Places to eat in Saint Kitts and Nevis

Most Viewed Restaurants in Saint Kitts and Nevis

• cjg1's Profile Photo

Normandie:Speciality Dining on the Summit: An Incredible Anniversary Dinner

by cjg1 Updated Jun 5, 2015

My wife and I were celebrating four years of marriage while aboard the Celebrity Summit. We decided to make it a bit more special by dining at one of their specialty restaurants, Normandie. Normandie is one of the two specialty restaurants aboard the Celebrity Summit the other being Qsine (which we dined at earlier in the week).

The cuisine at this restaurant is French Continental and is a more upscale dining venue than Qsine. The décor is classic with dark wood walls, rich colors and contains some of the original paneling and ornamentation from the SS Normandie (transatlantic liner from the early 20th century which was the fastest ship in the world at that time). The restaurant has a nice romantic vibe to it; candlelit tables, nice soft music and hushed tones. This was the perfect setting for a romantic Anniversary dinner.

As soon as my wife and I entered the restaurant we were warmly greeted and seated at a nice table for two by one of their large round windows. Our waiter came over and introduced himself and handed us menus and the wine list. The menu consisted of two parts; an a la carte section and a tasting menu called The Five Senses. After perusing all the options we decided that the a la carte options were the best for us.

I chose the following from the menu: Phyllo Baked Anjou Pear with Roquefort Cheese, Goat Cheese Soufflé, Hazelnut Coated Lamb Rack and the Strawberry Crepes for dessert. My wife chose the following for her meal: Porcini & Morel Risotto, Diver Scallop Wellington Style, Murano Lobster and the Grand Marnier Soufflé for dessert.

We loved that the service here is seamless. Water appears out of nowhere into half empty glasses. Bread refills itself on the plates. Absolutely attentive yet unobtrusive service. Several of our dishes were prepared tableside with an artful production. My wife’s Lobster and my crepes were a visual splendor as they were prepared in front of our table. Food presentation here is also top notch. Every dish is arranged artfully on the plate; absolute perfection.

The food here was very good indeed. There wasn’t a single item I didn’t enjoy. My wife loved all of her dishes except for the Scallops Wellington which was just weird. After we enjoyed our delicious desserts we took part in a cheese plate where a table of cheese and crackers were brought tableside for our personal selection. We left here very full and very happy with our choice to dine here. I will definitely come here again for another delicious meal

Favorite Dish: My favorite dishes would have to be the Phyllo Baked Anjou Pear with Roquefort Cheese and the Lamb. My wife talked me into the Baked pear and Roquefort cheese and I was so glad she did. It was so amazing; the flavors were so good. My lamb was cooked perfectly and very tender; just how lamb shoul be properly cooked.

Grand Marnier Souffle Strawberry Crepes Lobster in a Cognac Cream Sauce Beautiful Lamb Scallops Wellington

Nisbet Plantation Beach Club: Best food

by kyoub Updated Apr 4, 2011

The Nisbet Plantation has a beachside restaurant, over looking the ocean, that serves breakfast and lunch, Pool is nearby.
    A formal dinner is served in the great house. It is a set menu but always delicious.

Favorite Dish: Four course meals were served at night in the Great House. There was a different menu every night with your choice of two entrees.
    It was always consistently good.
    Breakfast was a buffet with choices in american type food. Always a lot of tropical fruit. Very good.

Nesbit greathouse

Cha-Cha - Del: Local family

by kyoub Written Jul 18, 2004

We also enjoyed eating ata little locally owned restaurant that served great seafood.
    It was called Cha-Cha-Del. Open for dinner only.

Favorite Dish: fresh fish with side order of rice and peas, taro root fritters, and eggplant casserole.

Golden Rock Plantation: Dining with the birds

by kyoub Updated Jul 17, 2004

This was one of our favorite places to have lunch. We would eat out on the patio and be entertained buy all the birds that wanted to join us.
    It was not as casual at dinner time but the food was excellent.

Plantation

• Pieter11's Profile Photo

Pizza Place: Pizza Place

by Pieter11 Written May 11, 2009

For a long time there was only one pizza place on Saint Kitts and Nevis. A few years ago the Pizza Hut opened here, but the first pizza place still has the great name "Pizza Place". And I must say: the Pizza Hut is good, but the Pizza Place is better!

The pizza's here are sold per piece, per half pizza or per full pizza and in about 6 tastes. Mostly local people come here, ordering only one of two slices. When you are very hungry and with a few persons, you might be able to finish a full pizza. For a big one you pay about 10 US Dollars.

You'll find 'Pizza Place' at 10 metres from Victoria Street, in a small building at the left side of the road.

• cjg1's Profile Photo

Tuscan Grille: Good Italian

by cjg1 Updated Jun 5, 2015

The Tuscan Grille is one of the Specialty restaurants on the Celebrity Silhouette. My wife enjoy the specialty restauarants and don't mind paying an additional fee to enjoy them.

The Tuscan Grille is a Mediterranean/Italian restuarant located at the aft of the ship which provides unobstructed water views through the large windows. After a long day in port we couldn't wait for this meal; as this restaurant never dissapoints. We were seated at a nice table for two by one of the large windows.

We both ordered drinks; wine for me and an Italian Zombie for my wife. A platter of assorted olives, chheses, meat and bread was brough to the table. Amazingly yum and hard to resist eating. After perusing the extensive choices of appetizers and main dishes on the menu we were ready to order. I decided to have the steak tartare and my wife wanted the fried calamari for an appetizer. We both chose the caesar salad for our second course. As for main dishes I ordered the filet and my wife chose the seafood risotto.

Our food was amazingly good and each course was presented nicely. Our waiter was very entertaining and came from the next town over in Italy that my wife's family is from so they had a nice time chatting. When it was time for dessert; we were quite full but decided to have the dessert sampler and the tiramisu.

It was a wonderful dinner with just one litle hiccup. As we were pulling out of port; another ship created a wake and two men who were helping with the boat lines were capsized. During our meals we watched the boats pull their lifeless bodies out of the water. the captain came on the loadspeaker to ask for prayers for the men and their families. It really was a terrible tradgedy. We wound up staying stuck half out of port until the ships and local authorities gave their reports concerning the events of the accident. Was a terrible thing to happen..they were just doing their job.

Caesar Salad Dessert Sampler Filet Mignon Fried Calamari Italian Zombie

• Dougy's Profile Photo

Mr. X's Shiggidy Shack: Great Beach Bar

by Dougy Written Dec 19, 2005

Right on the beach, Mr. X's has great barbequed food, ribs checken, lobster fish. There is not a big choice but all the food is great and good value. Mr. X also has all the beers and cocktails you would expect in the caribean.

Favorite Dish: The bbqed chicken was great a big thick juicy chicken breast grilled just right.

Fisherman's Wharf: Seaside restaurant

by m1nkey Written Mar 29, 2011

Fisherman's Wharf sits on stilts over the water in the bay at Basseterre. It has been a long held tradition of the city. The atmosphere is casual and friendly.
    We visited on a Saturday night and the place was nearly empty. Our service was good attentive. The menu was full and offered many tasty sounding items, though it was a bit pricey. We had the talipia fillet and the tuna, both off the grill. When your entree if finished you go up to the counter and get your plate and then add as much of the sides as you want from a small buffet table. That was nice but I was a little dismayed because the sides were not hot. But everything tasted good and we had a nice time. One thing that was not nice was the smell of the surf wafting up in our noses. It was a rank odor that put a damper on our evening.
    Over all it was a good place to go, and the prices were not too bad, compared to other places on the island. But I don't think I will put it on my list of favorites.

• m1nkey's Profile Photo

The Beach House Restaurant: Flawless, amazing, delicious!

by m1nkey Updated Mar 20, 2011

The Beach House Restaurant is located at the end of the southern peninsula on the water at Turtle Bay. This five star location is a must see if you are searching for the ultimate island dining experience. The menu features grilled Caribbean lobster and stir fried Red Snapper Oriental and many other mouth watering choices. But you will be immediately spellbound by the view. The dining area is a large open air veranda that leads straight out into the ocean along a private pier. You can watch the waves crash against the shore as you enjoy the most delicious food on Saint Kitts.
    As part of the upcoming Christophe Harbour development, this location will soon be surrounded by private homes, a golf course and a deep water marina.
    The service is top notch, the views are spectacular and the food is without compare. If I had to describe it with one word it would be magnificent!

Favorite Dish: I went as part of a group and the meal was set up as a buffet. There was a fresh selection of succulent fruit and vegetable salads, shrimp and pasta, and roast prime rib of beef. Everything was prepared perfectly! The prime rib was fork tender and the risotto salad was to die for.
    For desert there was Caribbean bread pudding and some chocolate mango cookies, all served warm from the oven.

Ballyhoo Restaurant: Easy to find in the circus

by m1nkey Written Jan 19, 2011

This cafe sits on the second floor and overlooks the circus square in Basseterre. The atmosphere is nice and the service is good. The food is a mix of international standards with a few local treats mixed in and it is all good. We have been there a few times. There is no real problems except the pricing. Anywhere on the island at a proper restaurant will be a bit pricey, but Ballyhoo is a bit much.
    I ordered a sandwich and it comes with...nothing. So I asked for some fries. My wife had a fish sandwich and some delicious coconut slaw. For drinks we had two small passion fruit drinks.
    Two sandwiches, two drinks and two average sides and the bill was $35US. I thought that was a bit much. The dinner entrees are really expensive. If you are on vacation you don"t mind spending money but we live here and the search for a good, affordable restaurant goes on.

• m1nkey's Profile Photo

Sprat Net: Fresh fish and lively atmosphere.

by m1nkey Updated Mar 23, 2011

Sprat Net is in Old Road just as you enter town, about five miles from Basseterre. It is a cool place with an open air Cabana right on the water. The atmosphere is very casual and typical island style. Bamboo panels and large picnic tables are abundant. The chalkboard menu has says fish, lobster, ribs etc. You order your main dish and it comes with the sides of the day. There is always plenty to eat. While you wait for your meal you wander up to the bar and get your drinks then find a table.
    This is one of those places that you hope to find when you travel and look for local flavor. The service is friendly and the food is fresh prepared. If you want a fish fillet you should ask or you will get you fish island style, whole. They often have live music on the weekends.
    It is a very popular place with the locals and once you go there you will want to return.

Sprat Net Sprat net Allison serves up some hot fresh lobster.

Marriot Saint Kitts: Beautiful resort/time share

by m1nkey Updated Mar 29, 2011

The Marriot is a huge mall of a resort. You could stay there for your whole vacation and never have to leave the premises.
    Four restaurants, four pools, fountains and much more. Yes it looks very expensive, and is.
    We didn't stay there, we just went for lunch and the beach. Lunch was ok at the Bohemian bar and grill all the way out on the patio, next to the water. Good fresh and nicely presented, but not special. Sandwiches and wings, salads and drinks. I was hoping for something nicer. And I thought that using 8 ounce plastic cups for our cocktails was a bit tacky.
    The rest of the resort looked fabulous, and the beach was immaculate.

• Gypsystravels's Profile Photo

Excellent food on the beach: Shipwreck Beach Bar & Grill

by Gypsystravels Updated Mar 24, 2015

Thenford dropped me and a few other guests that did the tour and who didn't want to return to the ship just yet at this restaurant which has a really nice beach to snorkel in. The beach bar and grill is located on South Friars Beach with a nice stretch of powdery sand beach. Great for snorkeling and swimming the bar and grill also has lounger chairs and umbrellas where you can relax after a swim.

When I arrived I was a bit hungry and decided to see what they had to offer. The place isn't big, but has some really nice table ala fresco. I decided to sit at the bar. I ordered a spiced rum punch and checked out the menu on a board. The menu is simple with a few choices like Chicken wings, nachos, burgers, ribs, Mahi Mahi, Snapper, Grouper, and Tacos. I decided on my order and waited patiently. The food arrived about 10 minutes later. The tacos were served with rice, salad and veggies.

The tacos were really good as the fish was nice and fresh. The rice was okay ( I say this because I make an amazing mixed rice which has more flavor), I had a few spoonfuls and left the rest. The salad was nice and the meal would have been fine with just the tacos and salad. Service was good, but in all fairness, there weren't that many people here.

The spicy rum punch seems to be a favorite and I thoroughly enjoyed mine. The food was good and I would definitely return while in St. Kitts.

Note, you may catch a glimpse of mongoose or a monkey near the parking area, so keep your eyes open. I spotted a mongoose eating some scraps of food.

Favorite Dish: The fish tacos were so yummy. The fish was very fresh and tasty. The rice was okay, but the salad and veggies were very good. The Spicy Rum Punch is quite spicy buy refreshingly good.

I don't quite remember what I paid, but I believe it was less than $20 for meal and drink.

Fish tacos, rice and beans, salad and plaintains Spicy rum punch The bar Another look at the bar
    • Water Sports
    • Beaches

Neville's: American style fast food

by m1nkey Updated Feb 11, 2011

If you want the junk food like in the USA go to Neville's it is fast, cheap and fairly junky. Not bad mind you, but not what you would call a restaurant. More of a lunch counter. Fish, burgers and fries are the typical fare with some other goodies too. It's cheaper than most, fast and fills the cavity.

• m1nkey's Profile Photo

Reggae Beach Bar and grill, Cockelshell Beach: Tourist priced times two!

by m1nkey Updated Jan 29, 2011

I would have liked to eat there but we were turned away by the menu. $15 for a sandwich, $25-30 for anything resembling an entree. We had 1 pina colada, 1pina colada virgin, and two local beers. It cost us $37US. I understand that you will pay a bit more for resort pricing, but this place was on a beach nearly by it self. A couple miles from any resort or hotel. They also charged us for rental of the beach umbrella.
    I can buy the same local beer in town at a restaurant for $1.50US I was very disappointed. And I will not return. I resent being held up by a smiling wait person.

Saint Kitts and Nevis Hotels

1 Hotel
Charlestown Hotels
3 Reviews - 28 Photos

Instant Answers: Saint Kitts and Nevis

Comments

Saint Kitts and Nevis Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Saint Kitts and Nevis restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Saint Kitts and Nevis sightseeing.
Map of Saint Kitts and Nevis