Wear lots of sunblock!!!!
Don't kid yourself about your need for sun block, I tan easily and I still got burned wearing SPF 30. One day I forgot sunblock on only one leg and it wasn't pretty. Wear double what you normally think you need in the states, mexico or hawaii. The sun is fierce in vieques and you don't even feel it.
This is just a small sample of the amount of mosquito bites my friend and I ended up with. After just one short day we were both covered. It certainly did not ruin our visit, but plan ahead. Stay away from the scented lotion, perfume, and hairspray....load up on the bug repellent!
Watch out for crawlies!
Day 5- Lee found a huge centipede over the kitchen sink in our villa, he came to the pool and asked me if I’d noticed a centipede magnet or decoration in the kitchen first though. Ewwwww! He put a glass over it and slid a piece of paper under it and dumped it over the wall by the pool, hoping it doesn’t come back! Bill (our care taker) says they will bite you and it is very painful, plus they are fast so it’s best to use tongs to pick them up... or run like hell.
Groups of wild horses are all over the island. Use caution when driving! When they see lunch on the other side of the road...that's where they head.
North Shore Rd, PO Box 1374, , 00765, Caribbean
Good for: Business
Just wanted to add a picture of our room. we had one of the standard suites..this is the living...more
PO Box 124, Isabel Segunda, Puerto Rico, 00765, Caribbean
Good for: Solo
Explore the World
- La Rochelle-Normande Hotels
- Pernstejn Hotels
- Tuolumne Hotels
- Elgin Hotels
- Rocky Mountain National Park Warnings and Dangers
- Santa Barbara Warnings and Dangers
- Estado do Maranhão Warnings and Dangers
- Estado de Nayarit Warnings and Dangers
- Banff Warnings and Dangers
- Haworth Warnings and Dangers
- Lazio Warnings and Dangers
- Assisi Warnings and Dangers
- Historic Centre: not always a safe place!
- York Warnings and Dangers
- Milos Island Warnings and Dangers