Granada Restaurants

courtyard

Most Recent Restaurants in Granada

Cheap food

by rosequartzlover1 Written Jan 18, 2011

The booth at Central park sell some good and cheap local food ,together with soft drink ,coffee and other local drink like yucca drink.The food is not that big portion but enough for a brunch or late lunch.I like sitting here ,seeing people go by.

• rosequartzlover1's Profile Photo

Kathy's waffle: best gallo pinto I ever had

by rosequartzlover1 Updated Jan 7, 2011

I had late lunch one time in Kathy's waffle ,it's quite expensive ,but good food and clean and good atmosphere (even a bit hot at lunch).I had gallo pinto (90c.d) It's very tasty,the best I ever had.They have waffle that I expect a little bit that it will be delicious but it's just ok,not that delicious and a bit pricey,110 c.d.Coke 25c.d.Coffee here was also one the best cofee I had on this trip.It's a pity ,that in these region they can produce such good coffee but the best grade almost all for export ,the second grade they consume in the country, but in Kathy's waffle I can drink real taste of coffe and very good aroma.I ordered a capuccino cost 35 c.d.

Favorite Dish: Gallo pinto.

taken from church,Kathy's waffle is opposite side

Breakfast just to survive

by rosequartzlover1 Written Jan 5, 2011

In the morning, street vender sell some fruits like banana (1 c.d/piece)and cutting pine apple and papaya cost around the same .I like the banana,it was my breakfast everyday in Granada,actually the whole trip :) You will find them almost every corner of street near park central .If you are near the mercado,you can buy them even more cheaperl,like 1 c.d for 3pieces,depends on how big and how good condition of the fruits.For the pine apple,I like it but with an empty stomach I don't want to have it,I prefer to have it after meal.I tried some of it,the taste was a little sour ,not that sweet like some pine apple from my country.

• rosequartzlover1's Profile Photo

Almost nice area for eating and drinking

by rosequartzlover1 Written Jan 2, 2011

The restaurant along Calle La Calzada are quite expensive for me soI tried to find some nice area for eating but not expensive.I tried an area that located in a corner ,1 block from Park central on Calle Real Xalteva.I forgot the name of it but the area look like a courtyard surrounding with restaurants on the ground floor and pubs on the second floor(as seen on the picture).The courtyard looks nice but the way they manage the shops and setting the table are not that nice.I think this area has a lot of potential to be a nice place to eat and drink if they just re-organize and sell some other food ,make it more variety.And one thing from my own opinion I don't like the too loud music they play at night ,it doesn't sound welcoming much for me, also the dimming light are too dark.It looked like disco place (without people) more than a nice chilling drinking place.At day time we stop by to drink some soft drink ,not much customer,only 1 tourist (I guess) drinking some beers.I had dinner there 1 time,we had chicken with rice (70 c.d) and beef with french fries (80 c.d) .We didn't drink there because it's too loud music,so we bought some beers from a grocery store next to that place and went back to drink at our hostel ,in our beautiful garden.

• Spacemanspiff's Profile Photo

Garden Cafe: Fresh baked goodies

by Spacemanspiff Written Sep 29, 2010

Not only was the food and service here excellent, but I really did appreciate the fact that they had a security guard at the door keeping out the panhandlers and trinket sellers who really began to wear on me at other open air places.

Favorite Dish: Carrot muffin was excellent

Courtyard area

• Bucanero Restaurant: Crime ring at Bucanero Restaurant

by happytraveller15 Written Jul 5, 2010

Recently visited Bucanero restaurant and unfortunately our bus was robbed and eight passports stolen along with many other items. From the local police, the state department and other information we discovered that the owner of the restaurant is part of a crime ring which has robbed several cars in the Bucanero parking lot. Beautiful view but recomend everyone stay very far away from this place. It is a real pity.

• JARDIN D'ORION: Wonderful restaurant, Need to stop by!

by mariprenaison Updated Apr 9, 2010

JARDIN D'ORION is a great restaurant.

Where else can you go where the very fresh food is excellent, the atmosphere superb and a perfect and very thoughtful service

The ‘’ duck , sauce au cassis’’ and the ‘’ beef medallion, blue cheese sauce’’ were amazing!

Dessert was fantastic.

Romantic and reasonably priced.

Frédéric and Delphine are doing a great job.

Favorite Dish: DUCK SAUCE CASSIS served with home-made chips and fresh vegetables , very special in Nicaragua.

• El Arcangel Hotel Gran Francia: El Arcangel forex rip off

by michaelhepworth Updated Feb 10, 2010

We had a good but not great meal at El Archangel. We consider it very expensive for what you get, but more importantly they give you prices in US$, convert them to Cordoba's at one rate and then calculate the actual exchange at another. So the bottom line is they are expensive and they screw you on the bill.

Check your bill thoroughly otherwise you'll pay more than you should. Also once you start questioning the bill, the people who could speak English suddenly can't speak English any more.

• Restaurant JARDIN D'ORION Granada: Beautiful,Romantic , Very Tasty.........

by jack-ounet Updated Jan 12, 2010

JARDIN D'ORION is a fantastic restaurant near the central plaza of Granada.
    It is a perfect place to hide from the hot and dusty streets of Granada where you can enjoy beautiful wines and very tasty food for a very descent price. (The music is even good ).

I would advise everybody to go and taste!

Favorite Dish: Beef medaillons ''blue cheese sauce''.
    Duck red ''sauce''.
    Profiteroles.
    Flan.

December 2009 december 2009

• Pietwiel's Profile Photo

Jardin d(orion: lovely atmosphere ,very good food and efficient se

by Pietwiel Written Nov 17, 2009

Jardin d'Orion is very near the old town.(parque central) The food and atmoshere are great . The best food we had in 5 weeks in Central America.Very fresh food. (also very special in Central America!). The restaurant had a very nice wine selection. This is a excellent restaurant at moderate price. You must go to JARDIN D'ORION if you are in Granada.WE loved this charming restaurant

Favorite Dish: Beef , and fresh vegetables.

• Women's Travel
    • Wine Tasting

• Sallykap.'s Profile Photo

JARDIN D'ORION: Best in Granada

by Sallykap. Written Oct 1, 2009

We were delighted to relax on the peaceful garden of ‘El Jardin de Orion’. This restaurant-bar is magnificently located!we enjoyed the delicious French food. I loved the tarte tatin (apple pie)! We were kindly welcomed by the dynamic young couple who own the restaurant. English flowed easily. (Although we learned they are equally conversant in French, Spanish and Dutch.)
    We quickly felt at home. The menu is delicious and affordable.
    We heartily recommend ‘Jardin d' Orion’

Favorite Dish: Beef medallions with a selection of sauces
    Tatin caramelized apple pie

• Business Travel

• Beast's Profile Photo

El Tercer Ojo: International Flavor

by Beast Written Jun 6, 2009

The name means the third eye. You will find a unique, relaxed atmosphere in this friendly but mystical place. A mix of authentic flavors from all corners of the world is offered - a FUSION cuisine including Spanish tapas, vegetation food, French crepes, Italian pastas, Sushi every Tuesday night, and also Thai and Hindu food.

The restaurant is open every day except on Monday.

Another aspect of the restaurant is the Lounge Bar, filled with comfort by cushions and sofas of all sizes, so that you can enjoy the music, board games, books, coffee, art, and the pleasant aromas and fragrances. There is also a wide choice of licor and cocktails. Great environment to kick back and visit with friends.

Favorite Dish: Sushi's pretty damn good. But then I haven't been disappointed here ever.

Inside Tercero Ojo
    • Adventure Travel
    • Kayaking
    • Rafting

• Beast's Profile Photo

Kathy's Waffle House: Great Breakfast

by Beast Written Jun 6, 2009

Kathy's Waffle House a small, friendly breakfast restaurant that is very popular among foreigners as well as Nicaraguans. As a result of specializing in breakfasts, the restaurant has come up with some exceptional meals to start your day. Besides thick, Belgium waffles you can also get omelets, oatmeal, french toast, sandwiches, pancakes, smoked salmon, and bagels. Fresh juices are also available to accompany your breakfast.

Favorite Dish: waffles

Kathy's Waffle House

• Imagine: Best in Granada

by gatica Updated May 27, 2009

We have lived in Granada for six months and gone to a large variety of eateries but I have to say that Imagine - though expensive for here - is really the best. Kevin uses fresh ingredients and finds new ways to present them. It is a small intimate informal restaurant with lovely presentation and good music. On some days there is live music (though given the space, I have not been willing to try it though I hear the music is great).

Favorite Dish: Everything is freshly grilled (so not fast even though there aren't usually a lot of people there at once) and it is all good. I have had the lamb as well as appetizers. The food is put together in interesting ways that allows you to taste it - nothing strange - like you are eating in a french restaurant.

• lalikes's Profile Photo

Cafe Tropical: On the square

by lalikes Written Apr 5, 2009

Yes, we were trapped into a touristy restaurant for drinks and appetizers. But, in Grenada, it's not so touristy. It was a bit pricey for Granada but still cheap by U.S. standards. Great people watching as well.

Instant Answers: Granada

Comments

Granada Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Granada restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Granada sightseeing.