Safety Tips in Vieques

Most Viewed Warnings and Dangers in Vieques

• jag17's Profile Photo

Hungry Mosquitoes

by jag17 Written May 20, 2005

This is just a small sample of the amount of mosquito bites my friend and I ended up with. After just one short day we were both covered. It certainly did not ruin our visit, but plan ahead. Stay away from the scented lotion, perfume, and hairspray....load up on the bug repellent!

Itch Scratch Itch Scratch

• Wear lots of sunblock!!!!

by TXlaw1 Written Jul 8, 2004

Don't kid yourself about your need for sun block, I tan easily and I still got burned wearing SPF 30. One day I forgot sunblock on only one leg and it wasn't pretty. Wear double what you normally think you need in the states, mexico or hawaii. The sun is fierce in vieques and you don't even feel it.

• Watch out for crawlies!

by TXlaw1 Written Jul 8, 2004

Day 5- Lee found a huge centipede over the kitchen sink in our villa, he came to the pool and asked me if I’d noticed a centipede magnet or decoration in the kitchen first though. Ewwwww! He put a glass over it and slid a piece of paper under it and dumped it over the wall by the pool, hoping it doesn’t come back! Bill (our care taker) says they will bite you and it is very painful, plus they are fast so it’s best to use tongs to pick them up... or run like hell.

not so friendly locals?

• jag17's Profile Photo

Horse Crossing

by jag17 Written May 21, 2005

Groups of wild horses are all over the island. Use caution when driving! When they see lunch on the other side of the road...that's where they head.

Vieques Hotels

• Bravo Beach Hotel

North Shore Rd, PO Box 1374, , 00765, Caribbean

Satisfaction: Excellent

Good for: Business

• The Crow's Nest

Just wanted to add a picture of our room. we had one of the standard suites..this is the living...

• Vieques Ocean View Hotel

69 Reviews - 91 Photos
Isabel Segunda Hotels
1 Hotel

Instant Answers: Vieques

Comments

Vieques Warnings and Dangers

Reviews and photos of Vieques warnings and dangers posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Vieques sightseeing.
Map of Vieques