Bocas del Toro Restaurants

by Pieter11
  • Restaurants
    by elsadran
  • Yarisnori is on your way to Starfish Point
    Yarisnori is on your way to Starfish...
    by elsadran

Most Recent Restaurants in Bocas del Toro

• Bambu restaurant: Raw Seafood / Worst service experience!

by georgew24 Written Nov 14, 2011

Our experience begins waiting 1 hour and 15 minutes for 6 plates, The octoppus was nearly cocked (almost raw), so we ask kindly to the waiter for a chef opinion, leaving with long face, 5 minutes later the Manager-Owner tell us it was Imposible! pointing his finger to the seafood, so again i ask him if he can changed for another plate maybe? His answer: "we will not charge you for the plate, But i will ask you please NOT COME BACK", this is my 4 trip to bocas del toro with my family and friends, and we have taste seafood from several restaurants in panama, US, Brazil and Never have been treated like this way before. Very sad experience in paradise like Bocas, AVOID this place!!. I recommend "Yarisnori" Fresh seafood and best fish in the island with and excelent Service.

• Bocas Bambu Beach: Stay away from this place

by livinginpanama_11 Written Sep 14, 2011

When we sat down, we placed our food and drink order. My wife ordered a Caipirinha and when she received her drink it was apparent the drink was not what we had expected. It was extremely acidic and had way too much lemon juice in it. We asked that more sugar be added to the drink but this did not make much difference so we asked to have the drink switched to a Cuba Libre. Instead of the waiter bringing the drink back, the bartendar came over with both drinks in his hand, introduced himself as the manager/owner and began giving us a lecturer on the fact that he had spent three years in Sao Paulo, Brazil and we pretty much didn't know anything about this drink.

It was extremely rude for any manager to treat his customers this way. We may not have had the "training" he had received in the finer art of making Caipirinha, however, we have had this drink in a variety of differnet places in the US, Canada and Panama and never encountered one made with so much lemon juice and so acidic.

My suggestion to anyone reading this is to avoid this place. The food is ok, but nothing worth putting up with this guys attitude. There are much better places to eat in Bocas (El Pecado and Casbah to name a few).

Favorite Dish: None

• Eco-Tourism

• Toro Loco: Delicious American food

by txjenny Updated Apr 4, 2011

This friendly and quaint American-owned bar has a relaxed atmosphere with great music and five flat screens televisions with sports on all day. On the menu they've got burgers, quesadillas, chicken fingers and wings, salad, chili, mozzarella sticks, just to name a few things. All meals are $6 and under. While you wait for your food you can play darts, take advantage of their free Wifi or just talk to friends and enjoy the music.

Favorite Dish: Great burgers and quesadillas!

• Diving and Snorkeling
    • Sailing and Boating
    • Beaches

• Palma de Roca: Best Burger in Bocas!

by pwj9382 Written Jun 29, 2010

After months on the road I was craving a burger. But not just any burger, I needed a juicy, fresh off the grill burger with all the fixings. Now in my travels, I've been to many places that claim they have the "best (insert item) in town!" Usually this is not the case, but I certainly found the best burger in Central America at the Palma de Roca Bar and Grill on Red Frog Beach. Its everything I hoped for and more. Not only was the burger great at Palma de Roca, but the ambiance as a whole was spectacular. Located right on Red Frog Beach, the bar is a great spot to grab a cold beer and take in the natural beauty of the area.

Favorite Dish: Hamburger! Grilled to perfection w/ a special marinate, this burger will fill you up and then some!

• Jungle and Rain Forest

• Kayukos: Island Hang Out!

by pwj9382 Updated Jun 29, 2010

After spending the day at Red Frog Beach, I got word that there was a hostel w/ a full restaurant a short walk away from the beach. Once I cam across the Bocas Bound Hostel, I decided to take a load off and relax at their island lounge and restaurant, Kayukos. Located in a large, open air building -- Kayukos is a great spot to chill out and grab a great bite to eat. They serve breakfast lunch and dinner, and most of the dishes are traditional Panamanian meals. They also have sandwiches and daily specials. The food was great, and very reasonably priced -- but my favorite part of the restaurant was the large common area. Equipped with pool, ping pong, and free wifi -- it was a great spot to relax and get out of the sun for a bit while enjoying a great meal. And since its part of a hostel, you will always find interesting people to talk to from all over the world. If you're going to Red Frog Beach, I highly recommend stopping in at Bocas Bound and Kayukos.

Favorite Dish: Favorite dish would definitely be the Chipotle BBQ Chicken Sandwich. Its the perfect size, and if you get it with a side of patacones, you still feel like you're experiencing the local culture! the best of both worlds.!

• Adventure Travel
    • Jungle and Rain Forest

El Pecado del Sabor

by elsadran Updated Aug 18, 2008

This was my favourite and I would have had all my food there if I could...
    Its values are: Excellent food, flawless service, superb taste, warm candle lit atmosphere and a narrow but breezy balcony with view to the main street. I met the French Canadian owner who pointed out to me that he cares for quality. I heard they sometimes stay open until very late if the clients are in the mood! Among others I remember the delicious fish dishes including lobster and salmon. There are also Thai, Lebanese and Mexican dishes. Try it!
    Calle 3rd just off the main square, 2nd building to the Park on the 2nd floor.

Lemon Grass restaurant

by elsadran Updated Aug 18, 2008

This was my friends' favourite so we frequently visited it. And not undeservedly. It has nice views from the large terrace. The owner describes it as 'Asian bistro' and points out the Asian Fusion Cuisine. Its menu includes mostly Thai dishes but local tastes, too. It was recommended to me by Europeans living there, too.
    Juices are at 2.5$, appetizers at 5$ and mains at 10-20$ and stays open from 11:30am to 10:00pm

Yarisnori Restaurant

by elsadran Written Aug 18, 2008

Yarisnori is on your way to Starfish Point

Yarisnori is the only restaurant in the area of Bocas de Drago beach at the northwest part of Colon island but it manages to satisfy all the customers. Their food is tasty, especially the fish, which I tried, and the prices are not bad. The service is very good, the lady who runs it very nice and the location is convenient. You can start or end your excursion with it! There are some hammocks on the beach in front.
    Cold showers are free in order to get rid of some salt off your body. You can also rent snorkel gear and kayaks.

• Pieter11's Profile Photo

Buena Vista Deli & Bar: Good view, high prices

by Pieter11 Written May 20, 2008

The view from Buena Vista

At the Calle 1, the road that follows the coastline in the centre of Bocas del Toro, there are many restaurants and bars where you can have a meal or drink AND enjoy the seaview. Buena Vista (nice view in Spanish) is one of these places at the beginning of this street.

At Buena Vista there is a restaurant where you can have seafood meals that look very tasty. I didn't try them, but the smell and looks were very good. When we were here we only sat down for a drink: a orange juice and a pineapple juice. Especially the orange juice was very nice.

But the disadvantage is that the places with seaview are much more expensive then the ones without. And so a juice at Buena Vista's costed about 3 dollar: ridiculously expensive for Central American standards. And another thing I felt was that I didn't feel welcome being a dirty, sweaty backpacker. I had the feeling that you are only "really welcome" here with some clean clothes and a pocket full of money.

• Pieter11's Profile Photo

???: A nice local restaurant

by Pieter11 Written May 20, 2008

Panama-beer in Bocas del Toro

At about 50 metres north from the Parque Central, the other side of the mainroad, you'll find a very nice restaurant where you can have a good meal and something to drink for much better prices then the touristic places that you see a couple of hundred metres further, in the real centre.

The restaurant serves breakfasts and lunches in a buffetstyle: you can enter, tell them what you want on you plate and they'll make it into a nice plate. The prices are very low: for a very decent meal you pay only 1,50 dollars. The food you can choose from is both a bit western food, but also some local specialties.

And then you can also just go here for a drink (try the local Panama-beer here) and a piece of cake; they have several different kinds, and the banana-cake is very nice!

I don't remember the name of this place, but it is pretty easy to spot with a green front, and pretty much always some "big momma's" sitting outside in the shade.

• bilgeez's Profile Photo

Cafe Skylight: On the bay

by bilgeez Written May 14, 2008

Cafe Skylight has a tie-up pier for those who boat over from elsewhere on the island or from one of the other islands in the Archepelego. They have an eclectic menu with local and American dishes. I didn´t try them when we were there, because we ate at Hotel La Rumba, which has a very nice restraurant itself, but it is highly recommended by others I have talked to that have been there and a former high school teacher of mine who used to live on Bocas.

Favorite Dish: Haven´t eaten there, but it is highly recommended by those I know who have!

• Study Abroad

• Om Cafe: Indian Cuisine in Bocas del Toro

by PaulFitch Updated Oct 13, 2007

Tonight we shared a wonderful dining experience with our friends in Bocas del Toro. The Om Cafe is conveniently located one block off the main street in Bocas. It is on the second floor of the building and gives a nice view of the city park. But, of course, the test of a good restaurant is the service and food - and Om Cafe scored high as far as all of us were concerned. Our server was courteous and prompt with our orders. All dishes are marked on the menu as to how spicy they are but most can be adjusted to your taste. For instance, the special of the evening was not spicy but could be seasoned as you wished. The drink menu is extensive with beer, cocktails, wine, and Indian teas as well as soft drinks and fruit drinks.

Favorite Dish: We sampled the Shrimp Tikka, the Shrimp Curry, the Chicken Curry and the Palaak Paneer. The dishes come with rice, naan and daal. They were all very tasty and made us wish for larger stomachs to taste more! Our friends enjoyed the Thali dinners which can be either vegetarian, chicken, fish or shrimp.

• theodoreconrad's Profile Photo

Mr. Douglas' Golden Grill: Please, do me a favor, don't eat here

by theodoreconrad Written Aug 4, 2007

If the name sends up any red flags in your mind, heed them. Sure, you may walk out of Mr. Douglas' neither satisfied nor dissatisfied, but mediocrity is so boring when there are good options. To be fair, the pizza here isn't bad, though the amount of toppings is a joke. The real joke though, the sadistic joke, is the hamburgers. Even if you've never had a hamburger, this will set alarm bells of inside of you and you'll know it's wrong. There always seems to be people in this place, but I just don't understand it. It's all generic, nothing special, nothing good, food.
    Instead of this, walk across the street (you can see it from the seating area of Mr. Douglas') to Caribbean Burgers, or the street vendor next to it, the food is much better.

Favorite Dish: Pizza, best thing on the menu (but still, go across the street to Caribbean Burgers)

• theodoreconrad's Profile Photo

Om Cafe: Don't be fooled

by theodoreconrad Written Aug 4, 2007

Despite it's good reviews in Travel books, this place is no good. Sure, it's a nice location, and sure it looks nice sitting there, but you're there to eat well, and this is no place to do that.
    To those that know what real Indian cuisine is, Om Cafe does not cut the Ghee. My friend and I ordered some of our favorite dishes.
    First off, the service is not good, and they are quite cold, especially the owner. While the bar will make you any cocktail you could dream of (so they say) they refuse to make any amendments to their dishes, no special requests at all. I ordered Palak Paneer, and wanted some chicken in it, and this was refused. I had to order an entire chicken dish just to get the chicken. They tell you when you order that the dinner come with naan, dal, and mint chutney, however, with three dinners we got two pieces of naan (which were like soggy tortillas), a tiny thing of watery mint chutney, and a small thing of watery dal. My chicken dish looked and tasted as if it better belonged in a Mexican restaurant, the Palak Paneer had absolutely no spice or flavor, the spinach looked as if just poured from a can, and my friend's Vindaloo was nearly unrecognizable by sight or flavor.
    This restaurant, because of it's high expectations and poor delivery, was the most disappointing dining experience I had in Panama.

Favorite Dish: The bottle of water was the best part of this meal.

• Beaches

• Vaqueros: only steak house in the islands

by islapro Written Feb 13, 2007

This place is a find.30 ft ceiling in the resturant made of palm leaves.Sits on a hill overlooking Dolphin Bay always a cooling breeze.We watched dolpin jumping as we ate lunch.Great bar ,with very cold beer,best service in these parts.The steaks are as good as anything Ive ever eaten.grilled to perfection.Try there 2 lb porter house Wow.Wife had fish tacos,filled with fresh mahi mahi.Imported beers,20 different rums.We left happy

Favorite Dish: 2 lb porter house,grilled just right.Fillet mingon,cut it with your fork,baked potatoe.fresh vegies,and fish from the bay.

• Luxury Travel

Instant Answers: Bocas del Toro

Comments

Bocas del Toro Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Bocas del Toro restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Bocas del Toro sightseeing.

View all Bocas del Toro hotels