Rincon Travel Guide

Luxurious, disgusting kitchen
    Couch, filthy and sagging

Rincon Things to Do

• by rohvegas Written Aug 23, 2005

My wife and I are certified divers and went to Rincon, PR for a family wedding. We have made dives all over the world in some of the most high profile dive locations. We had never thought about PR being a great place to dive, but while checking out Rincon and things to do there online before our trip we came across Taino Divers. We booked two, two tank boat dives with them and I have to say, Carson and his team have it going on. Desechio Island is a great dive spot with over 100 ft. vis and a lot of great sea life. Taino's boat, the Katmandu is in great shape and fast. The best thing about Taino is that they combine snorkelers, discovery diving for the new diver, and certified divers on one trip so friends and family can do something on their trips. Carson also provides great sandwiches, sodas, and water on each trip which is something you don't always see with a dive operation. All of the staff there are experienced, but laid back so you relax and smile a lot when you are with them. We will definitely be diving with Taino again. Say hi to Carson, Bundy, and the gang when you go there for me.

• Fishing

• by Jessica32 Written Aug 13, 2004

Since I'd never been diving before I did a Discover Scuba dive with Taino Divers in Rincon. I went to Desecheo but they also offer more advanced diving trips to Isla Mona, which is supposed to be terrific. I was really impressed with the crew, especially my diving instructor who really helped me stay calm, which was quite an acheivement considering you can't hear anything underwater. Although that didn't stop him from talking. LOL I highly recommend this company for anyone interested in an introduction to diving before investing in PADI certification.

• Rincon Hotels

HCO 2 BOX 5648, Rincon, Puerto Rico, Caribbean

Satisfaction: Very Good

Rincon Local Customs

• by lillian1 Updated Feb 4, 2009

most places out of san juan don't have stop sign or stop lights,so u are suppose to stop and let cars in, as a courtesy. if u don't horns will be sounding at u. also they are good at running stops signs if there are any. so watch. most places don't have street signs. so u will get lost. locals are very friendly tho. they will help u. puerto ricos are very nice people and friendly. if they don't speak english usually will find someone who does.

Rincon Warnings and Dangers

• by empac99 Written Jun 14, 2007

I have delt with Taino Divers on two trips to Rincon, and was surprised by the previous post. I have not only felt safe and well served by the owner and staff at TD, but have thoroughly enjoyed my interaction with everyone in that organization. I have taken my wife and teenage children with me, and their opinion is also very positive. Give Taino Divers a look, don't write them off based on a single negative encounter. If you feel that your service and/or safety is/are compromised, by all means move on. I'll be at Taino Divers.
    Steven Haws, Orem, UT

• by Gayle35 Written Mar 29, 2005

I came to Rincon to dive and upon visiting the local shop, Taino Divers, I found the staff member in the office to appear like he had not showered and he smell of alcohol. I immediately left the shop! It took me another day to find the other dive shop in town. This place gave me a MUCH BETTER feeling. They are a good group of people and offer safe, but exciting diving. Visit Oceans Unlimited when you go to Rincon! You won't be disappointed.

• Ask a Question

Got a question about Rincon? Get an answer from our Location locals and frequent travelers

Instant Answers: Rincon

Comments

Rincon Travel Guide
Map of Rincon