Las Peñitas Restaurants

fruit salad and coffee for breakfast
    by mircaskirca
    a great view of the beach
    Oasis

Most Recent Restaurants in Las Peñitas

• mircaskirca's Profile Photo

Oasis: A Small Beach Hostel and Restaurant

by mircaskirca Updated Aug 31, 2011

fruit salad and coffee for breakfast

Several small hotels and restaurants are scattered along the length of the beach of Las Peñitas. Petra suggested Oasis, a small hostel and restaurant, which is located right on the beach, some 200 m before the bus terminal. This long-time surfer favourite has a lazy backpackers vibe. Guests can enjoy a hammock area with a great second-story view of the Pacific ocean. Though it somehow lacks a bit of style and decoration. They offer rooms, cabins and a dormitory. The prices seemed to be a bit lower than in most other places around. The restauant has a beautiful view of the beach but the toilets look nasty. We visited on a Christmas day when it was very crowded, so we were lucky to get a table. I returned another day during the week and it was very tranquil. If you order a drink or food you can keep the table for the whole time spent on the beach.

Favorite Dish: The first time we only had a drink. On my second visit I had a breakfast which consisted of a plate of fruit salad (papaya, watermeloon, banana and pineapple) and a big cup of black coffee. I also wanted to have a late lunch, before returning to León and further to Granada. To save time I ordered it much in advance and we agreed for a certain hour. I still had to wait for a very long time, and at the end I did not get what I ordered. I wanted to have a grilled fish but was served a fried fish, so I refused. Of course they weren't happy about it and neither was I. Then it was too late for me to go to another restaurant, so I had to leave Las Peñitas with an empty stomach :(

You can't beat the excellent location of Oasis right on the beach but the service could be much better and the stuff friendlier.

• Beer Tasting
    • Beaches

Dinner at Barca de Oro

by MalenaN Updated Apr 4, 2011

Camarones al coco

Barca de Oro is the place I had called a day ahead to make a reservation. They didn’t have a room, only dorm beds, so I called Casa Patricia instead. That evening there were no dinner at Casa Patricia so instead I went to Casa de Oro which is nearby. The restaurant there was busy.
    I ordered Camarones al coco (shrimps with coconut). It was served with rice, French fries and some salad. It tasted very good, but the lemon juice I drank was too sweet. The price for the meal including tip was 230 cordobas (July 2009).
    I remember it was dark in the restaurant but it was not because of a power failure.

Playa Roca

by MalenaN Written Jan 8, 2010

Food at Playa Roca

There are a few places along the Beach in Las Peñitas where you can eat. One of them is Playa Roca, which is a bar, restaurant and hotel. I ate here once, chicken with French fries and pasta and I had a Papaya juice to drink, but I can’t remember what the cost was. One beer was 25 cordobas though (July 2009). Playa Roca is a nice place to watch the sunset from and you have a good view over the beach.

Beach Hostel Oasis

by MalenaN Written Jan 5, 2010

At Beach Hostel Oasis there are two areas under thatched roof with tables and hammocks, one of them on a second floor and with a better view over the ocean, but there are beach views from both places.

I came here for lunch during my first day in Las Peñitas, before I had moved to this hotel. I had pasta with prawns and vegetables, and it was served with bread. And to drink I had a fresh lemon juice. It was 110 cordobas (July 2009) and all tasted good.

The next day it was great to start the day with breakfast overlooking the ocean. I can’t remember how much the breakfast was but when I checked out I paid 280 cordobas for breakfast, dinner, two beers, water, Pepsi and tip.

Instant Answers: Las Peñitas

Comments

Las Peñitas Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Las Peñitas restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Las Peñitas sightseeing.