by ERLIKHAN
    by liqdstar
    by liqdstar

• Horse Crossing

Groups of wild horses are all over the island. Use caution when driving! When they see lunch on the other side of the road...that's where they head.

• Hungry Mosquitoes

This is just a small sample of the amount of mosquito bites my friend and I ended up with. After just one short day we were both covered. It certainly did not ruin our visit, but plan ahead. Stay away from the scented lotion, perfume, and hairspray....load up on the bug repellent!

• Wear lots of sunblock!!!!

Don't kid yourself about your need for sun block, I tan easily and I still got burned wearing SPF 30. One day I forgot sunblock on only one leg and it wasn't pretty. Wear double what you normally think you need in the states, mexico or hawaii. The sun is fierce in vieques and you don't even feel it.

• Watch out for crawlies!

Day 5- Lee found a huge centipede over the kitchen sink in our villa, he came to the pool and asked me if I’d noticed a centipede magnet or decoration in the kitchen first though. Ewwwww! He put a glass over it and slid a piece of paper under it and dumped it over the wall by the pool, hoping it doesn’t come back! Bill (our care taker) says they...

• Ask a Question

Got a question about Vieques? Get an answer from our Location locals and frequent travelers

Have you been to Vieques? Write about Vieques to help travelers.

Vieques Hotels

Top Vieques Hotels

Isla de Vieques Hotels
69 Reviews - 91 Photos
Isabel Segunda Hotels
1 Hotel

Instant Answers: Vieques

Comments

Vieques Warnings and Dangers

Reviews and photos of Vieques warnings and dangers posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Vieques sightseeing.
Map of Vieques