Masatepe Travel Guide

Masatepe Transportation

• MalenaN's Profile Photo
    Street in Masatepe

by MalenaN Updated May 22, 2010

I took a bus from Granada to Catarina. It was one of those slow buses stopping everywhere, so it took one hour to reach Catarina, the first village I visited during my daytrip. The bus was 10 cordobas (July 2009). From where I was dropped there was a walk of about 1km through the village to the Mirador. After admiring the beautiful views over Laguna de Apoyo and drinking a Coke I walked back through the village to the big roundabout down at the main road. I cross the road and took the next bus heading for Masatepe. It took 15 minutes and it was 5 cordobas.

After eating lunch and an ice cream in Masatepe I took the bus to Niquinohomo, where I visited the Sandino Museum. On my way to Catarina and Masatepe I had noticed that the villages Niquinohomo, Catarina and San Juan de Oriente were all very close to each other. I asked at the museum how far it was to my next destination, San Juan de Oriente. And they told me it was only 2km, and they advised me to take one of the mototaxis standing by the plaza to San Juan de Oriente. It would cost 10 - 15 cordobas. But as the last mototaxi just left when I came there I decided to walk.

From Niquinohomo I walked along a smaller road, parallel to the main road, up to the roundabout by Catarina, and then I followed the main road to San Juan de Oriente. In San Juan de Oriente I visited a few pottery shops before heading back to Granada. Going back to Granada I had to wait 20 minutes for the bus. Dark rain clouds were approaching, but luckily the bus arrived just before the rain started to pour down.

Instant Answers: Masatepe

Comments

Masatepe Travel Guide
Map of Masatepe