Know about this? Rate It!
Luquillo Beach + Food+ Kayaking + Snorkel
We heard that this is Luquillo Beach - one of the most loved beaches in Puerto Rico (other than the Conde Nast winner: Flamenco), and so I was glad when it was included in the tour we got.
Truly the beach is amazing – it was not cold at all. The waters were just lukewarm and the twins headed off right into the waters and I was running at them, worried that it might be deep but it was only about 3 feet for about a 25 feet stretch. So, they had fun swimming around and building castles in the sand (well, I was the one who enjoyed the sand castle building, hehehe).
We easily got an umbrella for the beach for just $10, and the lounge chairs were just $5 each for the duration of our stay there (until 5 PM).
They also have kayaks available for rent and I think it was just a few dollars per hour. Snorkeling and skin- diving through the living reefs were also available. Expect eels, octopuses, stingrays, tarpon, nurse sharks, squids…
I also bought shirts for 3 for $10 and other inexpenisve toys for the kids. But this beach is also famous for its many food stalls, but you may find some of the food too “fried and greasy” but still okay to have energy for the wonderful beach.
UPDATE! UPDATE! UPDATE!
Here is a video of the Jumping Family enjoying the beaches
and the rainforest of PUERTO RICO
to the tune of the Flintstones theme song, haha:
PUERTO RICO RAIN FOREST AND BEACHES
- Diving and Snorkeling
If you're staying in San Juan, Luquillo is quieter and feels more remote (although it's not actually that far away). The water was so calm, it was a bit dull. The grounds surrounding the beach area were in poor condition.
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
- Save up to 50% off Hotels Everyday
- Expedia.com Photos, Reviews and the Guaranteed Lowest Prices
San Juan Travel Guide
Explore the World
- Smithville Hotels
- Indian Grove Hotels
- Isola di Capraia
- George Town Hotels
- Kampong Semariang Hotels
- Panama City Beach Off The Beaten Path
- Houston Off The Beaten Path
- Selcuk Off The Beaten Path
- Agrigento Off The Beaten Path
- Cowley Road
- Visit France
- Beaches near Caracas (Litoral Central)
- Eugene Off The Beaten Path
- Tangier Off The Beaten Path
- Arras Off The Beaten Path
- Siena Off The Beaten Path
- Peru Off The Beaten Path