Places to eat in Ponce

• Roast pork (lechon), rice, beans, tostones
    Roast pork (lechon), rice, beans,...
    by VdV
  • Restaurants
    by virtualpatrick
  • Restaurants
    by virtualpatrick

Most Viewed Restaurants in Ponce

• VdV's Profile Photo

El Sabor Cafe: Great bargain, delicious food = good value!

by VdV Updated Jun 10, 2005

When planning a day trip to Ponce, I checked VT for Restaurants tips. Not seeing many, I did notice the two tips on here were of Seasons Restaurant located on the 2nd Floor of the Fox Delicias Hotel.

In my mind, I thought, well maybe we will go there. After walking around the main downtown area, it is clear there are several major fast food chains and small restaurants. But, we did the Rachel Ray thing, and asked someone on the street where they would recommend going for lunch. We also asked a local storeowner. They both recommended the same place--the Fox Delicias Hotel, first floor. I thought, oh it's that place that the other VTers recommended. Well, this was just a little different. This was a little counter in the lobby area of the Fox Delicias Hotel. There is the sit-down area of El Sabor, but during lunch, there is a lunch counter serving combination lunches for $5. What a bargain! And the food was delicious! Highly recommend!

Favorite Dish: We ordered one plate with the crab meat, and another with the roast pork. Both came with rice and beans (your choice of black or red beans), tostones, and also a side of potato salad or green salad, plus a drink. All for $5. No tax. $5 flat.

Both dishes were very good, and way more than we could eat, so we felt as if we definitely got both our money's worth, as well as had a chance to eat authentic local food. There are tables lining the foyer/first area of the hotel, so you order your food, pay for it at the counter, and grab a table. It is a popular place for lunch with locals. It was also a welcome relief (aaah! air conditioning!) from the hot humidity outside.

Two thumbs up for El Sabor Cafe. The woman who helped us lived in Brooklyn, NY for a few years, so if you see her and are from NY, say hello and let her know--she misses NY very much!

Roast pork (lechon), rice, beans, tostones

• La Cava del Ponce Hilton: La Cava del Ponce Hilton

by keeper7 Written May 18, 2005

Elegant and fine restaurant, open daily for dinner, complemented by an excellent wine list. A la carte gourmet menu featuring international cuisine.
    Dress code is casual / elegant.

Favorite Dish: During my visit I had duck for dinner. Meal was very good and the service was good too. The atmosphere provides for an excellant time to dine with friends or family.

La Cava
    • Wine Tasting

• diver-x's Profile Photo

We ate at Canda's on the...

by diver-x Updated Aug 5, 2003

We ate at Canda's on the waterfront.

Canda's is a casual restaurant, nicely decorated with paintings and colorful masks. The waitstaff is very friendly and helpful with the menu. Adjacent to the dining room is a bar with TV and cafe seating. Canda's is also an inn with a few rooms available for overnight stays.

Favorite Dish: I had the cornish game hen stuffed with mashed plantain, all on top of pea stew. It was excellent!

Canda's on the water in Ponce

• La Cava at Ponce HiltonLa...

by Travelover Written Oct 4, 2002

La Cava at Ponce Hilton
    La Terraza at Ponce Hilton
    Marks at Meliá Hotel
    Don Juan at Cristina Street
    All of them have affortable prices.
    Nice athmosphere and fresh food everyday.

Favorite Dish: La Cava offer International Cuisine
    La Terraza offers Buffets everyday and everyday has differents cuisine. For example, thursday is lobster night.
    Marks at Meliá is International Gourmet
    Don Juan at Cristina is Puertorrican & International

• virtualpatrick's Profile Photo

King's Cream: What I had at King's Cream

by virtualpatrick Written May 11, 2004

Favorite Dish: King's Cream has about a dozen flavors depending on the day. Be sure to try several free samples before you decide.

For my cup, I chose 1/2 guanabana and 1/2 parcha (passion fruit).

• virtualpatrick's Profile Photo

King's Cream: I scream for Ice Cream

by virtualpatrick Written May 11, 2004

For some great tasting ice cream to to King's Cream. It's consistency is more like a gelato so the flavor really bursts when it hits your mouth.

Prices range from $1 - $3.

Ponce Hotels

46 Reviews - 139 Photos
Hacienda Molina Hotels
See nearby hotels

Instant Answers: Ponce

Comments

Ponce Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Ponce restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Ponce sightseeing.
Map of Ponce