Isla de Culebra Travel Guide

Isla de Culebra Transportation

• rowdy_rod2's Profile Photo

by rowdy_rod2 Written Apr 15, 2009

Isla de Culebra
    A tip to getting to Culebra…I was going during Holy week so I understood the crowds would be busy heading to the beaches, and since I was going from PR to Culebra the ferries would feel the impact of the masses. I heard about Air Flamenco and looked it up online. The flight was $65 round trip, with a fantastic view. Highly recommended! Why waste your time waiting in a line. The airport is located in Ceiba, get good directions to the airport before you leave.

Once on Culebra, scooters and jeeps might be hard to find, so walk out of the airport to the left and there should be a little yellow VW van sitting there at the three way intersection…he’s got bikes to rent. His name is Dick and he’s pretty cool hippy offering laundry service and whatever you may need. The bike is not a bad alternative if your up for it, but you can certainly take a shuttle too. Be careful on the trek up, some of the locals drive like you are not there...I had a vehicle mirror part my arm hairs once or twice.

no ferries for me bike trekking

Instant Answers: Isla de Culebra

Comments

Isla de Culebra Travel Guide
Map of Isla de Culebra