Granada Restaurants

Fish Filete Lunch at Mely's
  • Brochette of River Lobster at Margarita's
    Brochette of River Lobster at...
    Margarita Bar & Grill

Most Recent Restaurants in Granada

• Gelateria Italy & ... Co: Gelateria

by Carolympe Written Dec 31, 2013

No lejos del Parque Central y de la Catedral, a pocos pasos de la Iglesia Guadalupe, Italy & ... Co se descubre en un ambiente apacible a las notas de plenitud y de serenidad.
    Su patio le acoge en condiciones agradables y propicias para el descanso y la convivialidad.

Not far from the Central Park and from the Cathedral, has some steps of l Church Guadalupe, Italy & ... Co confides in a peaceful decoration in the notes of plenitude and serenity.
    His patio welcomes you in pleasant convenient conditions has the relaxation and conviviality.

Non loin du Parc Central et de la Cathédrale, a quelques pas de l Eglise Guadalupe, Italy & ... Co se découvre dans un décor paisible aux notes de plénitude et de sérénité.
    Son patio vous accueille dans d'agréables conditions propices a la détente et a la convivialité.

Non lontano dal Parco Centrale e della Cattedrale, a pochi passi della Chiesa Guadalupe, Italy &... Co si scopre in un ambiente tranquillo alle note di pienezza e di serenità.
    Il suo patio l'accoglie in condizioni gradevoli e propizi per il riposo e socievolezza.

• Jungle and Rain Forest

• atufft's Profile Photo

Margarita Bar & Grill: Take Time to Relax and People Watch

by atufft Updated Jan 25, 2013

Shrimp in Garlic Sauce at Margarita's

Margarita is right in the center of the nightlife on the Calle La Calzada, and so don't expect really quick service. We waited an hour for food that was listed as "specials" on the white board just outside the bar entrance. But, the waiters were relatively attentive in any case. We spend the evening people watching, children coming to weave toys from cane stalk at our table, and of course the wandering musicians. Prices here are pretty reasonable, compared to Hotel Victoria.

Favorite Dish: Fish is the best thing to order here as most anywhere. I ordered a brochita langosta (brochette, or shish-kebab of lobster), while my wife ordered camarones ajillo (shriimp with garlic sauce). These dimly lit iPhone images don't do justice to the meal, but you get the idea.

• atufft's Profile Photo

Mely's: Good Place for Nica Ceviche and Mojito

by atufft Written Jan 25, 2013

Nica Ceviche at Mely's

Located on Calle La Calzada, Mely's is one of the mostly outdoor restaurants with very good service for lunch. I had a Nicaraguan style ceviche, while my wife had a filet of fish. The Mojito was nicely made, plenty of ice and fresh mint. Prices are very reasonable and service was quick.

• unomas_7's Profile Photo

mimishousegranada.com: Hamburgers reign supreme

by unomas_7 Updated Apr 4, 2011
    Courtyard view

Mimi's House Granada is a family owned and run business. They specialize in both Nicaraguan favorites like churasco steaks and also king size hamburgers made with the freshest meat available. The proprietor's sister, Melida, takes special care in ensuring that the quality of the food leaving the kitchen is to the customer's satisfaction and all kitchen staff have to go through a full health exam before being allowed to work there. In addition, staff are trained on the latest restaurant techniques for food preparation and handling. Plus you can go and surf the internet while waiting for your meal.

Favorite Dish: The owner takes great pride in the quality of the Hamburgers prepared here. Even the buns are baked on premise. McDonalds watch out!

• Singles

Choco Café: Yummy All You Can Eat Buffet Breakfast

by mircaskirca Updated Feb 5, 2011

Choco Caf��

Just around the corner from La Siesta where I was staying, ChocoMuseo was the first thing that I came across on the way to Parque Central on my first day in Granada. ChocoMuseo is part of Hotel Spa Granada where you also find ChocoMuseo shop and Choco Café. In the morning they offer all you can eat buffet breakfast and I was pleasantly surprised by a great sellection of yummy food. As I already had breakfast in my hotel I made sure not to miss it the next morning.

On the buffet you find fresh fruit juices, fresh fruits, granola, home made yogurt, white cheese, sweet fried plantains, tortillas, integral bread, banana bread, home made jams, Mombacho honey, Gallo pinto. They make eggs and omlettes any style with your choice of: ham, cheese, tomatoes and peppers; pancakes, crepes and waffels with your choice of: bananas, pineapple and chocolate. For drink you can choose between coffee and tea, but surprisingly, chocolate drinks are not included. These you have to pay separately.

You sit in the spacious garden patio which is nice in the morning. Lovely, full of pleasant atmosphere, it was my favourite place for breakfast in Granada.

Favorite Dish: I usually started with fresh fruit juice and a bowl of fruits with granola and yogurt, followed by tortilla, white cheese, fried plantains and a cup of organic coffee with milk. Another of my choice was waffel and crepes with banana and chocolate which were made to order and served at the table. Everything was very yummy! I just kept sampling until I was totally full ;)

Breakfast was 5 $ (5,75 $ with the tax) - December 2010.

• Museum Visits

El Tercer Ojo: Fusion Cuisine

by mircaskirca Updated Jan 31, 2011

interior of El Tercer Ojo

El Tercer Ojo is located right in front of the Convento San Francisco. Unique in style, where the Mediterranean mixes with Asia and an immense combination of colours, it's a mystical place with nice music and relaxed atmosphere. A bohemian lounge and bar is decorated in Bali style, with comfortable sofas to chill out, read a book and listen to the music while sipping a coffee. A lounge area leads out to an attractive patio dining area that seems to be quite popular, especially in the evening.

One of the best things about eating at El Tercer Ojo is their varied menu, with a wide range of authentic flavours from all corners of the world. It offers a Fusion Cuisine that includes Spanish tapas (such as tapenade, smoked salmon or grilled eggplant on toasted bread), French crepes and Italian pastas, sushi (every Tuesday night), Thai and Hindi dishes. Mains include pastas, vegetarian dishes, seafood, chicken, shish kebab and grilled meat. It also offers a menu with 18 different salads so that you can make your best choice. Appealing deserts are on offer for those who have room after the generous main.

El Tercer Ojo offers free Wi-Fi access to customers and an interesting selection of books for sale in different languages. Artwork and furniture can also be purchased there. Sometimes they also organize concerts with music that fit on the ambience. It's definitely an interesting and agreeable place to visit during the day or enjoy an evening drink, as well as to dine on attractively presented and good quality food. The service is good, the staff friendly and the overall feel is very inviting.

more pics in the travelogue

Favorite Dish: It's was my favourite restaurant and during my stay in Granada I visited two times. First time I was here for lunch. It was too hot for the main so I opted for one of theirs salads, lettuce with gorgonzola, and had a delicious fresh juice mixture with the food.

The second time I was here with my Slovenian friend Petra and two Canadian guys. It was kind of goodbye dinner until some two weeks later we met again for Christmas. We started our meal with pumpkin soup and for the main we chose different dishes. I had salad with lettuce, tofu and mushrooms and Petra had lettuce with gorgonzola, while one of the guys opted for shrimp in curry and coconut pineapple sauce and the other grilled meat. We had a bottle of Chilean Cabernet Sauvignon wine to accompany this delicious meal.

The restaurant is not cheap for Nicaraguan standards. Actually, I thought it was rather expensive. But still, it was a great experience, worth visiting for the unique ambience and good food.

• Wine Tasting
    • Music

O'Shea's Irish Pub and Restaurant: Greatest Selection of Fruit Juices in Town

by mircaskirca Updated Jan 30, 2011

tropical fruits salad served with yogurt

Located in a green building on La Calzada, the O'Shea's Irish Pub and Restaurant offers the best and coldest beers of Granada which you can enjoy in the bar or out on the sidewalk. You can choose between inexpensive local beer Toña and Victoria and quite expensive Guinness. Large quantities of good food is available all day. Along with colcannon (traditional Irish dish made from mashed potatoes, kale or cabbage) you can get what is reported to be the best Fish & Chips in Central America. Also try the finger food on its menu, considered by many the best in town, especially the fish-fingers. And that's not all. O'Shea's Irish Pub also has the greatest selection of fresh fruit juices. This was the reason of my many visits.

After moving to Granada in 2007 Dubliner Tommy Griffin opened up a juice bar which he expanded to a pub/restaurant in late 2008. Now he has a flourishing business drowing both tourists as well as locals. On Wednesday nights he also make quiz games for the customers to have fun and learn about the history, art, culture... There is a big chance you'll encounter hospitable Tommy. It seems he's always there, enjoying chatting with his customers.

Favorite Dish: It was delightful surprise to find such an amazing selection of smoothies and juice mixtures. I usually had Exotic, the most delicious juice mixture made from mango, papaya, pineapple and orange juice (45 cordobas - December 2010). One night I opted for a big portion of fruit salad. It consisted of papaya, passion fruit, melon, watermelon and banana, served with yogurt (55 cordobas – December 2010). An expensive treat for Nicaraguan standards but well worth for the quality.

• Beer Tasting

El Cipitío: Pupusas Salvadoreñas

by mircaskirca Updated Jan 29, 2011

El Cipit��o - making pupusas and orange juice

Named after a legendary character of Salvadoran folklore, El Cipitío – Pupuseria Salvadoreña is a simple place offering a favourite snack of El Salvador, pupusas. There are two tables on the pavement by the restaurant. But because of the busy traffic of Calle Real Xalteva I decided to sit inside. As the name suggests, the place specializes on pupusas which are made all the time. I was happy to found that they also had a good selection of fresh fruit juices. All together, this made a nice place for an afternoon break.

Pupusas are traditional Salvadoran dish, similar to corn tortilla, only thicker, stuffed with cheese, pork, squash or refried beans. They are similar to Colombian arepas and Mexican gorditas but the ingredients vary. The pupusa recipe uses masa harina (fine ground cornmeal flour made from dry hominy) instead of usual corn flour. The two most common pupusas are the pupusa de queso (they usually a soft cheese called Quesillo) and pupusa revuelta with mixed ingredients of cheese, beans and pork. Pupusas are served with tomato salsa and curtido (lightly fermented cabbage slaw with red chillies and vinegar). They are generally eaten by hand.

Favorite Dish: I had pupusa de queso which so much reminded me of delicious Colombian arepas. It was nicely warm and cheesy, and it tasted really good. At that moment I could not think of any better choice than a glass of freshly made orange juice to accompany the meal.

What a simple but tasty snack! And it was only 30 cordobas (pupusa 15 cordobas and orange juice 15 cordobas) – December 2010.

Bar & Restaurante de Los Artistas: Food, Live Music & Paintings Exhibition

by mircaskirca Updated Jan 28, 2011

Bar & Restaurante de los Artistas

Pedestrian Calle La Calzada is filled with bars and restaurants for all tastes and budgets. But generally, the area is more expensive than other parts of the city. Bar & Restaurante de Los Artistas immediately caught my attention. It was because of its name and also because of the saxophone picture at the entrance. They have a varied menu, from fusion cuisine, salads, tapas, Italian pasta, vegetarian dishes, seafood and meat dishes, and I thought there might be some cool music in the evening. Enough reasons to choose it for another dinner with Petra.

The restaurant has an outdoor sitting with a few tables overlooking the always lively La Calzada, a nice spot for people watching. The inside is rather spacious. There is a bar and a lounge area with paintings exhibition and occasional live music.

I can only say good things about the service. Our waiter Oscar gave us a good explanation about the dishes. He was friendly and professional. From time to time he stopped at our table and we had a nice chat. Later on, when I was staying in Hospedaje Café Ruíz, I often passed by and he always took his time to talk about the latest news.

Favorite Dish: While waiting for the food we were sipping a refreshing caipirinha (a Brazilian cocktail made with cachaça, lime and sugar). It did not take long until the food arrived. And, well, it looked very tempting. My choice was vegetable Thai curry. It was served in a clay bowl and came on a big plate, together with rice and mixed salad. Petra chose creamy ricotta and spinach tortellini.

Though not the cheapest option, we were both quite satisfied with the food. All in all, it was a very enjoyable evening.

• Music

Casa Bohemia: Some of the Freshest Vegetarian Meals

by mircaskirca Updated Jan 28, 2011

Casa Bohemia

Casa Bohemia is a mellow place not far from La Siesta where we were staying so one evening Petra and I decided to have dinner here. The low-lit front bar has a lot of stools and there's also a pretty courtyard. The food is served in both places. The kitchen in this large and airy colonial house makes some of the freshest meals in town. There's always a couple of vegetarian options on the menu. The atmosphere is laid back and friendly, with candles on the tables. The service was very slow. We were already pretty hungry so we almost gave up. But then the food finally arrived.

Favorite Dish: We both opted for vegetarian dishes. I choose tortilla with vegetables while Petra had pasta. Tortilla was filled with sweet pepper, tomato and, to my surprise, potato. The food was ok but nothing really special, and the portions were huge so we could not finish it all. We had fresh fruit juice to accompany the meal.

The bill came to around 200 cordobas (December 2010) which was good value for money.

Good and cheap food

vigoron

Another meal I ordered was "vigoron" It's the typical food of Granada that I wanted to try so much.I only heard the name but I have no idea what it is.They served it on banana leaf (like some food in Thailand, my country) It made with Chicharon (fried pork skin) ,yucca and cabbage salad.I liked it.The price is 50 c.d. We can have vigoron at the booth at central park as well,and I guess it even be cheaper than here.

Good local food

by rosequartzlover1 Written Jan 18, 2011
    big portion of chicken soup

Most restaurant along Calle La Calzada are quite expensive than average,but this place whisch I don't remember the name but it located at the beginning of Calle La Cazada (from central park)and it's on the right hand side (if we walk towards the lake)if I remeber well ,it's next to Inuit tour operater.I ordered a chicken soup and a vigiron.I thought the soup will be just a small bowl like soup in Europe but it beame a big bowl of chicken soup filled with 2 pieces of chicken,vegetable,corn and yucca,serve with a plate of rice and tortilla.It cost only 40 c.d !!

Cheap food

by rosequartzlover1 Written Jan 18, 2011

The booth at Central park sell some good and cheap local food ,together with soft drink ,coffee and other local drink like yucca drink.The food is not that big portion but enough for a brunch or late lunch.I like sitting here ,seeing people go by.

• rosequartzlover1's Profile Photo

Kathy's waffle: best gallo pinto I ever had

by rosequartzlover1 Updated Jan 7, 2011
    taken from church,Kathy's waffle is opposite side

I had late lunch one time in Kathy's waffle ,it's quite expensive ,but good food and clean and good atmosphere (even a bit hot at lunch).I had gallo pinto (90c.d) It's very tasty,the best I ever had.They have waffle that I expect a little bit that it will be delicious but it's just ok,not that delicious and a bit pricey,110 c.d.Coke 25c.d.Coffee here was also one the best cofee I had on this trip.It's a pity ,that in these region they can produce such good coffee but the best grade almost all for export ,the second grade they consume in the country, but in Kathy's waffle I can drink real taste of coffe and very good aroma.I ordered a capuccino cost 35 c.d.

Favorite Dish: Gallo pinto.

Park central: Cheap breakfast

by rosequartzlover1 Updated Jan 5, 2011
    cheap and delicious local fried rice.

Some morning I had very cheap breakfast from street vendor at the park central.The lady standing in the midddle of the park announcing the name of her food that sound like "enchilada" she comes with her plastic box of some kind of fried rice with chopped chicken meat, serving with some kind of home made marinated chopped cabbage.She asked if I would like to have the cabbage ,may be because I am foreigner,she may think probably I don't want to have it but I want to try everything.She serve it on a small paper plate .It cost 15 c.d ..how cheap!! ..and I love it ,it tasted very good .I noticed that she didn't come on weekend,but not sure.I didn't have chance to ask around why she didn't appear on one sunday morning.
    After breakfast I had some coffee from street vendor near by,if you don't say anything they will put a lot of sugar for you,so if you don't like sweet coffee ,just tell them before it's too late.(15 c.d) If you don't like rice,some vedor in the park sell hot dog as well .There are 2 size ,small 15c.d big 20c.d. Bottle of water and soft drink cost 15-20 c.d.

Instant Answers: Granada

Comments

Granada Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Granada restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Granada sightseeing.