Places to eat in Culebra

Most Viewed Restaurants in Culebra

• chodearm's Profile Photo

Pandería: Jamon, queso y huevos

by chodearm Updated Aug 3, 2006

Now, in NY egg sandwiches are a staple piece of the morning food array. We have our favorite deli and repeditivly visit to get that morning boost. I used to go to Raes on 33rd street but the first battle was ordering on a line that is beyond my standards, the man who takes your order seems angry and than the worst part was paying. The cashier was a Korean woman, with the black pants hiked up over her small tummy, belt completely loaded with cell phones of diffent purposes. Her hair was cropped short and she loved her labels, rocking some gaudy Versace shirt with a gucci belt. The thing that irked me was the abuse should would shed onto the cash register. Every peck at the button seemed like she was trying to break that number button. She wouldn't look at you as you paid and she would be barking coffee orders "Largeeey wit milku".

Favorite Dish: Now this is how a morning is suppossed to be. Jamon, Queso, Huevos on a pressed roll. Cooked to perfection with a smiling grill.
    No attitude, people all so friendly and really local, everyone knew each other more than the cordial "Buenas Dias". Hands down...the best egg sandwich I have ever had.

My heart asks for more. foto yuki
    • Beaches

• chodearm's Profile Photo

Mamacitas: Local scene

by chodearm Updated Jul 31, 2006

The night always winds down back at Mamacitas. Perched canalside, locals pull up on boats, barefoot and already dancing. Just back from there journeys to Culebrita and other Islands adjacent.

• CulturalCompetence's Profile Photo

Restaurants on the water: Vegetarians Beware!

by CulturalCompetence Written Jul 16, 2004

I was a "partial-vegetarian" before we took this trip to Culebra (no red meat or pork - I would only eat fish and chicken). This all changed as I was enjoying the atmosphere and eating a chicken caesar salad at a waterside restaurant. The local fishers bring the seafood directly to many of the restaurants. We thought it was unique when a fisherman pulled his boat up to the restaurant and sold a few lobsters right on the side of the restaurant. The fisherman proceeded to pull out large fish and slaughter them right in front of us as we ate. GROSS! Because of this experience, I am now a lacto vegetarian (no meat, pork, chicken or fish!).

A local fisherman killed fish as we ate

7 Reviews - 16 Photos
Isla de Culebra Hotels
2 Reviews - 8 Photos

Instant Answers: Culebra

Comments

Culebra Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Culebra restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Culebra sightseeing.
Map of Culebra