna with pasta. The dish was super salty, so much that it ruined what was a fine pice of tuna. My wife also said her food was extra salty.
    Presentation was good and they did start by giving us a small sample of a celery soup that was fantastic. Sadly, for the price we paid ( A LOT) we wouldn't suggest eating here due to the aforementioned issues.

Favorite Dish: well, Id have to say the free sample of celery soup :/

Au Petit Cafe: Breakfast

by shohman Updated May 16, 2011

I was dying for good coffee and someone suggested this place. It's very charming and the staff is friendly, but they did mess up our order twice. Sad, since all we got were drinks. I first ordered cappucino, which was ok, but not as strong as I like. Wife ordered a mango smoothie and for some reason he brought a banana smoothie. He was quick to replace it. I then ordered an iced coffee with a shot. He asked if I want whipped cream and I declined, but for some reason he added it anyway. Still, this is a great place to relax.

Favorite Dish: err, we got drinks , but the food looked quite good.

Bonita's Cantina: Bonita's Cantina

by shohman Updated May 16, 2011

We went here after a long day in Anguilla. We were the only people here. The place is large and the owner is very friendly. She is originally from South Africa and her hubby is from Kansas City. Located right on the harbor. The food was ok, but we seriously would have eaten anything at this point. The menu is almost too big. We ordered entirely too much food and devoured it so quickly that I can barely remember details. I do remember my wife got ribs that were very good.

Favorite Dish: Ribs were great. Co-owner is from KC, so they should be. :)

Zee Best: great breakfast

by shohman Updated May 16, 2011

I love this place! very small but a very loyal following. They have a small patio and an even smaller inside, but we never waited for a seat.
    When you are seated, they give you a basket of pastries. You pay for whatever you take. My wife was addicted to the almond croissant. I got an iced coffee with a shot. Then we split a goat cheese omellete. Delicious. Wifey also got a fresh squeezed OJ and it was so good my head almost exploded when I tasted it.
    staff is super friendly and very pretty. We had a slight overcharge issue once but it was quickly corrected.

Favorite Dish: The goat cheese omellete was fantastic.

Barefoot: Dine on the boardwalk

by shohman Updated May 16, 2011

Nothing special, but I don't mean that in a bad way. Open early for breakfast (and not many places are here in Philippsburg) Basic food, but very tasty and the staff is very friendly and laid back.
    We had breakfast here twice and sat on the patio overlooking the bay.

Favorite Dish: I had steak and eggs. Steak had tons of garlic which I loved, but my wife sure didn't like it later. Also, they had a johnny cake on the side. Not the type you get in New England, but more of a doughy crusty sweet bread. very good.

The Greenhouse: Outdoor dining, friendly service

by shohman Updated May 16, 2011

We went here twice during our stay. It was never busy, but this area gets slow once the cruise ships leave port for the day. Food was super good and the service was good. Sit on the patio and look out at the harbor. They have 1/2 price apps and 2 for one drinks every afternoon.
    One thing I like is that when you get a 2 for 1 beer, they put the second beer on ice so it stays cold.

Favorite Dish: I had a blackened group that was great and I'm not really a fish guy. Plus, the calamari app was so good we came back a few days later just for that.

• Xspecht's Profile Photo

Harbour Queen Bar & Grill: I Want Some Baby Back Ribs!

by Xspecht Updated Apr 4, 2011

This place isn't much to look at (looks like small, old riverboat), but it is really good! It is on the main road from Philipsburg to the Airport, but it has some of the best barbeque on the island at rock bottom prices. It is only open for dinner.

Favorite Dish: The all you can eat baby back ribs for $15.99 were a tremendous value and were some of the best I have ever eaten.

• heitzenrater's Profile Photo

The Green House: Blue thumb, GreenHouse.

by heitzenrater Updated Apr 4, 2011

Get some grub

So you get to the island and your ready to chomp some grub. Well why not go to the green house. Get there early so you don't have to wait in line. I can sit here and tell you about this place, but it will be a waste of time. The thing to do is check out the website. It tells all you want to know about the place. Good luck, and have fun!!

IF YOU LIKE MY POST PLEASE GIVE POSITIVE FEEDBACK, THANKS.

Favorite Dish: There are many different dishes to choose from. It's island food so it's good but isn't going to win any New York city tastes test awards. Check the website below to see full menu.

• Xspecht's Profile Photo

Lady C: Baby Back Ribs!

by Xspecht Written Dec 1, 2009

Lady C dining area

The Lady C is located very close to the drawbridge that controls access to the Simpson Bay Lagoon on the south side of the island. This bar/restaurant is also attached to the Pizza Galley, which has very good pizza. The all you can eat baby back ribs at the Lady C are definitely the draw though.

Favorite Dish: The all you can eat baby back ribs for $11.99 are epic. I ate 4 racks last time I was there.

• Water Sports

• cjg1's Profile Photo

Haagen Dazs: An Ice Cream Treat

by cjg1 Updated Nov 2, 2009

Liz enjoying her chocolate cone

After walking along the beach in the warm weather we decided we wanted something cold as a treat. We spotted Haagen Dazs and headed over for some ice cream. The shop is very tiny the size of a large closet but they have a nice variety of flavors to choose from. I decided to have Strawberry ice cream on a cone and Liz decided to have chocolate ice cream on a cone. The ice cream was the perfect thing to hit the spot. We thoughly enjoyed our cones and continued our adventure around Philipsburg.

Favorite Dish: The Strawbery ice cream was very good as always with Haagen Dazs. Liz thoroughly enjoyed her ice cream since chocolate is her favorite. The cones were $3.75 each which was not bad considering we were in the heart of tourist central.

• Beaches

• cjg1's Profile Photo

The Greenhouse: A Afternoon Snack After Shopping

by cjg1 Updated Nov 2, 2009

Waiting for my snack

The Greenhouse actually came recommended to us from friends who travel to St. Maarten frequently. This location is one of three in the Caribbean (another is on St. Maarten in Simpson Bay and another in St. Thomas). The restaurant has a casual feel with outdoor seating and large open panels letting the air and natural light into the interior of the restaurant. The look is definitely island but not cheesey...simple decor.

When we first walked in; we were greeted warmly by the hostess and show to a nice table inside but right but the open window areas. We were handed menus and our drink order was taken. The menu has a nice mix of appetizers, burgers, chicken, seafood, sandwiches, pasta dessert, beer and tropical drinks. Liz and I were just here for a snack after a long day of shopping so I dedicded on the nachos and Liz ordered the escargot. We both had some unsweetened iced tea. Our drinks and our meal arrived quickly and were very good. My nachos were a nice size plate with melted cheese, salsa and sour cream. Liz's escargot arrived bubbly with melted cheese and a slice of garlic bread. Our food was very tasty and hit the spot. The service here was very good and the waitress was very nice.

I enjoyed that we could sit and relax without ever feeling rushed. The location of the restaurant in Bobby's Marina allowed us to have some fun people watching moments during our meal. We will definitely return here when visiting St. Maarten.

Favorite Dish: The iced tea here was excellent (not overbrewed as it can be at some places). They served us large glasses of iced tea with plenty of ice and a large carafe of iced tea for refills. The nachos were very good and cheesey. Liz loved her escargot and the garlic bread (they were quite good...I stole a bite).

• Beaches

• Bella Napoli: Bad food, bad service and MANDATORY 28% tip

by shygoofy Written Jun 3, 2009

The staff seemed almost annoyed to wait on us and seemed to want to say no when I asked to sit inside. I asked to sit inside because there were people smoking in the tables outside and I can't stand smelling smoke at all, but especially when I eat. We ordered a Caprese salad (which didn't have basil until we asked for it) and a basic lettuce salad, my date had penne with arrabiata sauce and drank water. I had chicken marsala (though they put lemon in it for some reason, so it was marsala lemon flavored). We didn't eat dessert or have coffee and I had one bottle of beer (Carib) and one glass of savignon blanc (which was terrible). The bill was $76 and she added a service charge of $22!!!! I give my strongest recommendation to not go to this place. They don't know how to make Italian food, the service was lacking and the prices are ridiculous. Also, she sat at a table not far from us and smoked while we ate!!

Favorite Dish: NONE

• Irina80's Profile Photo

Calmos Cafe: dining and drinks on the beach in Grand Case

by Irina80 Written Jul 15, 2008

In Grand Case stuffed with good but highly overpriced restaurants I managed to find a place where one can simply have drinks and watch sunset without having to spend a fortune on fois gras. The place is called Calmos cafe which is translated from French as Relaxing cafe. Indeed, the most relaxing place on the island! Best time to go is about an hour before sunset, watch the day turn into night and you get a lantern on your table and the sea splashes quitely at your feet...Ahhh!

Favorite Dish: some kind of meatballs tapas, forgot the name. Delicious!

• Le Soleil Restaurant: Great Food in a Cozy Setting

by JonnyVT Updated May 29, 2008

This wonderful little restaurant is located in Grand Case and the patio overlooks the beach and marina. There must have been only 8 tables and everyone seemed to enjoy the French "joie de vive" way of dining. Our dining experience spanned more than two hours and included a very lovely and reasonably price bottle of Bordeaux. The staff was friendly, hard working and even comical at times. It was a great meal to wrap up what was a fantastic little vacation.

Favorite Dish: The whole menu looked very appetizing including the specials of the day. I enjoyed the sea scallops in a savory French herb sauce while my lady had a variation of bouillabaisse which consisted mostly of different types of fish, scallops, and mussels.

Instant Answers: Sint Maarten

Comments

Sint Maarten Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Sint Maarten restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Sint Maarten sightseeing.