Safety Tips in Aguadilla

Most Viewed Warnings and Dangers in Aguadilla

• Car Rental L&M Aguadilla PR

by needynot Written Jan 9, 2007

On Nov.23, 2006 I called in a car rental reservation to L&M in Aguadilla airport for Dec 25-Jan.2.2007. I requested a compact car and they confirmed the reservation.

I arrived to pickup my car on Dec. 25th at 10:00AM and Tania the attendant at the time asked for my insurance card-driver license and credit card to make a copy. After this was accomplished she proceeded to tell me that there will be no car available. Obviously I was upset and left the facilities. I returned about five minutes later and asked for the copies that she had made because there were no transactions effective.

Tania proceeded to go to the trash receptacle that is shared by the other agencies and go through numerous copies of other personal information until she finally found mine. To my surprise she thought it was fine to discard copies without shredding. I cannot believe that in this day in age when there is so much Identity theft that all my information-birth date, social security, picture, address, car make and visa card and signature was just thrown away with no regard to my privacy. I know there is a law whether the HIPPA policy or Privacy Acts that protect people from these kinds of situations.

Tania was very rude and stated that her boss never made it a rule to shred this type of information. PLEASE help me in my campaign to help innocent people like myself be victims of identity theft. This could have happen to anyone in my family that travel to Puerto Rico on a regular basis.

Aguadilla Hotels

• Courtyard Aguadilla

West Parade Belt, Ramey Base, Aguadilla, Puerto Rico, 00603, Caribbean

Satisfaction: Average

Good for: Families

• IHP Hotel El Faro

I will be honest, I have never stayed there, I lived in Aguadilla and I have friends so I never have...

• Cielo Mar

9 Reviews - 14 Photos
Higuey Hotels
See nearby hotels

Instant Answers: Aguadilla

Comments

Aguadilla Warnings and Dangers

Reviews and photos of Aguadilla warnings and dangers posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Aguadilla sightseeing.
Map of Aguadilla