San Juan de Limay Travel Guide

• San Juan de Limay
  • San Juan de Limay

San Juan de Limay Shopping

by ReinaMorena Written Apr 27, 2007

What to buy: The Artists in Limay make anything from animals to Nativity Scenes, Angels to jewerly boxes. I think that they are most famous for the Torsos and the Gordita figures both are said to bring good luck in the home and fertility.

San Juan de Limay Local Customs

by ReinaMorena Written Apr 27, 2007

At night in the Park in front of the main church, the neighborhood kids get together for games of one goal soccer where the teams change after the first score is made. Also its a time to get to get together and chat with your friends.

• Study Abroad

San Juan de Limay What to Pack

by ReinaMorena Written Apr 27, 2007

Clothing/Shoes/Weather Gear: Limay is kinda laid back, something about it makes you just want to kick of your sneakers and bring out the flip flops. I say leave the flip flops for the house cause the streets are too rocky to walk around with out ankle support. some good, comfortable hiking shoes are great, though we went on a hike with some natives and on girl had on dress boots! Like I need that medical bill!

• Hiking and Walking

by ReinaMorena Written Apr 27, 2007

Toiletries and Medical Supplies: You really must bring some bug spray with deet and a mosquito next (that is not damaged or it will defeat its purpose). This will help against many bug bites but nothing is absolute. But at least I slept better knowing that I was as protected as possible. also bring some small things like little screw in hooks or tape to string up your net...you just may have to be creative in how you get it up!

• Work Abroad

• San Juan de Limay Hotels

0 Hotels in San Juan de Limay

San Juan de Limay Favorites

by ReinaMorena Updated Sep 12, 2006

Favorite thing: San Juan Limay is about 4hrs from Managua by bus. 2 hrs to Esteli and 2hrs to San juan de limay (Limay for short). Its a lovely valley city surrounded by impressive mountains (lots of rainforest in those mountians) which make for wonderfully relaxing views. Most of my General tips for Limay is geared mostly to people trying to find out more about this city for Delegation trips or NGO work. This is because for as much as I know there isnt a place to actually stay over in Limay. But its a great place for at least a day trip to pick up some marmolina (soapstone) for Great prices, straight from the artists.

Fondest memory: I went down to Limay for a sister city delegation so I think my Fondest memories of my trip are of the Becaros (Scholarship students). They we all around my age going through or finishing up university and were happy to see us as we were them. We even got together after the meeting for some dancing (Daddy Yankee all the way! VIVA REGGETON). Music really is the universal language. Also Tita and her family were great to me and made me feel welcome. Fue lo Mejor!

• Hiking and Walking

Instant Answers: San Juan de Limay

Comments

San Juan de Limay Travel Guide
Map of San Juan de Limay