Parrot Club, San Juan

4 out of 5 stars 3 Reviews

363 Calle Fortaleza 787-725-7370

• Exterior of the widely popular restaurant
    Exterior of the widely popular...
    by Gypsystravels
  • starship's Profile Photo

Parrot Club: Nuevo Latino Cuisine

by starship Updated Dec 1, 2013

courtesy of internet site

Not having previously heard of the Parrot Club, we first noticed the attractive facade of this little gem while walking on Calle Fortaleza. It stood out from most others and since then I've seen its recognized for its innovative, neuvo latino cuisine. The narrow building front with large windows fortells of its shotgun-style interior which is brightly decorated in blues, yellow and peach hues. It's great little secret is not only the food, but the tiki-torch lit rear courtyard.

Favorite Dish: On the menu you will find enticing seafood entrees such as seared tuna in rum & citrus sauce, and fried crabcakes with passion fruit vinaigrette. Or perhaps you would sample their "Parrot Passion Cocktail" made with frozen citrus mix of rum, triple sec, passion fruit and orange!

• Gypsystravels's Profile Photo

Parrot Club: Excellent food

by Gypsystravels Updated Mar 5, 2008

Exterior of the widely popular restaurant

On Calle Fortaleza you can find some of the San Juan's best restaurants. Parrot Club is just one of the many widely popular restaurants here serving up what is known as eclectic Caribbean menu. The restaurant is nicely decorated and the service is excellent.

I brought my mom and my aunt for nice lunch during one of our visits to Old San Juan. At a table directly across from us we saw the Major of San Juan and his wife and daughter enjoying their lunch. He came over and introduced himself and did a bit of chatting. Really nice person.

Favorite Dish: I ordered the classic pork sandwich, sliced, spiced and seared lomo de cerdo (pork loin) with smoky grilled onions, my aunt ordered the chicken breast sandwich a la Espanola con queso manchego, and mom ordered the pinchos de pollo a la plancha con arroz guisado, habichuelas negras, y avocado salsa.

I had a mojito and my mom and aunt both had the Parrot Passion minus the liquor.

The food was excellent...one note though, I was getting bitten by mosquitos and was so annoyed that I wanted to be done with my meal...

• tomhoward's Profile Photo

Parrot Club: Parrot Club

by tomhoward Written May 2, 2006

Pork sarnie

Parrot club is one of three neighbouring restaurants at the end of Calle Forteleza. Surprisingly, they’re all owned by the same company, but instead of competing they complement each other quite well.

By day Parrot Club has a family atmosphere, helped by the colourful interior design that looks like a Caribbean crèche. Bright bold red & yellow animal murals, with toy parrots hanging from the ceiling.

Favorite Dish: Lunch food is simple family favourites based around sandwiches and burgers. Pork sandwich was one of the best I’ve tasted. At night the menu and atmosphere becomes a little more sophisticated and a live band plays in the corner. Didn’t seem as popular as Dragonfly (for obvious reasons), but still book to be sure of a table.

Instant Answers: San Juan

Comments

Hotels Near Parrot Club
4.0 out of 5 stars