Places to eat in Saint Lucia

The cook next to a grill full of meat
    The side entrance
    Chicken and sides

Most Viewed Restaurants in Saint Lucia

• bekssa's Profile Photo

Unknown: Mystery Buffet

by bekssa Written Mar 31, 2014

I can't leave this local place out even though I don't know the name!!! It is at Rodney Bay and across the street from one of the waterfront restaurants. I had my heart set on choosing one of the local buffets at Rodney Bay but it was Sunday. We had the nicest driver (very, very patient with me) and he explained that even though everyone told me that the restaurants were open on Sunday, they weren't. He knew of one that was open and that he really thought we'd like (again, I kept insisting on trying local food). It didn't look like much from the outside and I also learned that it wasn't a real buffet--you had to choose an entrée, etc. We almost left but were hungry. No place to sit --the tables were outside and it had been raining. But the owner took us inside to a little bar counter and said we could sit in there. SOOOO--we all went back out and chose our meals and that driver had it exactly right! The food was really good.

Favorite Dish: Everything!!!!! I also had my first grapefruit soda--perfect with the Caribbean spices.

Sandals Regency La Toc: La Toc: Romantic Dinner and Delicious Cuisine

by cjg1 Updated Dec 1, 2011

La Toc is the French restaurant on the Sandals Regency La Toc property. This is one of the restaurants that is reservation only and has a dress code(long pants for men, collared shirt and closed shoes) We were fortunate to score two reservations thanks to our Butler Donovan.

La Toc is located in the Main Building resort past the lounge. It has that out of the way, tucked in a corner, private feel. The interior is pretty simple nothing Ohh or Ahhh but has a nice intimate vibe. The tables are decorated nicely with fresh local flowers and candles for that added romantic touch.

The menu has the typical French fare: escargot, onion soup, pate, crème brulee,roasted duck etc. that you would find on most French menus. The wine list here is quite extensive and is an extra cost that is not included in the standard package. We did find that when we bought bottles on the first night the Maitre D paid extra attention to us the second time around.

Our first meal here was a group dinner with our friends Karen and Chris. Our second visit here was just a quiet dinner for the two of us. The onion soup is hit or miss. The soup the first night was better than the second night. The escargot is delicious; tasty snails in a crispy pastry shell. I have to admit my wife and I adore escargot and order them whenever they are offered on a menu. The lamb here is excellent; I enjoyed it so much the first night that I ordered it the second night. My wife had the filet both nights. The first night was a good piece of meat but the second night it was a little fatty. The sauce was a tasty red wine sauce which I helped myself to a taste.

Desert both nights was a no brainer with crème brulee for my wife and a chocolate mousse with local fruit for me. The crème brulee was very good and my wife was happy to enjoy one of her favorite desserts. The chocolate mousse was very good and the fruit broke up the richness of the chocolate.

Service here is faster than island time but definitely not New York time but it is not bad. We had friendly servers and were happy with our meals. This is one of the better restaurants on the resort.

Favorite Dish: The lamb was quite nice. Very tender and flavorful. I loved the escargot in the puff pasty; very nice.

Sandals Regency La Toc: The Pitons Restaurant: Tasty Caribbean Fare

by cjg1 Updated Dec 1, 2011

The restaurant is located right by the Sunset Pool and was a short five minute walk from our suite. The restaurant is open air with a large triangular dome over the circular dining room. Our butler escorted us into the restaurant along with the hostess and got us settled at a table for two with a view of the pool. The atmosphere here is intimate and very cozy but a bit too dark. We had problem reading the menu due to the pool lighting even with the candles on the table. After pulling out my cell phone for some better lighting all was well.

The menu had a large variety of Caribbean themed items such as Conch and local fish. The emphasis was definitely on the “Jerk”; Jerk Pork, Jerk Beef, Jerk Ribs, Jerk Chicken; even the croutons in the Caesar salad were “Jerk”. After a few minutes we were able to decide on our selections.

I decided to have the honey glazed fried shrimp, pumpkin soup and the jerk pork/chicken combination. My wife chose a Caesar salad, honey glazed shrimp and a steak. Our soup and salad was the first to arrive. My wife enjoyed her salad and even liked her spicy Jerk croutons. The pumpkin soup was blah; I could have done without it. The shrimp appetizer was very good and tasty; loved the flavors. The portion was a bit small with only two shrimp on a plate. Our main courses were very large portions. I didn’t make it through my pork and chicken entirely before surrendering. The Jerk seasoning was very good but the chicken was a bit dry in spots. My wife enjoyed her beef especially since it was spiced just right and was a good cut of meat. Dessert was a no since once again we were too full to even glance at the menu.

Service here is island time but we didn’t mind. Some other customers did mind the slowness and didn’t stay past their appetizers which I found a bit rude on their part. We enjoyed a slow paced meal where we could enjoy each other’s company and relax.

Sandals Regency La Toc: Cricketer's Pub: Good Pub Grub

by cjg1 Updated Dec 1, 2011

Cricketer's is the English Pub at La Toc located in the Main Building above the pool. The Pub is a nice size with plenty of pub tables, booths, bar seating and an outdoor terrace. It's a comfortable place to grab a Guinness or drink in the afternoon, pre-dinner drink or enjoy a game on one of their many TV's. They also serve good pub grub if you want a snack or meal.

Our first afternoon at the resort we spent some time here on the terrace with Chris and Karen enjoying some beer and Rum Punch as well as a pub lunch. The food here is typical pub grub: Fish & Chips, burgers, Shepherd’s Pie, Chicken Wings and the like. The Fish & Chips is quite good with crispy pieces of tender fish. After that day we made Cricketers a daily stop for a drink or a snack but mostly for drinks.

This is not the best pub food I have had but it is ok. The London Pub over at the Sandals Grande blows this place away.

Favorite Dish: The Chicken Wings were my favorite and became a staple snack when stopping in for a drink during the day.

Sandals Regency La Toc: The Pavillion: Casual Dinner Poolside

by cjg1 Updated Dec 1, 2011

The Pavilion Restaurant is the casual main restaurant at Sandals La Toc. It’s situated at the main building right next to the main pool. It is a large venue with soaring ceilings and opens on three sides to the pool area. When we arrived I was happy that the hostess sat us at a table for two overlooking the pool and the beach. I did love how the place looked at night all light up and set against the pool with sounds of the waves in the background; a perfect setting for a dinner for two.

Breakfast, lunch and dinner are served here. Dinners here usually have a theme: meat night, Southwestern, Caribbean, etc. We only at here once during on stay and that was on our arrival evening. The theme for the night was meat; the menu was full of different choices of cuts as well as seasonings/sauces. After perusing the choices; I decided to have the lamb. My wife choice the steak in a peppercorn sauce. There was a salad/appetizer/dessert buffet set up in the middle of the Pavilion which we decided to try. The buffet had a large assortment of salads, vegetables, dressings, cheeses, delicatessen meats, bread, soup, little sandwiches, crackers, olives and pastry. I particularly liked the large chunks of gorgonzola cheese they had for my salad…Yum. My wife enjoyed their roasted peppers and mozzarella.

We were no sooner finished with our salads when our entrees arrived (no Island Time service here). My Lamb was a nice sized portion and actually pretty good. Some pieces were fatty but it was a tasty piece of meat. The sauce on top was a sort of spicy BBQ stew with vegetables. My wife thought the meat quality was good but her dish was lacking in seasoning even for a peppercorn sauce. She did enjoy her garlic mashed potatoes that came with the dish; I stole a few forkfuls myself.

After such a meal; dessert was not in the cards. Maybe if we skipped the salads and the buffet we would have had some space in the stomach. We would have dined here again but we had so many other restaurant choices to try that it was impossible to do this one again.

Favorite Dish: The meat was very tasty but the sauces were just okay; needed seasoning. The buffet was a hit with me. I loved the large chunks of gorgonzola for my salad; quite nice.

• Bonkers11's Profile Photo

The Rain Forest Hideaway: Sunset at the Rainforest

by Bonkers11 Updated Nov 23, 2011

If you can go here it is awesome, the view isnt brilliant but you are situated in a bay where the sunsets between the two rocky hills at the entrance of the bay. We went here by water taxi from Rodney Bay, well worth the cost, the driver waits for you while you eat.
    I wont comment too much on the food except to say that it was delicious, the wine was also one of the best we had tried on the island.

If your planning a more romantic evening it is well worth looking at etting a water taxi, roughly 200 ECdollars, they take you there, wait for 3 hours and take you back - price and time from Risiduiet Beach

Sandals Regency La Toc: Kimono's: Hibachi Sushi

by cjg1 Updated Nov 16, 2011

Kimono’s is the Hibachi/Sushi restaurant at the Sandals La Toc Resort. This is one of the restaurants that require reservations and are hard to come by. I don’t understand why since the food in my opinion is pure garbage. The exterior and interior of the restaurant is impressive. The place is situated on a high hill jutting out above the water so the views are incredible. The interior is beautifully decorated and the staff is very nice.

We began by getting seated in a group of ten. Unfortunately; we were seated with people that had zero sense of humor and social abilities. My wife and I were thankful to have our friends Chris and Karen with us or the conversation would have been non existent. The waitress came and took our drink order and handed us menus. We were able to choose our appetizer, soup or salad and dessert. The main courses were already decided upon by the chef; we were asked if we had any allergies though. Appetizers were not good. The sushi did not taste good and the shrimp tempura was fried to a cement like hardness. The salad wasn’t bad but the dressing tasted off. Then came the main meal….

The chef went through the usual grill theatrics you’d expect at a Hibachi place; flaming volcano, food tossing etc. The only thing that annoyed me was when he began to pick on my wife. He had plated the chicken dish and passed it out to each guest. My wife doesn’t eat poultry so she put her portion on my plate since I enjoy chicken. He noticed this and asked her why she wasn’t eating. She replied that she has an aversion to poultry. Now this is where it should have ended but it didn’t. He went on a tirade of how ridiculous it is not to eat poultry etc. He didn’t go on a tirade when one of the other guests said she didn’t eat meat and wanted strictly vegetarian. It pissed me off and set the wrong tone for the remainder of the meal.

The food was way off. Gristle in the meat; either overly salted or bland vegetables; clumpy rice…..just garbage. Even the desserts were not good. After the chef tirade my wife wasn’t eating so we wound up leaving in search of other food.

I know some people rave about this place but obviously they have never eaten real sushi or good Hibachi food.

Sandals Regency La Toc: Armando's: Good Italian

by cjg1 Updated Nov 16, 2011

Armando’s is the Italian restaurant of the Sandals Regency La Toc Resort. The restaurant is situated in the bluffs area of the resort overlooking the sunset pool. They serve breakfast, lunch and dinner daily. What I like about this place is the views; truly spectacular of the pool and the beach below. I also like that there is both inside and outside dining; most restaurants here are either one or the other. During our stay at the resort we enjoyed a great breakfast here as well as two lunches.

Our first lunch here was with our friends; Karen and Chris. We decided to dine inside in order to beat the noon day heat and sun. We were seated at table by one of the windows with a view of the pool. The lunch menu had a nice selection of salads, soup, appetizers, pasta and Panini’s. We all decided to have the Caprese Salad as an appetizer. I chose a chicken Panini for my entrée and the others went for the rigatoni with fresh mozzarella and tomatoes.

We all loved our Caprese salad. The fresh mozzarella was very creamy and good. The tomatoes were nice and ripe. My Panini was okay…nothing to rave about. The bread was good but I was expecting real chicken in the sandwich not some deli sliced chicken. I did steal some of my wife’s rigatoni which was so good I wish I had ordered it. For dessert I had their Tiramisu which was very good; not as good as my Mother in law’s but still very good.

Our second lunch at Armando’s was just the two of us. We decided to sit outside since the morning rain shower cleared away a considerable amount of the humidity in the air. We had a nice shaded table for two with beautiful water views. This time I chose well and ordered the rigatoni with fresh mozzarella that I had envied the previous day. My wife chose the angel hair pasta in a pomodoro sauce. I was happy with my rigatoni and finished the whole plate. My wife enjoyed her angel hair but said it was too big of a portion to finish.

In all I think the food here was some of the best on this resort. I would though stay away from the Paninis.

Favorite Dish: The caprese salad is incredibly good and fresh. I loved the rigatoni with fresh mozzarella; the sauce is so good.

Sandals Regency La Toc: Armando's: Tasty Breakfast

by cjg1 Updated Nov 15, 2011

During our stay at the resort we enjoyed a great breakfast here as well as two lunches. Breakfast is good since it is both a la carte and buffet (smaller than the Pavilion Buffet). Our breakfast here we chose to sit inside to escape the humidity and impending rain clouds that were hovering overhead (good thing we did a huge cloud burst happened as we were eating breakfast; sending outside diners scrambling). The interior of the restaurant is quite large with floor to ceiling windows throughout. There are plenty of tables and booths in two dining sections on either side of their buffet area.

The breakfast menu had a variety of egg selections, pancakes, cereals and sides. The buffet had breads, pastry, cheeses, meats, yogurt and fruit. Breakfast for me was their pancake sandwich and some tea. Two pancakes with pineapple and coconut sandwiched together with pineapple topping and coconut shreds. It was very good and filing; sweet but not too sweet. The pancakes were nice and fluffy. Liz decided she wasn’t too hungry and chose a croissant and some fruit from the buffet along with a Mimosa.

Service here was very good; not on island time in the least.

Favorite Dish: The Pineapple coconut pancake sandwich.

• Bonkers11's Profile Photo

Hotel Chocolat: Chocolate Heaven

by Bonkers11 Written Nov 12, 2011

We arrived here after visiting the hot springs, thinking that a long drink and chill out would set us up for the journey back up to the North of the Island. However, I had never been here before, my friend, knowing that the chocolate shots were pretty darn good suggested it. We had one " something was missing" .."gin and tonice" so we stayed, The Pitons in the background, a thoroughly awesome view, with staff that had the right amount of attention. The evening continued with food, anything and everything had a chocolate twist to it, Steak in a port and chocolate sauce, pasta iwth chocolate sprinkles instead of pepper. It really was delicious. The wine was top rate too.

• Water Sports
    • Beaches
    • Diving and Snorkeling

Sandals Grande: Gordon's: Romantic Birthday Dinner

by cjg1 Updated Nov 4, 2011

Gordon's is one of the specialty restaurants located at the Sandals Grande. The restaurant is available complimentary for Butler guests by reservation(other guests have a fee). One of our Butlers, Donovan made the reservation for us on my wife's Birthday.

Gordon's is located on the edge of a pier on Rodney Bay. I musty say that my first impression of the place was Wow. The Pier was illuminated from below giving the water a blue glow. The restaurant itself was an intimate, open-air dining area with tables for two. We were seated at a table for two near the pier's edge. Our waiter came and intruduced himself and handed us menus. Our drink order was taken and we began to inspect our food choices.

Our drinks arrived and we placed our order: sea scallops for my appetizer, pumpkin soup and filet mignon for myself. My wife chose the spinach salad with apples and walnuts, pumpkin soup and the seafood platter. An Amuse-Bouche arrived from the chef as we waited. A tasty bite of goat cheese on a crostini with herbs. Our appetizers arrived soon after and I loved the scallops. My wife did not like her salad in the least nor did I after a taste. The pumpkin soup was next and we both thought it was good. A dish of lemon sorbet arrived as a palate cleanser.

Our main course arrived and I was very happy with my choice. The beef was a good cut and the sauce was to my liking flavor wise. My wife did not like her main course; she said it was unedible. Her platter was shrimp, fish, clams, mussels and crab covered in a butter sauce. She described it as tasting fishy and like Alfredo sauce. I couldn't convince her to tell the waiter of her dislike so she claimed she was full when he inquired about her full plate.

Dessert was easy for me; I wanted the cheesecake. Our waiter informed my wife that he had a special dessert for her. My dessert arrived first looking very good. Along came two waiters with a platter of desserts on a plate with Happy Birthday spelled out in chocolate. The waiters struggled to light the candle in the wind and finally managed to; when all of a sudden the wind blew out the candle. They were ready to try again when my wife convinced them to stop and that she already made her wish.

I was very pleased with my cheesecake; nice and creamy. My wife's dessert made up for her poor tasting entree. She expecially loved the cholate truffle and chocolate mousse cake. It was a perfect evening with a clear, starry sky...what a night to celebrate with my baby.

Sandals Regency La Toc: Neptune's: Pizza with a Beach View

by cjg1 Updated Nov 4, 2011

Neptune’s is the Mediterranean Casual restaurant at Sandals La Toc. They serve brick oven pizzas as well as more substantial food such as Panini’s, grilled seafood and pasta. What attracted us first to Neptune’s was the location; outside overlooking the beautiful beach. It really is a treat to have a nice lunch with a great view and the sound of the waves crashing in the background.

We ate lunch here several times during our stay and even had our butler deliver us some of their pizza poolside. The food here is good but portions of some things are on the small side. Just an example; my wife ordered some onion rings as an appetizer…she received three rings on a huge plate. Hmmmm…interesting. Same with the order of calamari….4 rings on a huge plate. The other food such as the sandwiches and pizza were normal human portions not kid portions. The pizza here are very good especially their pepperoni and South west pizza with jalapeños. The crust is thin and crispy just the way I like it.

Service is on island time but we didn’t mind since it was friendly and after all we were in Paradise.

**Several stray kitties live over in this area and sleep under the tables and chairs. Some guest were compalining about this but these poor creatures looked half starved and weren't bothering anyone. My wife and I snuck food to the kitties and the staff seemes to encourage it. So if you are not an animal lover don't eat here and if you do don't be mean to the cats (as some guests were).**

Favorite Dish: The pizza was my favorite; thin and crispy.

Sandals Regency La Toc: The Pavilion: Breakfast Buffet Poolside

by cjg1 Updated Nov 2, 2011

The Pavilion Restaurant is the casual main restaurant at Sandals La Toc. It’s situated at the main building right next to the main pool. It is a large venue with soaring ceilings and open on three sides to the pool area.

The buffet breakfast is served here daily as well as a lunch buffet. Dinner is sit down but casual. The breakfast buffet here has a nice selection of American breakfast items as well as local dishes. The buffet typically has: pancakes, French toast, yogurt, hot & cold cereal, cheeses, meats, bacon, sausage, ham, potatoes, fruit, pastries, juices, made to order eggs, fried plantains, fish, bagels, toast and muffins. Coffee, tea, mimosas and bloody Mary’s are available through the wait staff.

We ate breakfast most days here and twice at Armando’s. We preferred the breakfast buffet selection here and the location. Service here was good and food quality was better than anticipated for a buffet. I really enjoyed their breakfast potatoes, plantains and French toast. Bacon and sausage was very good and tasty; sausage was the think German style. My wife loved the French Toast and the toppings. She loves a good Cinnamon Sugar French Toast. Syrup was a disappointment; it was the artificial variety instead of real but I didn’t expect them to import it just for a resort buffet. The fruit selection was meager with most of the fruit being of the canned variety instead of the fresh local fare I was expecting but I guess it is cheaper to buy in bulk for a resort.

One drawback to this restaurant is that it is open air. Birds felt free to swoop through the dining room in search of an unattended plate in which to pick food off. There is a large guy shooing them away but my wife found it a bit unnerving on some days (she’s afraid of birds) so I did my best to stand guard of our food.

Favorite Dish: French Toast was delicious; nice thick slices. The bacon and sausage were very tasty.

Sandals Grande: Old London Pub: Good Pub Grub

by cjg1 Updated Oct 31, 2011

The Old London Pub is a casual pub/restaurant located on the property of the Sandals Grande. The pub is located to the back of the main lobby of the resort. The interior is quite spacious with a large number of tables throughout as well as pub tables and bar seating. On the left side of the bar is a separate billiards room for patrons. The décor has London Street signs, old fashioned sailing ships, paintings and similar décor.

Our first visit to the London Pub was for some drinks before our dinner at Gordon’s. I was immediately impressed by the service; friendly and attentive. Someone was always stopping by with a refill or to see if we wanted anything to eat. Kelvin was our favorite waiter; a really fun guy. I wanted something to eat as soon as I saw their extensive menu of pub fare but knew I had to hold off. The menu proved to be too tempting after I had a few pints of Guinness and we deiced to split an order of the Artichoke cheese dip. The dip was very good; a queso with bits of artichoke with tortilla chips for dipping. It was the perfect snack to tide us over until dinner.

Our second visit to the Pub was for dinner with our friends Chris and Karen. We ordered several appetizers: two orders of the artichoke cheese dip, battered shrimp and chips. For our entrees Chris and I went for the Steak & Chips, my wife had the Fish and Chips and Karen had the Shepherd’s Pie.

The dessert menu tempted us all so we had to indulge; after all it is vacation. Chris, Karen and I chose the rice pudding while my wife went for the apple tart. The Rice Pudding was served in tea cups and was delicious. My wife loved her tart that was in puffed pastry crust and smothered in a cheese cake tasting frosting. What a tasty end to a good meal.

Out of all the restaurant and bars; I would say this is where I felt most comfortable. I could easily hang here everyday and indulge in their good pub grub.

• Kahikili's Polynesian Grill: The ONLY Polynesian Restaurant in the West Indies

by markzsr Updated Apr 4, 2011

Kahikili's Polynesian Grill is the ONLY Polynesian restaurant in the West Indies (and possibly the Caribbean), featuring authentic cuisine from the Pacific Islands and Japan. Customers can dine in a relaxed, casual atmosphere while listening to the sounds of Hawai’ian reggae artists, kahiko chants and hula music. Some of the signature dishes include Huli-Huli Chicken, a thick Moloka’I Paniolo Steak, and various fresh sushi offerings. The staff is warm and friendly, the prices are very reasonable, and the customer service is excellent.

Favorite Dish: Truly the best price for a steak on the Island! The steak is marinated for at least four hour and then grilled to perfection. It was a 1” Angus cut. Really nice

• Cruise

See nearby hotels
Anse La Raye Hotels
2 Reviews - 19 Photos

Instant Answers: Saint Lucia

Comments

Saint Lucia Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Saint Lucia restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Saint Lucia sightseeing.
Map of Saint Lucia