Isla de Vieques Restaurants

Produce Stand
    The infamous Lobster dish at Topacio

Best Rated Restaurants in Isla de Vieques

• PA2AKgirl's Profile Photo

Tradewinds: great but always packed

by PA2AKgirl Written Mar 26, 2004

view from tradewinds

This place is excellent and only because of Stephanie did we get in without reservations. Around 7pm, they have every table reserved. There's lots of specials each night and then things that remain on the menu. Of course, the view is spectacular:)

Favorite Dish: We got the curry coconut shrimp and calamari for an appetizer. They also had baked ziti with italian sausage and duck that looked great--I would have liked to gone back, but there are lots of good places to eat and this one is a little expensive compared to the other places in Esperanza. Oh! the conch fritters are supposed to be REALLY good, too.

La Posada Vistamar: Italian in the caribbean

by PA2AKgirl Written Mar 27, 2004

Unlike the other restaurants in Esperanza, this one isn't located on the Malecon. It's tucked away at the end of a side street. Even though no one refers to anything by street names, we did learn that it's really located on Almendro. It's a tiny house turned into restaurant and the food is excellent. It's another place, because of the size and quality of food that you need to have a reservation to get in. I don't recommend sitting inside though. It's not open air like all of the other restaurants and since it's not directly on the water, there isn't as much of a breeze. There are about 4 places to sit outside, which is what we did.

Favorite Dish: We got salmon with a pesto cream served over pasta. All of the meals come with a salad and bread. Also, there are great appetizers to choose from. The portions are HUGE, plan on taking more than half of your meal home.

Mamasonga: Breakfast in Isabel Segunda

by PA2AKgirl Updated Mar 28, 2004

All the essentials

Breakfast all day! And this place is great. Steph had to do her laundry, we passed the guy who owns Mamasonga on the street and told him we were coming in. He said he would get our coffee ready for us and sure enough, when we walked in, he had a table with our coffee...he pulled out the chairs for us and was extremely attentive. I think you get better service in PR generally if you're a girl, but that could just be because I am one and never had a problem getting anything promptly.

Favorite Dish: They have terrific breakfasts. I had the tropical fruit salad and Steph and I split the German Apple pancake. Portions are huge! The fruit salad would have been enough for sure.

Topacio: Delicious Caribbean Lobster

Topacio

Topacio was my favorite restaurant on Vieques Island. In fact, we ate there 3 times !! The chef made an incredible lobster dish, sauteed with onions and peppers(and I'm certain a lot of butter !!) It was served with rice and fried plantains. Delicious !! The young waitresses were sweet and helpful. Coconut flan was a tasty dessert !! Service can be on island time, so kick back and enjoy the Sangria while you wait.

Favorite Dish: The Caribbean Lobster stew !!

Roy's Coffee Lounge: Delicious Coffee and Snacks

Roy's Coffee Lounge & Guesthouse

Roy's had tasty coffee drinks, lattes, etc. as well as delicious croissant breakfast sandwiches with eggs and cheese. The pink building is very striking and there is a lovely garden patio in the back and a few hotel rooms upstairs. WIFI available. Cocktails, coffee, light fare.

Favorite Dish: The Croissant Breakfast Sandwiches and Lattes

Bili (at The Amapola Inn): Creative Cuisine

by Bohemedream Updated Jan 31, 2008

Bili is located in Esperanza on the main drag, right across from oceanfront. The chef has won numerous awards and the food was very fresh and creative. The decor was Euro-modern and the sandwich wraps were a great hit with all of us. You can mix and match several wraps on one order. I tried the fish wrap, which had a tasty chutney in it and the egg salad wrap, which was also excellent. They come with a side salad and I think they were around $5 each. Lunch is served Friday - Monday and Dinner is served Daily.

Favorite Dish: The wrap sandwiches - fish was my favorite !

• Bananas: Holy hamburgers, Batman!!

by dartanyun Written Aug 13, 2006

We had just come back from a beautiful day at the beach and wanted something quick and cheap to eat, especially since we blew 100 bucks the night before on dinner. Alright, alright- maybe the 10 or so rum punches we had between us jacked up the bill a bit, ya think? Anyway, we were stayin' a few doors up from Bananas so it seemed a good choice.We got some buffalo wings to share. My girfriend got a hamburger, I got a jerk chicken sandwich. The wings were pretty good, the chicken sandwich was ok, but that hamburger-let me tell ya- was a work of art!@!! Now I know what you're sayin' "It's only a friggin' hamburger!" I agree, that's why it's not sittin' in front of me. But once they put it down in front of my girlfriend I was in awe. It was huge, with the most perfectly shaped bun. I was like,"Wow looks good, I'll give ya half my sandwich for half of yours!" She agreed. Yes it looks good, but the proof is in the pudding, so I took my first bite-- This is truely Hamburger Heaven. Perfectly done, with a slight charr,so juicey--the roll slighty sweet and airy. Everything came together in the most scrumpous way. I'm thinkin' it must have been the meat. There's something about the meat in P.R. Or, maybe it was the ocean geantly lapping at the shore, just across the street that added to the flavor, or the sun sinking into the sea as tropical breezes blew through our hair. Whatever, It was the best hamburger I ever had. We went back the next night.

Favorite Dish: I think ya know-----but if the view was on the menu

• liqdstar's Profile Photo

Bayaonda: Best dinner of our trip

by liqdstar Written Aug 15, 2004

i scarfed down the food minutes after this pic!

This restaurant was SO amazing...I'm getting hungry just thinking about it! It's carribean fusion food and I think they change the daily specials.

The restaurant is a bit pricey, but not more than the other dinner restaurants on the island, and the prices are well worth it!

The sitting area is so pretty and peaceful, its outdoors under a large wooden canopy. The staff is incredibly friendly! We had a great conversation with our waitress (who was from Cali and moved to VIeques after a visit!). They were so friendly, they gave us an after-dinner drink on the house!

I had a chicken dish cooked with some yummy spices and served with a great mango salsa, with a side of garlic potatoes...and the most amazing dessert! it was a chocolate mouse with creme faiche (?) on top..omg it was SO good.
    I have absolutely no complaints about the place, even the house wine was great!

The menu had a little of everything, chicken, seafood, steak, etc.

Because we went off-season, they were only open for dinner on Mondays. If you are visiting the island, definetly have dinner here and check when it's open!

Favorite Dish: Definetly the dessert!

tradewinds: Tradewinds-only okay

by liqdstar Updated Aug 23, 2004

My sticky sweet entree

Everyone recommended this place, so I might be going out on a limb by saying I really didn't care for it. Although the ambience was nice, I didnt like anything we ordered. We had the conch fritters for an appetizer, and they were incredibly bland. Then as an entree I had chicken, which was sticky sweet! It tasted like a confused dessert-entree. Even the dessert failed to do it for me.
    But then, maybe I have a different taste for food. Being Asian, I tend to like foods that are very flavorful; and being from NY, i expect food to be either 1. cheap and yummy from a local place or 2. if its $$, then it ought to be really well presented and a funky recipe and yummy, like Bayoanda :-)
    Tradewinds just didnt seem worth it to me, the food was $$$ yet bland and boring.

But I have to admit, many people love the place, so I guess decide for yourself.

Favorite Dish: nothing!

• Bakery - Deli: Braekfast and Lunch

by SteveandVikki Updated Sep 14, 2007
    Isabela Segunda Map

The sandwiches were very good. It was a nice morning walk from Amistad (half mile). Seats were always full, so we walked back to the guest house and ate. If you have a fridge, buy another sandwich for later.

Favorite Dish: Jamon,, huevo y queso en pan agua.

• Study Abroad

Coconuts

by liqdstar Written Sep 5, 2004

This is a pretty good lunch spot. Serves regular american foods, like hot dogs and burgers, and some more local fare. staff is incredibly nice! while we were there, a begger came in, and the waiter went to the back and brought out some coffee and a sandwich for him.

the picture below is of the outdoor seating area, with two of Vieque's many roosters walking about!

Favorite Dish: i had a hot dog, which was pretty good, and a pina coloda

Local Produce stand on the main road to Esperanza.: Fresh Coconut Milk

Coco Frio

Stop at the produce stand for a fresh "Coco Frio" - a tasty fresh coconut with the top hacked off, ready to drink !!

Favorite Dish: Coco Frio and plantain chips

Bayaonda Part 2

by liqdstar Written Aug 15, 2004

I just had to add a picture of the dessert...it was so amazing
    ( and yes, I love to take pics of food! Can't help it, i love to eat!!)

Instant Answers: Isla de Vieques

Comments

Isla de Vieques Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Isla de Vieques restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Isla de Vieques sightseeing.

View all Isla de Vieques hotels