Stores, Malls or Markets in Saint Lucia

More shops at the dock 2013

Most Viewed Shopping in Saint Lucia

Amazonas: Souvenirs at the Rain Forest Tram

by grandmaR Written Apr 5, 2013

At the end of the tram excursion, we had time to have a drink in the Hummingbird Café and shop and buy souvenirs. There were logo items, t-shirts, batiks, clothing and lots of souvenirs.

What to buy: I bought some items made from grass - little baskets and coasters

Amazonas shop Rainforest Cafe Pathway at the visitor's center Garden in the visitor's centery from the tram
    • Jungle and Rain Forest
    • Eco-Tourism

Eudovic Art Studio: Wood Carvings

by grandmaR Written Apr 1, 2013

Here was where they showed us how they did the wood carvings. They do the carvings out of one piece of wood and the wood itself tells them how to do it. They had wall plaques, masks, and abstract figures. They said they got the color by using shoe polish - Kiwi.

What to buy: We bought a small fish for our son-in-law. There is an on-line shop

Bob taking a photo of the wood carvings One of Bob's pictures A duck More views of the shop Entrance to the studios
    • Eco-Tourism

• Dabs's Profile Photo

Various: Souvenir shopping near the cruise docks

by Dabs Written Feb 20, 2011

All Caribbean ports have markets set up just outside the cruise docks and St. Lucia is not an exception. On our walk between the Carnival docks and the Princess docks we passed through the market for our dock and their dock, the individual shop keepers imploring you to come check out their wares. We weren't looking to buy anything but I was intrigued by the dolls that they sell, on one side there is a married lady in a traditional dress, you can tell because her hair is not covered, by the number of knots in her scarf and the earrings. Flip the skirt over her head to find the unmarried lady in her traditional dress, she has a different number of knots in her scarf and her hair is covered, no earrings. We 1st saw them on our tour, the ladies were selling them for $10. At the market, the prices and sizes varied and the ladies are willing to bargain. The quality also varies so be sure to look at a few before purchasing.

• cjg1's Profile Photo

Resort Shops: Souvenirs and Essentials

by cjg1 Written Aug 6, 2010

Sandals has several resort shops that carry everything from jewelry, clothing, souvenirs and tolietries. We always pick something up for the people back home especially baseball caps for my Dad and Father in law as well as a tee shirt for myself. Yes the prices can be a bit more than back home but heay I'm on vacation.

• canuckmike's Profile Photo

Sulphur Soap

by canuckmike Written Dec 4, 2008

What to buy: Well I normally don't buy bar soap but I thought why not and I figured it would make a decent cheap gift to give. It claims to relieve certain ailments such as acne, mosquito bites, skin rashes and some more. It does help with the bug bites I found but haven't tried it with anything else. I was hoping it would have a more of a sulphur smell for some reason but it smells like other bar soaps. It wasn't that much at all (I didn't pay attention as I got a few items at once). They sell these at the Drive in Volcano and among certain souvenir shops.

• canuckmike's Profile Photo

Kweyol Dictionary

by canuckmike Written Dec 1, 2008

What to buy: Well even though I suck with languages (I can't even speak English and that's my only language) I have an interest in dictionaries for smaller languages. In St. Lucia they speak a certain type of Creole that they call Kweyol. It's 325 pages long with some easy pages for the basics (body parts and numbers). In the kweyol side they also provide the words in a sentence. It's done by the Ministry of Education and costs around EC$ 38.

Kweyol Dictionary

• iam1wthee's Profile Photo

Craft Markets: Craft Markets

by iam1wthee Written Mar 19, 2008

I found the people in the craft markets 2 -3 blocks from the pier to offer reasonable prices and easier to deal with than other craft markets that I have been too. They were not pushy. They let you take your time to look around and see what you like. The prices are not listed on the items because you can haggle with them for a good price.

What to buy: Jewelry boxes, catch alls, pocket books, wallets, baskets, hats, clothes, towels, dolls etc

• maartenw's Profile Photo

Bananas galore!

by maartenw Updated Jul 30, 2006

What to buy: One of the weirdest and most unique things you can take home from Saint Lucia is banana ketchup! It may sound a bit strange, it looks pale orange, it consists of banana pulp, onions, garlic, vinegar and spices and it tastes more like ordinary (tomato) ketchup then bananas. Makes excellent chicken marinades .

What to pay: In a local JQ's supermarket in Vieux Fort we paid US$ 5 for 3 bottles in 2003. On the market in Castries we paid US$ 15 for 3 bottles in 2006 (same price on the airport).

Banana ketchup, banana wine, flag T-shirt, hat.

• KnMYoung's Profile Photo

Market near the Castries: Don't Buy the First Thing You See

by KnMYoung Written Jul 21, 2006

There is an open market place in the Castries near the Sandals Halcyon resort that has row after row of the same items. They are all selling them for different prices, so don't buy from the first people you see when you walk in the door. Someone else will sell you the same thing much cheaper in the back of the market. And you can go from vendor to vendor trying to negotiate the prices. Most of what we bought we got for half the price because we would get a deal from one person and then move to the next and say, "The person over there is willing to sell this item to me for ??? amount. What are you willing to sell it to me for?" We did this until we couldn't get them to go any cheaper.

What to buy: T-shirts, shot glasses, sarongs, etc... Basically any souvenir you can think of is available at this market place.

What to pay: Never accept their first price. Shop around before you buy anything.

• vrage's Profile Photo

street markets at castries bay area: collectables and local goods

by vrage Written Mar 26, 2004

this area is castries is a 2 part area.
    first there are vendor booths all lined up as if you are at a flea market. they offer clothing, souveniers, toys, and other goods. they all have basically the same stuff, -so make sure you negotiate best you can for a deal. if they won't do it, someone else will.

there is also a grocery store where locals shop. there is your best deal for goods. I got jerk spices, rum, beers, sauces and other goodies there.

What to buy: saint lucia makes their own "banana ketchup" and hot sauces.
    and keep your cooler full of "Piton" beer, a very refreshing lager.

castries bay area from the governors house

Roadside Stands: Vegetables and Souvenirs

by grandmaR Written Apr 5, 2013

As we drove around St. Lucia, we saw various roadside stands with things for sale. I haven't shopped at any of them

Lady trying to flag us down to buy bananas roadside stands from the bus men selling palm leaf baskets street fair

Saint Lucia Hotels

• Windjammer Landing Beach And Villa...

If you are looking for an elegant resort with spectacular views of the Caribbean and the island, the...

• Jade Mountain Resort

18 Reviews - 78 Photos
Anse La Raye Hotels
3 Reviews - 19 Photos

Instant Answers: Saint Lucia

Comments

Saint Lucia Shopping

Reviews and photos of Saint Lucia shopping posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Saint Lucia sightseeing.
Map of Saint Lucia