What to pack for Saint Lucia

Most Viewed What to Pack in Saint Lucia

Packing for a Beach Getaway

by cjg1 Updated Dec 7, 2011

Luggage and bags: We packed heavy for this trip since we needed both swimwear and evening attire for the resort. Two rollaboards for us and a backpack for me.

Clothing/Shoes/Weather Gear: Plenty of lightweight clothing for the hot weather:Tee shirts, shorts, swimsuits, linen pants, linen shirts and hats.

For the evening the resort had a dress code so I needed long pants and collared shirts.

Toiletries and Medical Supplies: Shampoo, deodorant, toothbrush, toothpaste, hairbrush, gel, body wash, contact lens solution, lotion. Sunblock and bug spray is a must.

Photo Equipment: Digital camera, water camera and video camera

Camping/Beach/Outdoor Gear: Water shoes, flip flops

Camera Equipment

by cjg1 Updated Dec 5, 2011

Photo Equipment: I've found the best camera to have on a beach vacation is an underwater/waterproof camera. My Cannon waterproof camera has prove to be worth its weight in gold. We never worry about the camera when we are on a boat, beach or splashing about in the pool or ocean.

Pack a Hat

by cjg1 Updated Nov 3, 2011

Camping/Beach/Outdoor Gear: Definitely pack a hat when on a beach vacation. I credit hats for keeping my head, neck and ears sunburn free during our travels. I usually pack two hats; my Jacaru and a Tommy Bahama panama Hat. My wife always brings an assortment of sun hats to keep her from getting crispy.

• maartenw's Profile Photo

Lightweight and airy

by maartenw Updated Jul 30, 2006

Luggage and bags: Don't overpack. Just lots of shirts, shorts and swimming stuff.

Clothing/Shoes/Weather Gear: Lightweight and airy are the key clothing characteristics. Long sleeves for after sunset. Good solid shoes if you plan a hiking trip in the rainforest. Good pair of sunglasses. A hat is recommended.

Toiletries and Medical Supplies: Mosquitto repellent for the evenings.
    Sun block.

Camping/Beach/Outdoor Gear: Snorkel gear!

Miscellaneous: - Poems by Derek Walcott.
    - Ordnance Survey 1:50,000 map of Saint Lucia.
    - US$ (small banknotes) and plastic widely accepted. US$ 1= EC$ 2.65

• Beaches
    • Luxury Travel

• KnMYoung's Profile Photo

Pack Thin Clothing

by KnMYoung Written Jul 21, 2006

Luggage and bags: You might want to bring a back pack or a beach bag to carry your things down to the beach for a long day of relaxing. I would suggest the back pack if you plan on leaving the resort for any tours because it is easiest to carry.

Clothing/Shoes/Weather Gear: WEAR THIN CLOTHING!! St. Lucia is very close to the equator and it can get very hot and muggy there. We were there in October and the heat was still stiffling most of the time. You will need all the help you can get to keep cool, so pack light clothing.

Photo Equipment: We brought disposable cameras with us, but by the time they passed through security at the airport at few times, the film was grainey. I would suggest you buy cameras there and develop the film there if you can. It would be a lot more expensive, but at least the pictures would look good.

Camping/Beach/Outdoor Gear: I highly suggest a sarong for the ladies. Mine got me into a restaurant that normally would have rejected me for not being dressed appropriately. Not to mention, they are just too cute!

• Spa and Resort
    • Beaches

• jessicadf's Profile Photo

Remember it's a tropical island

by jessicadf Written Sep 21, 2004

Luggage and bags: If you're just going on a relaxing holiday, and you're like me, you need nothing more than a carry on bag and maybe a backpack.

Clothing/Shoes/Weather Gear: Shorts, short-sleeved shirts, sandals. Sturdy walking shoes if you plan to hike in the rain forest. BATHING SUITS. This is a very warm, humid island. It's highly unlikely you'll need a jacket during your stay.

Toiletries and Medical Supplies: Sunscreen and mosquito repellent.

Photo Equipment: Your favorite camera.

• whitneyone's Profile Photo

by whitneyone Written Sep 12, 2002

Clothing/Shoes/Weather Gear: As a rule, I over pack. This time, I overpacked again.
    Day time at any resort consists of beachwear and more of it. On the water (which is what's pictured, on a full day cruise) consists of more beachwear. At our resort we were asked to dress casually elegant at night. That meant at least knee length shorts for men and no beach wear (sarongs or bathing suits) for women. All in all, we were all slightly elegant, but much more on the casual side at dinner. I think this holds true in town also.

I did take hiking boots and used only once in the rain. I never wore anything more than a tank top and a skirt or shorts our whole trip.

Toiletries and Medical Supplies: We took everything we needed with us. that included two types of mosquito repellant which you will really need at dusk and beyond. and you might want to take a few different sunscreens for your face. I developed a reaction to mine after 4 days and felt like i was going through puberty again. Once was enough!

Photo Equipment: Take a lot of film and a back up battery. If you run out of film you can get it for about 12 dollars a roll at the tourist traps,(ouch) so we took 7 rolls with us...and used all 7!

• travelqueen7's Profile Photo

by travelqueen7 Written Aug 30, 2002

Clothing/Shoes/Weather Gear: Pack light for warm weather year round, cotton is always a good choice. Bring a light sweater for cool evenings by the water. Include a couple nice outfits for going to the shows at the hotels, out to dinner or to the club.
    Pack appropriate attire for the activities you plan on doing. Horseback riding pants are advised, hiking remember your boots.
    And of course don't forget your swim suit!

Toiletries and Medical Supplies: Pack lots of sunblock, if you run out it is avaliable in all hotels and drug stores but you do have a limited selection and can be pricey.
    Also pack bug spray or lotion. I suggest the lotion and apply it before you go to bed, because this is when they like to feast the most. Especially remember the body parts that are usually exposed at night including your face and neck.

Photo Equipment: Pack extra film and battries as it is very expensive here and you may not get the batteries you need.

• bianchis's Profile Photo

by bianchis Written Sep 18, 2002

Luggage and bags: Pack only summer things as the nights are also warm. To dine out in restaurant in the evening men long trousers and women casual evening wear.

Clothing/Shoes/Weather Gear: During the rainy season perhaps an extra Tshirt to change into. Some good walking shoes if you intend to go into the rain forest as you climb up and down and it can get very slippery

Toiletries and Medical Supplies: The usual things you would take with you. If you get seasick some seasick tablets. Plenty of suntan lotion to protect your skin from the blazing sunshine. Remember you are very near to the equator. Take it easy in the sun for the first few days. Pharmacies in Castries

Photo Equipment: We took our Sony Digital Camera and it was no problem hooking it up in our room to the socket. Electricity 220 to 230 volts AC(50 cycles).An adapter would be convenient, this you can get at any airport.

Camping/Beach/Outdoor Gear: Shorts, Tshirts, good sandals or walking shoes.

Miscellaneous: Currency 2.70 EC dollar = 1 US$. US dollar accepted by nearly all hotels, restaurants and shops.

Pack Some Friends for the Trip

by cjg1 Updated Dec 21, 2011

Miscellaneous: The more the merrier. This was the first time we did a big trip with another couple instead of a group of single friends. It was a great time and I love travelling with my friend Chris.

Saint Lucia Hotels

See nearby hotels
Anse La Raye Hotels
2 Reviews - 19 Photos

Instant Answers: Saint Lucia

Comments

Saint Lucia What to Pack

Reviews and photos of Saint Lucia what to pack posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Saint Lucia sightseeing.
Map of Saint Lucia