Condado Travel Guide

Walgreens
    Laura and Hannah sporting the DSL

Condado Things to Do

by XanderDone Written Jun 3, 2005

The one thing that mainland United States still hasn't picked up on: the internet café. Maybe they have them in lower manhattan or something now, but I haven't seen ANY in urban US cities. Maybe it's because Puerto Rico identifies itself more closely to Latin America than to it's owner.. I don't know. But I think it was around $3.50 for a half-hour or something? :-/ ick, if that sounds too expensive, than maybe it was the hourly fee. I remember $3.50, though.

Laura and Hannah sporting the DSL
    • Business Travel

by XanderDone Written Jun 3, 2005

My friends and I have come to a consensus, and we agreed by day 2 of our trip that the Wallgreens on Calle Ashford was the hub of Condado. It seemed that everything worth going to for nightlife was within three blocks of the Walgreens. Sure, it makes sense.. have a crazy night, stop by at Walgreens on the way home to get yourself some advil for the next morning and you're good! It's also convenient if you leave things at home and need replacements, or if you just want to get snacks for your hotel room.

Walgreens

Satisfaction: Terrible

Good for: Solo

Condado Restaurants

• by hulalove Updated May 31, 2007

This local restaurant in the Condado area, is located just south /around the corner from At Wind Chimes Inn where we stayed. It not only boasts free parking (a sacred commodity in San Juan) but it also offers a large variety of local favorites at good prices. That's not all, Bebo's is one of the cleanest restaurants around. While it lacks decor, your chances of contracting hepatitis are much lower than some of the other establishments. It is hard to find a clean restaurant in San Juan. Bebo's is also family friendly and offers enough of a variety to keep your picky children happy.

Favorite Dish: empanadillas con pollo (chicken filled turnovers)
    jamon y queso (a toasted and pressed ham and cheese sandwich)

by XanderDone Written Jun 27, 2005

This is a really cool looking place, but everything about it screams tourist trap. The fancy lighting and everything makes it seem like the food is going to be amazing, when in all actuality, food averaged 6.2 out of 10 for all of us.

HQ - "While sitting in plush leather chairs, I have found a little piece of American flavor within the borders of this beautiful island."

-and after dinner, there came another quote.-

HQ2 - "It makes me sad that there is no barbecue sauce or honey mustard."

It's really important to understand where you are eating. Don Tello's was a lot better and more fun, a unanimous decision. It was also a lot cheaper. This place needs more restroom space, and all the downs are irreplaceable by the cool atmosphere.

Favorite Dish: We had Cheeseburgers for $8.60 and Crab Bisque for $15.95. This place claims to be Argentinean, but everything on the menu looked rather... American. The Crab Bisque wasn't really soupy, is that an Argentinean way of making it? We don't know. Refills for sodas aren't free, so keep that in mind when you're ordering. One good thing about this place was the service, but that doesn't really replace the inflated prices and okay-tasting food.

Buenos Ayres Interior

by XanderDone Written Jun 27, 2005

Hip, trendy setting across from La Concha Hotel provided us with a very tasty meal and new friends with the one-member waiting staff/chef. It has a great atmosphere and a fantastic color scheme. The size of it is a little issue, too... about ten feet in width, it doesn't offer very many options for a larger party. Our only problem with this place was that the napkins were way too thin.

HQ - "While strolling Avenida Ashford, I wondered why there was no one in this quaint restaurant. However, they had trouble serving us, their only customers."

This may be due to the fact that our waiter was helping to cook our meals for us. It is SUCH a wonderful place, I highly reccomend it to anyone in Condado or the general vicinity. Hours are Mon-Sat. 11:30-10:00pm

Favorite Dish: We all got different things which were all the best food we've had in Greater San Juan. My mom had Brushetta for $5.00, Hannah had Prosciutto for $6.50, I had some Fettuccine Alfredo for $7.50, and Laura had Ravioli for $10.00. They make all their own pasta and everything. No frozen stuff.

Soprano's from the Street
    • Gay and Lesbian

Condado Transportation

by XanderDone Written Jun 3, 2005

It's $.25 a pop, and you don't have to worry about driving in Puerto Rican traffic, nor do you have to worry about finding parking in San Juan. I keep reitterating the parking statement because it's a fact: parking is a NIGHTMARE (unless told otherwise).

A bus

Instant Answers: Condado

Comments

Condado Travel Guide
Map of Condado