Weather, Puerto Rico

Know about this? Rate It!

• The tiny frog called
    The tiny frog called "Cocqui"
    by joiwatani
  • The old houses of the indigenous people of P.I.
    The old houses of the indigenous people...
    by joiwatani
    The rivers are healthy and clean!
  • joiwatani's Profile Photo

The weather in Puerto Rico

by joiwatani Written Sep 17, 2011

A gift from the Puerto Rican friends

Favorite thing: Get used to the weather of Puerto Rico. It sometimes rain early in the morning and then the whole afternoon it becomes sunny.

Before our group left for Puerto Rico, we invited a Puerto Rican guy to give us information about the weather of Puerto Rico. He told us that growing up in Puerto Rico, they used to play with the rain since it rains almost everyday. But, he said that it only rains in the morning and then all of a sudden, it will stop. He also said that the raindrops are huge!

My first day in Puerto Rico, I found out that the raindrops are huge. These would fall like a bomb on our windshield driving from the airport to our destination. It rained for about two hours and then it stopped.

This was the weather for the whole week we were up in the jungles of Indiera Alta- a four-hour drive from the Old San Juan.

I got used to the weather on the third day and I just loved listening to the raindrops in the morning...

Fondest memory: I got used to listening to the music of the rain and accompanied by the sound of the frogs called "Cocqui"!

I love the flora and the fauna of Puerto Rico and I will definitely come back here- maybe to buy my own retirement home!

• pabertra's Profile Photo

Hurricanes and Tropical Storms

by pabertra Updated Nov 15, 2004

Evidence of the Hurricane

Favorite thing: A hurricane ripped through the eastern side of the island in 1989. The islanders credit the rainforest for acting as a buffer system; preventing much of the island from major damage. Also, this year a tropical storm system passed through doing significant damage to the island. Clean up crews are magnificent, but damage is likely to still be visible in certain parts.

Instant Answers: Puerto Rico