Sint Maarten Restaurants

Most Recent Restaurants in Sint Maarten

• jenn_d's Profile Photo

Firehouse Cafe: Looking for a Date?

wall of shirts

This is the place to go if you want to meet a handsome fireman (I already have one!). The men stop here to sign the firefighter's guestbook and contribute a shirt to the wall. We had some drinks here and my hubby wrote a memorial to a coworker of his who died in the line of duty just days before we left on our trip.

Firefighter Brent Lovrein

Big Fish: A Local's Favorite

View of the harbour from BIG FISH

I WISH I HAD A BETTER PICTURE! This place came highly recommended to us by a couple from the US who have lived on St. Martin for 15 years. It was actually in walking distance of our Villa in Oyster Pond right on the water facing the harbour. It is small and very hip inside. The wine list was fairly good and we enjoyed a French bottle of fume. We sat outside on the water and got bit by some hungry mosquitos.

Favorite Dish: The crab stuffed mahi mahi was divine! It was served with potatoes and steamed veggies. I ordered a cesar salad to start and it was HUGE...it was also packed with garlic and it took nearly a day before my breath recovered! My husband had the coconut shrimp appetizer and said that it was the best thing he had eaten on our entire trip.

Blue *** Bar: Bad A$$ Ribs

Rib plate

Almost everyone in our group ordered the Bad A$$ ribs. I should 've taken an after picture of the pile of empty bones from everyone enjoyed them so much. The service was not so great, but that seems to be the case in most of the restaurants here. I ordered a cesar salad with shrimp and was very happy with it.

• jenn_d's Profile Photo

Mr. Busby's on the Beach: 75 cent beer!!

View from Busby's

This hopping beach bar is located on the sand at Dawn Beach. They serve breakfast, lunch and dinner but the highlight here is definitely the 75 cent Caribe beers served from 11-4 every day. Happy hour starts at 4 and beers are still an affordable $2.50. Otherwise the food here is marginal at best and will keep you satisfied while sitting on the beach.

Favorite Dish: One item that I had for breakfast was particularily yummy. It was called a Johnny Cake and consisted of eggs, ham, and cheese fried in a local bread.

La vie en Rose: Feels like you are in France

by evilprebil Written Jan 18, 2008

Me on the balcony

Very charming restaurant in the heart of Marigot. If possible try to snag a balcony seat and watch the comings of goings on the street below. Food was lovely and French.

Favorite Dish: The Frog legs were fantastic (first time I had them) and the wine was very good. I also tried the smoked lobster with a citrus pasta (tasty). I wasn't wild about the house smoked salmon, but we did love the dessert we shared Banana dominoes : )

Rosemary's: Lolo

by evilprebil Written Jan 18, 2008

packed!

We were wandering around the Marigot market area (by where the ferry gets in as well). It's cheap, authentic local creole food. There are a few of them along the market area, and this one even shares their awning with another Lolo, but as you might be able to see from the picture that Rosemary's was packed and the other side was basically empty. We got there early and stumbled upon on it as a happy coincidence. Very casual, very authentic.

Favorite Dish: Stronglikebull had the curried goat, which was amazing and I had the stewed conch, which had some chewy pieces (they use all of it) but was delicious. They have awesome hot sauce on the table and all the dishes come with rice & beans, plantain, a little salad and potato-ey thing. I also recomend getting a Presidente beer (which was as cheap as the water I think) and help with the spicy food and the Caribbean climate.

• School Holidays

• evilprebil's Profile Photo

L'Escargot: Yeah, they've got that....

by evilprebil Written Sep 26, 2007

This was an absolutely charming restaurant. I really wanted to get some authentic French food while I was on an Island controlled by France - and I especially wanted to try Snails. I figured since so many French come to St. Martin, Escargot has to be good. It was off season, so there wasn't very many people around - the owner came around and talked to everyone, our waiter was very friendly and it was all in all a great meal. Plus all the snail themed decor is really cute. :)

Favorite Dish: Snails with garlic, butter and cherry tomatoes - Yum! I also had the rack of lamb which was superb. My husband had a duck special that he loved. We let our waiter pick a wine, the selection was great.

• Geisha_Girl's Profile Photo

Sunset Beach Bar: Calling all Karaoke Buffs and Topless Women!

by Geisha_Girl Updated Sep 4, 2007

The bar was much better than the grill

Having just arrived and getting a feel for what the island had to offer, this Sunset Beach Bar was our very first stop to grab lunch and cold drinks.

By day, the Sunset Beach Bar was the perfect location to view the exciting landings of the jumbo jets onto the airport runway.

In fact, this seems to be the typical tourist activity, as the restaurant's sign even has the detailed schedules of all the major airline arrivals posted.

If dining there, the food served is somewhat left to be desired (chicken dishes were pretty dry and the beef products were undercooked), but the drinks hit the spot.

By night, the joint turns into an island hotspot---hosting Karaoke shows, bikini contests, and Ladies......toss off your top and you DRINK FOR FREE! (see pic insert)

It's like Spring Break all year-round at the Sunset Beach Bar.....

Favorite Dish: All the artery-clogging fried stuff was better than their grilled dishes!

• L'Escargot: Fresh Escargot!

by destinycm Written Apr 11, 2007

12 Escargot

In Philipsburg... a short walk from the ship port. This is a quaint little French restaurant. The food was delicious, although pricey.

It was very quaint and at one point my fiance and I were the only ones in the restaurant. He was able to ask me to dance with him to the authentic romantic French music they had playing.

Excellent guavaberry daiquiri's... St. Maarten's specialty

Favorite Dish: The Escargot of course!

• Cruise

• misodiva's Profile Photo

Saratoga: Romantic Quiet

by misodiva Updated Apr 1, 2007

Our hotel gave us a 10% off coupon and made our reservations. We went on Friday night and sat on the water front and it was quite and great lighting. Very romantic. The menu has several seafood options and one each of other meats. Not much for vegetarians. I had a salmon in phyllo dough and wild rice. He had salt and pepper whole fish, with basamanti rice and vegetables. Traditional foods with nice presentation.

• KeithTong's Profile Photo

L'Escargot: Snails To Die For

by KeithTong Written Jul 6, 2006

Restaurant L'Escargot

Let Joel and Sonya serve you a meal to remember.
    Seafood and Classic French Cuisine for Lunch and Dinner

Favorite Dish: Try the house special: Snails served up in a variety of ways. Damned good if you like the little beasts.

• CaribNomad's Profile Photo

Sol e Luna: French Cuisine at a Hidden Place

by CaribNomad Written Jun 12, 2005

Dine with Style

What a surprise, when you come to the quiet Mont Vernon neighborhood, and you step right away in gourmet paradise. Chef Christian very professionally prepares great French and Italian food. The setting is so exciting, so tropical, so Caribbean, and you are well taken care for by daughter Charlotte, who serves the food and beverages professionally.
    They also have several nice and stylish apts. to rent.

Favorite Dish: Great sea food starters, main course lamb, or try the Filet Mignon, just anything will make you happy there, as it is great French cuisine in a wonderful setting.

• Luxury Travel

• ATXtraveler's Profile Photo

Guavaberry Factory: Distillery? Restaurant, no... Nourishment... YES

by ATXtraveler Written Feb 14, 2005

Guavaberry emporium

One of the most important places to visit in downtown Phillipsburg is the Guavaberry Emporium, where they are nice enough to give out free samples of the Guavaberry Daquiri or Coladas!

I believe they gave me three free drinks, since I wanted to try each of their varieties... and it paid off, i ended up buying some of their liquor... so it all worked out. Make sure to get your free samples!!

Favorite Dish: Guavaberry Coladas:

Blend with ice until frothy - 2 oz. Sint Maarten Guavaberry Liqueur, 1 oz Cream of Coconut, 3 oz. Pineapple and fresh or canned chunks of fruit or juice. Garnish with pineapple, toasted coconut and grated nutmeg.

• starship's Profile Photo

Kangaroo Court: A Cute Place for A Quick Bite

by starship Updated Sep 14, 2004

Kangaroo Court

This cute little restaurant was recommended by the cruise line and I would have liked to try it, but we opted for "Every'ting Cool" because of its beach location. Here at Kangeroo Court, you can expect to find pasta, salads and sandwiches, frozen drinks gourmet coffees and Phillipsburg's only Expresso Bar!

• starship's Profile Photo

"Every'ting Cool": What a View!!

by starship Updated Sep 14, 2004

Looks Can Be Deceiving

Location, location, location! The food here is not bad, and though somewhat expensive for what you get, the special thing about this restaurant is the beach view! When you first enter the small doorway (see in the accompanying picture) to "Every'ting Cool" you're not sure what to expect. But as you walk through the small corridor, you suddenly realize that the restaurant is really open air with tables and chairs outside on a series of small decks right on the beach! The bar area is really the only part that has an overhead cover. Try to catch one of the tables under the trees to protect yourself from the tropical sun. Usually there is some kind of musical entertainment which will certainly further enhance your excitement at being in the Caribbean!

Favorite Dish: The burgers and fries here aren't gourmet but they're not bad either! Try the local Caribbean beer which are on the same order as some of the Mexican beers.

Instant Answers: Sint Maarten

Comments

Sint Maarten Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Sint Maarten restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Sint Maarten sightseeing.