Nightclubs and bars in Saint Lucia

Yeah...no worries

Most Viewed Nightlife in Saint Lucia

Sandals Regency La Toc: Cricketer's: Fun Pub

by cjg1 Updated Nov 3, 2011

Cricketer's is the English Pub at La Toc located in the Main Building above the pool. The Pub is a nice size with plenty of pub tables, boothes, bar seating and an outdoor terrace. It's a comfortable place to grab a Guiness or drink in the afternoon, pre-dinner drink or enjoy a game on one of their many TV's. They also serve good pub grub if you want a snack or meal. The Fish & Chips is quite nice especially paired with a Guiness or Piton Lager.

Our first afternoon at the resort we spent some time here on the terrace with Chris and Karen enjoying some beer and Rum Punch. After that day we made Cricketers a daily stop for a drink or a snack.

Dress Code: Casual but no swimwear.

Rum Punch Time!

Sandals Grande: Old London Pub: Drinks in a Casual Pub Setting

by cjg1 Updated Oct 31, 2011

The Old London Pub is a casual pub/restaurant located on the property of the Sandals Grande. The pub is located to the back of the main lobby of the resort. The interior is quite spacious with a large number of tables throughout as well as pub tables and bar seating. On the left side of the bar is a separate billiards room for patrons. The décor has London Street signs, old fashioned sailing ships, paintings and similar décor.

Our first visit to the London Pub was for some drinks before our dinner at Gordon’s. I was immediately impressed by the service; friendly and attentive. Someone was always stopping by with a refill or to see if we wanted anything to eat. Kelvin was our favorite waiter; a really fun guy. I wanted something to eat as soon as I saw their extensive menu of pub fare but knew I had to hold off. The menu proved to be too tempting after I had a few pints of Guinness and we deiced to split an order of the Artichoke cheese dip. The dip was very good; a queso with bits of artichoke with tortilla chips for dipping. It was the perfect snack to tide us over until dinner.

Our second visit to the Pub was for dinner with our friends Chris and Karen. We ordered several appetizers: two orders of the artichoke cheese dip, battered shrimp and chips. For our entrees Chris and I went for the Steak & Chips, my wife had the Fish and Chips and Karen had the Shepherd’s Pie.

The dessert menu tempted us all so we had to indulge; after all it is vacation. Chris, Karen and I chose the rice pudding while my wife went for the apple tart. The Rice Pudding was served in tea cups and was delicious. My wife loved her tart that was in puffed pastry crust and smothered in a cheese cake tasting frosting. What a tasty end to a good meal.

Out of all the restaurant and bars; I would say this is where I felt most comfortable. I could easily hang here everyday and indulge in their good pub grub.

Sandals Grande: Admiral Rodney's Piano Bar: Relaxing Drinks by the Piano

by cjg1 Updated Oct 31, 2011

Admiral Rodney's Piano Bar is located in the main building of the Sandals Grande Resort. My wife and I were awaiting some friends in the lobby and decided to stop for a drink. We had a seat at one of the many couches available and ordered drinks. I chose a nice cold Piton and my wife had a glass of champagne.

As we settled in with our drinks the piano player began his serenade...what timing I say. We had such a nice time relaxing and enjoying our drinks; that time just flew by. Fortunately our friends found us sitting there and off we went to dinner.

Sandals Grande: Beach Bar: Tropical Drinks with a Beach View

by cjg1 Updated Oct 31, 2011

Nothing screams vacation more than drinks at a beach bar. The beach bar here at the Sandals Grande is a nice one. Conveniently located between the beach and the main pool; the bar is quite busy with patrons during the day. We came here for some drinks pre- dinner one evening. We decided to have drinks outside in order to enjoy the sunset. We grabbed two seats at the bar and ordered some of their delicious Rum Punch. I can’t get over how good the Rum Punch is at the Sandals Resorts….it’s the best I have had anywhere.

It was a nice lazy evening with the sun setting over the beach and the air beginning to lose some of its heat from the day. Our Rum Punches were a nice cool refreshment as we enjoyed our laid back evening.

Always a Great time with my wife (10/19) The Beach Bar My baby girl waiting for her Rum Punch Loving this place The Best Rum Punches!

Sandals Regency La Toc: Sunset Swim Up Pool Bar: Tropical Drinks Poolside

by cjg1 Updated Oct 31, 2011

A pool is not complete without a swim up bar in my opinion.....and the Sunset Pool has a nice one. One several days during our trip we found ourselves at the Sunset Pool and the pool bar. The bar is the basic pool bar with several stools on raised platforms in the water.
    Ther is nothing better than relaxing in the pool with tropical drink in hand. We enjoyed several of their tasty rum punches, dacquiris and mudslides while floating about.

Service here definitely depended on what bartender was on duty. If Ozzy was working then everything was all right....if his female counterpart was on duty then forget it.

The Birthday Girl waiting for her Dacquiri (10/18) Almost done with my No Worries drink... Strawberry Dacquiris Yum The Sunset Pool & Bar

Sandals Regency La Toc: Sunset Bar: Drinks High in the Bluffs

by cjg1 Updated Oct 31, 2011

The Sunset Bar was the perfect place for some after dinner drinks. The bar is located up in the bluffs of the resort right by the Sunset pool. We chose to come here after our dinner at Kimono's. The space is a nice size with plenty of seating. We chose to have a seat at the far right of the bar so we had a good view of the pool.

Liz and Karen decided to have Cosmopolitans while Chris and I chose some Piton beer as our first drinks. The bar was pretty packed as guests who were waiting for dinner reservations at Armandos upstairs chose to have drinks here to pass the time. We had a good time here relaxing and laughing about our adventures of the day. Too bad they had the a/c cranked so high or we might have stayed longer...

My wife and her Cosmo Chris and I relaxing Karen & Chris

Sandals Regency La Toc: Pavillion Swim Up Pool Bar: Drinks Poolside

by cjg1 Updated Oct 25, 2011

The Pool Bar at the Pavilion Pool is the big focal point. I get it; you’re on vacation on a beautiful island…what could be better than a bunch of tropical drinks. The pool bar has a large board hanging over it with a large selection of themed cocktails and frozen drinks. The pool bar has in water bar stools on three sides. The fourth side is accesible from the "dry" side and has bar stools.

Our first full day at the pool bar I managed to work my way through half of the menu with my friend Chris. Karen tried a variety of cocktails but was very happy to find they made Bushwackers; one of her favorites. My wife tried a few new drinks but mostly kept it tame since she doesn’t have a big tolerance for alcohol. Despite what I had read in reviews; the drinks here are good and full of liquor not watered down at all. Service was spot on and friendly. Every day we looked forward to trying the bartender's special cocktail of the day; some had interesting names such as the Panty Dropper and Blue Balls. I should hope no one has blue balls if the panties are dropped...

I have to say some of my favorites were the Dirty Banana, Rum Punch, No Worries, Mudslide, Lucian Dream and the St Lucia Sunrise. My wife loved their Mango Dacquiri and the Rum Punch. The Rum Punch at this resort is excellent; the best I have had anywhere to date. The pool bar is a great way to meet other guests, relax and have a great time in the water while enjoying a cocktail.

Dress Code: Swimsuit

Liz and her Frozen Drink Chris & I enjoying some drinks Yeah...no worries Liz waiting her her drink Mango Dacquiri

• travelqueen7's Profile Photo

In St. Lucia there are very...

by travelqueen7 Updated Apr 4, 2011

In St. Lucia there are very few choices places for nightlife but you can certainly make the best of them all!

Happy Bay Bar at the end of the Rodney Bay stretch. 2-4-1 drinks all day and night. Its on the water and nothing much to speak of interms of a typical bar but it works and gets the job done.

Gaiety is a new night club with dances almost every weekend and shows every so often.

Triangle pub is a local outdoor pub on the side of the road. They usually have live steel pans bands and awesome bbq chicken at night. Food is served all day and night, it's really good.

The Lime (across from Triangle) is just a casual place to have a drink and listent to music outdoors. They also have a night club called the Late Lime, with a cover charge to get in.

Dress Code: Dress for the tropics. The Triangle, Lime and Happy Day are out doors so you might need a light sweater at night. For Gaiety dress as you wish. For the Late Lime dress nice, no casual clothing.

• Music

• BROOKS's Profile Photo

Castries and surrounding areas: Nightlife

by BROOKS Updated Aug 4, 2007

BANANA SPLIT, St. George's St., Castries, Phone: 758-450-8125, has live entertainment and a perpetual spring break atmosphere.
    If you feel ready for a wild night on the town, Banana Split should be your first stop. St. Lucians like to party, and Banana Split is often the place to find a good crowd. The crowd here is young, and ready to party. Live entertainment often kicks things up a notch.

The CAPTAIN'S CELLAR, Pigeon Island, Phone: 758-450-0253 is a cozy Old English pub with live jazz on weekends.

SHAMROCKS PUB, Rodney Bay, Phone: 758-452-8725 is an Irish style pub with pool tables and darts.

WAVES, Choc Bay, Castries, Phone: 758-451-3000 is a popular hangout day and night, with happy hours, karaoke nights, and occasional live music performances.

Dance Clubs

FOLY'S, Rodney Bay, Phone: 758-450-0022, attached to La Creole restaurant next to the Rodney Bay Marina, is a disco with music ranging from salsa and zouk to oldies and love songs; you must be at least 21 years old to enter.

At INDIES, Rodney Bay, Phone: 758-452-0727 you can dance to the hottest rhythms Wednesday, Friday, and Saturday; dress is casual though smart-no hats or sandals, no shorts or sleeveless shirts for men. There's shuttle bus service to and from most major hotels.

The LATE LIME, Reduit Beach, Rodney Bay, Phone: 758-452-0761 is a particular favorite of St. Lucians; it's air conditioned and intimate, with DJ dance music every night but Tuesday.

Hot!

Dress Code: Varies; sometimes no hats or sandals. I would go with trendy but casual.

• Eco-Tourism
    • Music

• Jackofhearts's Profile Photo

Charlie's: Local Flavour

by Jackofhearts Written Feb 22, 2005

If you're in Rodney Bay and looking for a drink you will inevitably find two main bars. No disrespect to the others but Charlie's and Rumours are the most popular and interesting of the nightclub selection. I would recomend Charlie's as the music was better and the women uh. uh. friendlier.

• jessicadf's Profile Photo

Rendezvous Resort: Dancing and cocktails

by jessicadf Written Sep 21, 2004

Staying at Rendezvous Resort was such a golden cage... very difficult to make ourselves leave. So it turned out that every night we stayed in the resort. The bartenders were so great, the entertainment they provided was usually fun... or just sipping cocktails on the beach and watching for the perfect conch shell to wash ashore while sipping rum drinks was perfect.

Dress Code: As casual as you want to be.

Feet up, watching the surf

• vrage's Profile Photo

"the unicorn" rodney bay: sunset cruise

by vrage Written Mar 29, 2004

You can book a sunset cruise on the unicorn, which is the same ship they used in "pirates of the carribean". We unfortunatley had a cloudy night so there wasn't much of a sunset. But, we enjoyed the sail, the breeze, the views -and the rumpunches and champagne.

it was cool watching the crew run across the sail beams barefoot and not taking a fall. and there was a steel drum band to listen to on deck.

Dress Code: I go long sleeve to cover the wind. Drinks are free, but bring $5ec for each bottle of "piton" you plan on drinking.

the unicorn coming in

• gcmm's Profile Photo

Hotel night club and bar: Always something to do

by gcmm Written Mar 24, 2004

At the hotel Rex there is a small night club open bar area.
    They have happy hour and a tow for one special.
    Later in the evening they will have different activities , with music and dancing.
    One night they had a bingo contest and we won a bottle of wine...
    They also have other things going on if your into the night scene...

Dress Code: Casual dress is fine

• Martin_S.'s Profile Photo

Steel Bands anywhere: Castries Steel Band

by Martin_S. Written Dec 6, 2002

The live Steel Bands are something to see and hear. We caught this one preforming at a shopping mall in Castries. The basic principal behind them is the use of 55 gallon steel drums (which were originally used to store oil or other materials) to make music. The drum have been shortended and the top has been deformed to make different pitches, but the only instruments in the bands is these drums. The range possible is fantastic to say the least, so if you hear them making Caribbean music or doing a classical concert, don't be fooled it is only drums.

Steel Band in Castries, St.Lucia

• fiamma's Profile Photo

...at the street: A Jump up!!!!

by fiamma Updated Oct 1, 2002

Each Friday in St. Lucia people have a get together in one street at 9:00pm approx. 'til midnight. They close the street and there they drink, dance, talk with people, buy crafts, and have some fun. The music comes basically from jammin' and R&B CD's and some locals try to dance with beer bottles in their heads. The best of it is that people are very friendly and is an absolutely secure and safe place to be even with children.

Dress Code: You can wear any clothes you feel comfortable with. From shorts and sandals to a nice jean...but not too fancy...just tropical!

Saint Lucia Hotels

19 Reviews - 80 Photos
Anse La Raye Hotels
3 Reviews - 19 Photos

Instant Answers: Saint Lucia

Comments

Saint Lucia Nightlife

Reviews and photos of Saint Lucia nightlife posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Saint Lucia sightseeing.
Map of Saint Lucia