Safety Tips in Maricao

My daughter with other volunteers
  • Warnings and Dangers
  • Warnings and Dangers

Most Viewed Warnings and Dangers in Maricao

• joiwatani's Profile Photo

The road is long and windy. And, dangerous!

by joiwatani Written Sep 18, 2011

The road going to Maricao is not wide at all. It only allows one car/van at a time. And, it is super dangerous! One wrong move, you will fall on the ravine!

Make sure that when you travel here, hire a local driver. They already know the tricks in driving in such a dangerous road. Also, don't travel at night. It gets foggy and travelling at night is more dangerous...

The road going to Maricao zigzags to hills and mountains and sometimes passengers get dizzy. It is also best to take dramamine pills before you head to the jungles of Maricao.

• joiwatani's Profile Photo

Don't sit on stones while swimming in the river!

by joiwatani Written Sep 18, 2011

The nuns warned the children not to sit on the stones while swimming on the river. They didn't tell the kids why because they wanted the children to enjoy their dip in the river but I am sure there are crawling living things there that might get to their bodies!

• Eco-Tourism

• joiwatani's Profile Photo

Make sure to bring mosquito repellant

by joiwatani Written Sep 18, 2011

There are so many mosquitoes in Maricao, Puerto Rico. Since we were staying in the jungle, I made sure that I brought a lot of mosquito repellant and also two mosquito nets: one for my daughter and one for myself.

Everyday, I put mosquito repellant on my body because these mosquitoes are huge!

One of the kids we took in the jungle had a mosquito bite and this got infected on the third day. Make sure to bring an insect repellant because it's worth it.

I bought mine at REI. The mosquito nets are not that expensive either. They are also light to pack...

Maricao Hotels

• Hacienda Juanita

We got there about 10 pm in very inclement weather. The employee in charge had to leave but was to...

• Ask a Question

Got a question about Maricao? Get an answer from our Location locals and frequent travelers

Have you been to Maricao? Write about Maricao to help travelers.

Top Maricao Hotels

Maricao Hotels

Instant Answers: Maricao

Comments

Maricao Warnings and Dangers

Reviews and photos of Maricao warnings and dangers posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Maricao sightseeing.
Map of Maricao