Pochomil Transportation

• MalenaN's Profile Photo

To Pochomil from Granada

by MalenaN Written Mar 29, 2010

The beach

My first intention was to travel from Granada via Jinotepe and El Cruzero to Pochomil, to avoid going to Managua and taking a taxi there to another terminal, but at my hotel they told me it would take a very long time as buses were infrequent. So I took a microbus from Granada to Managua. They leave only a block from Hostal San Angel where I was staying , it took about one hour and the cost was 20 cordobas (July 2009).

The microbuses from Granada stop at UCA in Managua. I thought I had to take a taxi to Mercado Israel Lewites as the buses to Pochomil leave from there. But luckily someone told me that the microbus standing just where I went off the Granada bus was going to Jinotepe and I could take it to El Cruzero where I could wait for the bus to Pochomil (coming from Israel Lewites). That was a good option. To El Cruzero it took 35 minutes and it was 20 cordobas. I was dropped at a bus stop where other people were waiting and there was also a couple of fruit stands there. After waiting less than half an hour the bus to Pochomil came. It took one our and was 12 cordobas. In Pochomil I went all the way to the end stop.

All together the journey took three hours.

• MalenaN's Profile Photo

From Pochomil to León

by MalenaN Written Mar 27, 2010

The beach in Pochomil

The bus from Pochomil to Managua leaves not far from Hotel Alta Mar where I was staying. I went down to the bus stop, but there was still some time before the bus was leaving so I sat on the bus talking to the driver for a while. Before the bus had left Pochomil and Masachapa the bus was packed with people, but many of them went off in San Rafael del Sur. To Managua the bus ride took 1 hour 50 minutes and it was 22 cordobas (July 2009).

In Managua the bus stopped at terminal Mercado Israel Lewites. I knew there were buses for León leaving from the same terminal and I was happy that I didn’t have to take a taxi somewhere else. The driver from Pochomil told me I didn’t have to take one of the big slow buses as there were faster microbuses for León leaving from nearby. He told me to walk out to the main road and about 20 metres to my left I would find the microbuses. And so I did. I got the last seat and soon the microbus left. It took almost 1.5 hours to León and it was 40 cordobas. In León the bus stopped at the main terminal which is situated about 1km northeast of Parque Central and from there I walked to the hotel.

• ReinaMorena's Profile Photo

Getting to Pochomil

by ReinaMorena Updated Sep 1, 2006

Apparently there are a few ways that my organization has gone to Pochomil. In the past they have arranged private transportation or taken a taxi. Both of these way may be a little more spendy then many like but at least you have this option. And then there is the bus. Buses go often but it wouldnt hurt to as around ahead of time (or call the terminal) to see the schedule for that day. Buses my not run as often or go as far on holidays or weekends so find out. Once you know when they run, get to the terminal early so that you can pay and get a good seat (Be prepared to share). Other wise you may have to stand for a long time. Also try and get a good bus (first class, tour buses where the luggages goes below the bus) as they are more comfortable and the drivers do less passing over the double lines. In the end, be ready for what ever but dont let it stress you out if you dont get what you want cause in the end the Beach is worth the effort and the winding road.

• Beaches

Instant Answers: Pochomil

Comments

Pochomil Transportation

Reviews and photos of Pochomil transportation posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Pochomil sightseeing.