Places to eat in Caribbean and Central America

Most Viewed Restaurants in Caribbean and Central America

• gwened's Profile Photo

Pusser's Landing: the best ambiance in Tortola BVI

by gwened Written Dec 31, 2013

This is several years back on my sailing time in the Caribbean, I came here often and enjoy the pusser's rum of the British navy historical rums.

Standing on the waterfront across from the ferry dock, the original Pusser's serves Caribbean fare, English pub grub, and good pizzas. The complete lunch and dinner menu includes savory English pies and deli-style sandwiches. John Courage ale is on draft, but the drink to order here is the famous Pusser's Rum, the same blend of five West Indian rums that the Royal Navy has served to its men for more than 300 years.

open daily 10h to 23h.

Favorite Dish: we came for the rum, pizzas and sometimes sandwiches, but the main thing is to come in the evening enjoy the sundown over the harbor and zipped the pusser's heavens.

Pusser's landing from dock
    • Sailing and Boating
    • Beer Tasting

Waterfall Cafe: SUMMIT TIP - Breakfast 'n Lunch 'n Snacks

by garridogal Written Dec 4, 2011

The Waterfall is where you get your breakfast, lunch (if you're on the boat), and snacks, up to a certain time. I mainly had breakfast only here. It has a great back deck which is a lovely spot to sit if you can find a table there!

Favorite Dish: They had a great selection of stations for all kinds of breakfasts. The most popular ones had several locations. Selections included American breakfast, English specialties, sandwiches, Asian delights, and pasta stations. The wait at either station was never long and the trick is to not stop at the ones right by the entrance. Move on, you'll find more food with less folks waiting elsewhere!

Waterfall Porthole on the floor The back deck at dusk was heaven!

The Normandy: SUMMIT TIP - Fine Dining

by garridogal Written Dec 4, 2011

On our last night aboard The Summit we ate at their fine dining restaurant, The Normandy. It was designed to look like the dining room of a classic trans-Atlantic ship. The service was impeccable. In general I was impressed with the service level on this ship but the one in the Normandy surpassed of that. We felt very pampered...

Favorite Dish: I had escargot tortellini, a lovely salad, the festive fish dish pictured here, and I honestly can't remember what I had for dessert. Additionally, they brought out a dessert sampler dish. We rolled out of that dining room in a bona fide food coma.

Fish in a Nest
    • Luxury Travel

Cosmopolitan: SUMMIT TIP - Nightly Dinner

by garridogal Written Dec 4, 2011

The Summit's main dining room is the Cosmopolitan. It's got two levels and grand staircase which our tables were near and I'm so very happy I never had to walk down them! Our waiter for the week, Menino, was very friendly and attentive and remembered our likes, etc. We also had our own cocktail waitress and sommelier. Dinners consist of 3 courses plus dessert. A new nightly menu was presented nightly with a standing one as well. You can mix and match and order as many of anything that you like. It's indulgence at its greatest.

Favorite Dish: Most of the dishes were good. Some were very good and a couple were kind of bad. All in all there was so much food on the boat that you could never ever say that you went hungry. If you don't like one entree, appetizer, etc. you can just send it back and get another one. Mangia.

I swear they were having fun! Windows covered for formal night Ocean trances
    • Wine Tasting

• Restaurante El Atico: Not as good as I thought

by carmenluna Written Sep 15, 2008

The food is not bad but the treatment I received was not acceptable. I visited this restaurant because my daughter and her boyfriend invited me there. After waiting 15 minutes my plate came, 15 minutes later my daughter's. Ten minutes later the waitress came to tell my daughter's boyfriend that they had made a mistake and therefore it would take a few more minutes to prepare his dish. Finally his food was brought and the fish was not well cooked. So he told the waitress about it and refused to order another dish. I told the waitress I wanted to talk to the manager and she suggested the owner. We waited 10 minutes and she never came, so we decided to ask for the bill and leave. I think the way the owner treated us was very unkind and very unpolite. Therefore I do not recommend this restaurant to anyone.

• VeronicaG's Profile Photo

Haagen Dazs Ice Cream Shop: On a Hot Day...You'll Want To Stop Here!

by VeronicaG Updated Jul 2, 2007

On a hot, humid day in the Caribbean, what could taste better than ice cream!

At one point while shopping in Grand Cayman we felt as though we might melt...but just in the nick of time we rounded a corner and spied the Haagen Dazs ice cream shop!

I can't say the servers were pleasant or even friendly, but they did serve up a wonderfully creamy cone on a sweltering day

Seating outside the shop gave us a chance to sit for a few moments before venturing into the stores again. Although at mid-day, they were out of some of the more popular flavors it surely was a welcome treat!

Haagen Dazs--just in time!

Jimmy Buffet's Margaritaville: Well known in the Caribbean

by VeronicaG Updated Jul 2, 2007

This popular restaurant seemed to have several locations in the Caribbean--Jimmy Buffet's Margaritaville. We saw this chain in Montego Bay, Jamaica, George Town, Grand Cayman and Cozumel, Mexico.

This picture is of the Grand Cayman Magaritaville, which is fairly new and overlooks Georgetown Harbor. There is a swim-up bar, waterslide and pool, as well as, nightclub and restaurant.

Lovely shades of pastel color the building that houses this bar/restaurant. We didn't have the time to stop by, but plenty of people do.

Margaritaville

Carlos and Charley's: Another popular Caribbean restaurant

by VeronicaG Updated Jul 2, 2007

As we walked the colorful streets of Cozumel to our tour bus, we passed Carlos and Charley's, a well-known restaurant chain.

We didn't have time to stop for a meal, but I hear it's a hoppin' place in the evenings for singles or couples. Inside, visitors will find a basketball court, ping pong and pool tables.

It was early afternoon and patrons were just dropping by for lunch. The cheery decor, upbeat atmosphere and open dining area made it an appealing place to sit and people watch.

Carlos and Charley's in Cozumel
    • Seniors

• deecat's Profile Photo

Lunch and Special Treats At Sea: More Than One Place to Eat on Horizon

by deecat Updated May 1, 2005

Celebrity Cruises such as the Horizon offers casual dining service each day.

Each day a casual Breakfast Buffet is offered. It includes choice of juices, toast, muffins, bagels, rolls, all kinds of eggs, bacon, sausage, ham, cereals (both hot and cold), custom-made omelets, coffee, tea, milk, and yogurt.

I personally liked being able to eat in my room, so the night before, I would fill out a form, marking everything I wished to have for breakfast. The butler would deliver it to my room, where I would sit at the small table in front of the window and eat breakfast as I enjoyed the ocean view.

There was also a casual lunch buffet each day or you could eat a sit-down lunch. We were usually on shore with an activity so only once did we have the lunch buffet, and once we had the sit-down lunch. Sandwiches, soup, salads of all kinds, desserts, coffee, tea, leamonade, cola, or milk. Many, many choices.

Each night, if you did not wish to eat in the formal Starlight Dining Room, you could have a casual sit-down dinner in the Coral Seas Cafe. There is something for everyone.

The casual breafast and lunch buffets were served in the Coral Seas Cafe.

Favorite Dish: Each afternoon about 4:00 pm, they had homemade pizza (thin), which was delicious. In addition, ice cream was offered in the afternoon.

Afternoon snacks came in handy for us since we had the late dinner seating (8:00 pm)

Midnight either brought a midnight buffet or small tidbits on silver trays brought to you in all public areas. It was delightful.

Part of the Buffet on the Horizon

• deecat's Profile Photo

Starlight Restaurant: Best Cuisine Afloat

by deecat Updated May 1, 2005

The Celebrity Cruise Line, and the Horizon in particular, has some of the best cuisine afloat, and dinner is a leisurely and gracious event in the Starlight Restaurant.

This restaurant is divided into three sections, each resembling a small restaurant. It is a softly lit, romantic dining experience. Dinner is serenaded by a pianist or an ensemble. Unlike other cruise lines, the Horizon has many tables for two, plus seating for four, six, eight, and ten.

Michel Roux, who is the culinary consultant, is involved with all aspects of dining throughout the ship.

There are two times for dinner. We chose the late one (8 pm) so we would not have to rush our day's activities.

We sat at a table for eight. There were three couples and my sister and I. They were all very interesting, polite, and friendly people. We always had a delightful time together and had much to discuss.

The meals were excellent. We hadfresh fruit, delicious soups (different each night), super salads ( of your choice), a main course such as a Chicken dish, Beef Filet, Turkey, Quail, Lobster, Scrimp, Crab, Frog Legs, pasta, and several other choices.

The desserts were outstanding such as Coconut Pie, Mint Ice Cream (made on the ship!), Chocolate cake, and choice Sundaes. The coffee was always delicious and hot.

One night we had a fantastic buffet with hundreds of choices. It was an artistic extravaganza.

Favorite Dish: The Beef Filet and the Lobster were my favorites. My favorite dessert was the homemade Mint Ice Cream. All the food was delicious and beautifully presented.

The photo is of our waiter who was from Spain and quite friendly and talented. Each night, he would present a handmade flower to one of the women at our table. They were so lifelike. We grew very fond of him and his friendly personality.

Our Nightly Waiter

• stopatnothin's Profile Photo

dining options: meals for all appetites

by stopatnothin Written Apr 28, 2005

Ships today offer an extensive selection of meals. Some are included in your cruise vacation package and others known as specialty restaurants carry a per person surcharge.

- pizza
    - hamburgers
    - steaks, pastas
    - fresh seafood
    - desserts, desserts and more desserts

Favorite Dish: My favorite part of dining on ships is that I have so many different options to choose from.

main restaurant on QM2
    • Wine Tasting

Fantasy Dining Room: SENSATION TIP - Just don't mind the rude waiter

by garridogal Updated May 19, 2004

I guess when you're feeding massive amounts of passengers on a budget, you get what you get! The food here was pretty good considering this. Had a yummy lobster tail one night and a really good chicken dish on another. However, our waiter, who served us for the entirity of the trip was so rude! He'd try to rush us out, snap back answers at us, misunderstand our questions and get flustered that he didn't understand us and all but throw things at us.

Favorite Dish: Some chicken dish with stuffing. Very flavorful.

Almost as good as the food!

• garridogal's Profile Photo

The Seafood Bar and Grill: SENSATION TIP - We called it "The Caf"

by garridogal Written May 18, 2004

This is where food is served buffet style, pretty much, all day and the home of the famous Midnight Buffets. We never went but we'd watch folks line up for it. We'd have our breakfast there every day and it's where we'd stop by on our way back from the pool for soft drinks, snack and the ever popular "I've been drinking all night and I need some greasy pizza"!

I dubbed it "The Caf" as it so reminded me of a college cafeteria. And yes, it has a bar too!

Favorite Dish: The breakfast food I'd pile on my plate when hungover. It's nothing special; just unlimited and so not like what I eat when home and on one of my Perpetual Diets!

Pizza Time!

• Basmom's Profile Photo

We stayed at the Hedonism 2...

by Basmom Updated Sep 24, 2002

We stayed at the Hedonism 2 resort and the food that they served was superb!! But, we did venture out to Rick's Cafe and it was fabulous! You have to try the Jerk Chicken and Pork...to die for!
    Of course, the atmosphere at the resort was 'anything goes' most of the time and that was great! Rick's is a full out party and the cliffs are great fun!

Favorite Dish: We loved the Jerk Chicken and Pork! The Bananas and Nuts was terrific too...it was sliced bananas cooked in rum then nuts were sprinkled all over the top...it was great! I loved the Fried Donuts for breakfast and the fresh pineapple was great too!

• Debala's Profile Photo

Went to The Inn at Roberts...

by Debala Written Sep 7, 2002

Went to The Inn at Roberts Grove for a special dinner. Very lovely. They even came and picked us up and took us back to town, since they are located outside of town.

All other places had great, althogh the names escape me now. inexpensive seafood. Lobster was very big, even though they are actually quite small and resember crawfish.

Favorite Dish: The coconut rice!! Yum Yum. And the drinks called 'panty rippers', which are cocunut rum w/pineapple juice. Never had a bad meal.

Caribbean and Central America Hotels

11 Reviews - 12 Photos
Providenciales Island Hotels
161 Reviews - 656 Photos

Instant Answers: Caribbean and Central America

Comments

Caribbean and Central America Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Caribbean and Central America restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Caribbean and Central America sightseeing.
Map of Caribbean and Central America