Places to eat in Saint Kitts and Nevis

Most Viewed Restaurants in Saint Kitts and Nevis

• cjg1's Profile Photo

Normandie:Speciality Dining on the Summit: An Incredible Anniversary Dinner

by cjg1 Updated Nov 29, 2013

My wife and I were celebrating four years of marriage while aboard the Celebrity Summit. We decided to make it a bit more special by dining at one of their specialty restaurants, Normandie. Normandie is one of the two specialty restaurants aboard the Celebrity Summit the other being Qsine (which we dined at earlier in the week).

The cuisine at this restaurant is French Continental and is a more upscale dining venue than Qsine. The décor is classic with dark wood walls, rich colors and contains some of the original paneling and ornamentation from the SS Normandie ( transatlantic liner from the early 20th century which was the fastest ship in the world at that time). The restaurant has a nice romantic vibe to it; candlelit tables, nice soft music and hushed tones. This was the perfect setting for a romantic Anniversary dinner.

As soon as my wife and I entered the restaurant we were warmly greeted and seated at a nice table for two by one of their large round windows. Our waiter came over and introduced himself and handed us menus and the wine list. The menu consisted of two parts; an a la carte section and a tasting menu called The Five Senses. After perusing all the options we decided that the a la carte options were the best for us.

I chose the following from the menu: Phyllo Baked Anjou Pear with Roquefort Cheese, Goat Cheese Soufflé, Hazelnut Coated Lamb Rack and the Strawberry Crepes for dessert. My wife chose the following for her meal: Porcini & Morel Risotto, Diver Scallop Wellington Style, Murano Lobster and the Grand Marnier Soufflé for dessert.

We loved that the service here is seamless. Water appears out of nowhere into half empty glasses. Bread refills itself on the plates. Absolutely attentive yet unobtrusive service. Several of our dishes were prepared tableside with an artful production. My wife’s Lobster and my crepes were a visual splendor as they were prepared in front of our table. Food presentation here is also top notch. Every dish is arranged artfully on the plate; absolute perfection.

The food here was very good indeed. There wasn’t a single item I didn’t enjoy. My wife loved all of her dishes except for the Scallops Wellington which was just weird. After we enjoyed our delicious desserts we took part in a cheese plate where a table of cheese and crackers were brought tableside for our personal selection. We left here very full and very happy with our choice to dine here. I will definitely come here again for another delicious meal

Favorite Dish: My favorite dishes would have to be the Phyllo Baked Anjou Pear with Roquefort Cheese and the Lamb. My wife talked me into the Baked pear and Roquefort cheese and I was so glad she did. It was so amazing; the flavors were so good. My lamb was cooked perfectly and very tender; just how lamb shoul be properly cooked.

Grand Marnier Souffle Strawberry Crepes Lobster in a Cognac Cream Sauce Beautiful Lamb Scallops Wellington

Golden Rock Plantation: Dining with the birds

by kyoub Updated Jul 17, 2004

This was one of our favorite places to have lunch. We would eat out on the patio and be entertained buy all the birds that wanted to join us.
    It was not as casual at dinner time but the food was excellent.

Plantation

Nisbet Plantation Beach Club: Best food

by kyoub Updated Apr 4, 2011

The Nisbet Plantation has a beachside restaurant, over looking the ocean, that serves breakfast and lunch, Pool is nearby.
    A formal dinner is served in the great house. It is a set menu but always delicious.

Favorite Dish: Four course meals were served at night in the Great House. There was a different menu every night with your choice of two entrees.
    It was always consistently good.
    Breakfast was a buffet with choices in american type food. Always a lot of tropical fruit. Very good.

Nesbit greathouse

Cha-Cha - Del: Local family

by kyoub Written Jul 18, 2004

We also enjoyed eating ata little locally owned restaurant that served great seafood.
    It was called Cha-Cha-Del. Open for dinner only.

Favorite Dish: fresh fish with side order of rice and peas, taro root fritters, and eggplant casserole.

• Pieter11's Profile Photo

Pizza Place: Pizza Place

by Pieter11 Written May 11, 2009

For a long time there was only one pizza place on Saint Kitts and Nevis. A few years ago the Pizza Hut opened here, but the first pizza place still has the great name "Pizza Place". And I must say: the Pizza Hut is good, but the Pizza Place is better!

The pizza's here are sold per piece, per half pizza or per full pizza and in about 6 tastes. Mostly local people come here, ordering only one of two slices. When you are very hungry and with a few persons, you might be able to finish a full pizza. For a big one you pay about 10 US Dollars.

You'll find 'Pizza Place' at 10 metres from Victoria Street, in a small building at the left side of the road.

• Dougy's Profile Photo

Mr. X's Shiggidy Shack: Great Beach Bar

by Dougy Written Dec 19, 2005

Right on the beach, Mr. X's has great barbequed food, ribs checken, lobster fish. There is not a big choice but all the food is great and good value. Mr. X also has all the beers and cocktails you would expect in the caribean.

Favorite Dish: The bbqed chicken was great a big thick juicy chicken breast grilled just right.

Fisherman's Wharf: Seaside restaurant

by m1nkey Written Mar 29, 2011

Fisherman's Wharf sits on stilts over the water in the bay at Basseterre. It has been a long held tradition of the city. The atmosphere is casual and friendly.
    We visited on a Saturday night and the place was nearly empty. Our service was good attentive. The menu was full and offered many tasty sounding items, though it was a bit pricey. We had the talipia fillet and the tuna, both off the grill. When your entree if finished you go up to the counter and get your plate and then add as much of the sides as you want from a small buffet table. That was nice but I was a little dismayed because the sides were not hot. But everything tasted good and we had a nice time. One thing that was not nice was the smell of the surf wafting up in our noses. It was a rank odor that put a damper on our evening.
    Over all it was a good place to go, and the prices were not too bad, compared to other places on the island. But I don't think I will put it on my list of favorites.

• m1nkey's Profile Photo

The Beach House Restaurant: Flawless, amazing, delicious!

by m1nkey Updated Mar 20, 2011

The Beach House Restaurant is located at the end of the southern peninsula on the water at Turtle Bay. This five star location is a must see if you are searching for the ultimate island dining experience. The menu features grilled Caribbean lobster and stir fried Red Snapper Oriental and many other mouth watering choices. But you will be immediately spellbound by the view. The dining area is a large open air veranda that leads straight out into the ocean along a private pier. You can watch the waves crash against the shore as you enjoy the most delicious food on Saint Kitts.
    As part of the upcoming Christophe Harbour development, this location will soon be surrounded by private homes, a golf course and a deep water marina.
    The service is top notch, the views are spectacular and the food is without compare. If I had to describe it with one word it would be magnificent!

Favorite Dish: I went as part of a group and the meal was set up as a buffet. There was a fresh selection of succulent fruit and vegetable salads, shrimp and pasta, and roast prime rib of beef. Everything was prepared perfectly! The prime rib was fork tender and the risotto salad was to die for.
    For desert there was Caribbean bread pudding and some chocolate mango cookies, all served warm from the oven.

Ballyhoo Restaurant: Easy to find in the circus

by m1nkey Written Jan 19, 2011

This cafe sits on the second floor and overlooks the circus square in Basseterre. The atmosphere is nice and the service is good. The food is a mix of international standards with a few local treats mixed in and it is all good. We have been there a few times. There is no real problems except the pricing. Anywhere on the island at a proper restaurant will be a bit pricey, but Ballyhoo is a bit much.
    I ordered a sandwich and it comes with...nothing. So I asked for some fries. My wife had a fish sandwich and some delicious coconut slaw. For drinks we had two small passion fruit drinks.
    Two sandwiches, two drinks and two average sides and the bill was $35US. I thought that was a bit much. The dinner entrees are really expensive. If you are on vacation you don"t mind spending money but we live here and the search for a good, affordable restaurant goes on.

• m1nkey's Profile Photo

Sprat Net: Fresh fish and lively atmosphere.

by m1nkey Updated Mar 23, 2011

Sprat Net is in Old Road just as you enter town, about five miles from Basseterre. It is a cool place with an open air Cabana right on the water. The atmosphere is very casual and typical island style. Bamboo panels and large picnic tables are abundant. The chalkboard menu has says fish, lobster, ribs etc. You order your main dish and it comes with the sides of the day. There is always plenty to eat. While you wait for your meal you wander up to the bar and get your drinks then find a table.
    This is one of those places that you hope to find when you travel and look for local flavor. The service is friendly and the food is fresh prepared. If you want a fish fillet you should ask or you will get you fish island style, whole. They often have live music on the weekends.
    It is a very popular place with the locals and once you go there you will want to return.

Sprat Net Sprat net Allison serves up some hot fresh lobster.

Marriot Saint Kitts: Beautiful resort/time share

by m1nkey Updated Mar 29, 2011

The Marriot is a huge mall of a resort. You could stay there for your whole vacation and never have to leave the premises.
    Four restaurants, four pools, fountains and much more. Yes it looks very expensive, and is.
    We didn't stay there, we just went for lunch and the beach. Lunch was ok at the Bohemian bar and grill all the way out on the patio, next to the water. Good fresh and nicely presented, but not special. Sandwiches and wings, salads and drinks. I was hoping for something nicer. And I thought that using 8 ounce plastic cups for our cocktails was a bit tacky.
    The rest of the resort looked fabulous, and the beach was immaculate.

Neville's: American style fast food

by m1nkey Updated Feb 11, 2011

If you want the junk food like in the USA go to Neville's it is fast, cheap and fairly junky. Not bad mind you, but not what you would call a restaurant. More of a lunch counter. Fish, burgers and fries are the typical fare with some other goodies too. It's cheaper than most, fast and fills the cavity.

• m1nkey's Profile Photo

Reggae Beach Bar and grill, Cockelshell Beach: Tourist priced times two!

by m1nkey Updated Jan 29, 2011

I would have liked to eat there but we were turned away by the menu. $15 for a sandwich, $25-30 for anything resembling an entree. We had 1 pina colada, 1pina colada virgin, and two local beers. It cost us $37US. I understand that you will pay a bit more for resort pricing, but this place was on a beach nearly by it self. A couple miles from any resort or hotel. They also charged us for rental of the beach umbrella.
    I can buy the same local beer in town at a restaurant for $1.50US I was very disappointed. And I will not return. I resent being held up by a smiling wait person.

• m1nkey's Profile Photo

Kalabash: Great Vegan/vegatarian restaurant.

by m1nkey Updated Feb 13, 2011

Great food and fairly price. Two of us had a nice lunch. A dish called Mali Mambo, stir fried vegs on brown rice with a peanut sauce. I had a veg burger and fries. Two juice drinks, a piece of heavenly chocolate cake and a loaf of bread to go was only $24. Now that is a good bargain, especially on an island. The curry veggies stir fry and the roti are also great. This has quickly turned into our favorite place to eat. They make everything in house fresh. No animal products and no canned, preservatives or fillers. The cheesecake is amazing! If you were to eat some and not know it was vegan, you could not tell the difference. In a word...it is fantastic!

Favorite Dish: I will let you know once I have tried them all.

Come dine with us Kalabash

Pride of India: Great Indian food

by m1nkey Updated Mar 17, 2011

Dinner at the Pride of India was an ambiguous experience. The place was nice, the service good and the food tasted great. But the ordering was unusual. Every item was individually priced. I got two samosa dumplings as an appetizer. Then we both got an entree and bread. Each item again was individually priced. the entree was a small bowl of food. the Naan flat bread, two pieces was $8.80EC. our bill came to $110EC ($41US) and we were still hungry.
    On this island ,with the VAT tax, anywhere is expensive. But some places are taking advantage.
    If you don't mind the price, by all means visit the Pride of India.

Saint Kitts and Nevis Hotels

18 Reviews - 41 Photos
Gingerland Hotels
1 Hotel

Instant Answers: Saint Kitts and Nevis

Comments

Saint Kitts and Nevis Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Saint Kitts and Nevis restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Saint Kitts and Nevis sightseeing.
Map of Saint Kitts and Nevis