Saint Vincent Restaurants

Gem Isles Upstairs
  • The local flavor meal put together by Sindy
    The local flavor meal put together by...
    by bekssa
  • View of the counter and the outside eating area
    View of the counter and the outside...

Most Recent Restaurants in Saint Vincent

• bekssa's Profile Photo

Gem Isles Restaurant and Sports Bar: If you like local food --

by bekssa Written Jan 28, 2011
    Gem Isles Upstairs

This little "gem" was clean and had fantastic local food. I explained my quest for local cuisine to the owner, Sindy, and she proceded to make me a special feast with a sampling of all sorts of things that I had never tried anywhere before. Not only that, she even wrote down what they all were and was the best hostess/owner I've met in a very long time. What is strange is that I can't find her restaurant mentioned anywhere--and that is a real crime. Please go visit this woman's restaurant. She and her food deserve to have lots of us adventurous tourists. I'm serious. Don't miss this place if you like local food.

You will probably eat outside in the fresh air overlooking the pier. Nice breeze just completed the perfection of this meal.

Favorite Dish: My plate had the following (as written by Sindy): stew fish (fresh yellow fin tuna), cream potatoe pie, dashine, provision -- which consisted of sweet potatoes, eddoes and plantain. I cleaned it completely. Had to take the piece of cake back to the ship with me. It looked like a nice plain piece of bundt cake but when I ate it later that night-- I was so sorry that I hadn't tried it while I was still in the restaurant. A couple more piece of this heavenly cake would have gone back with me. And that's saying something when the ship has fabulous and free desserts available--I'd have gladly paid for a few more slices of this one!

• dbeatty's Profile Photo

Barefoot Restaurant: Casual dinner, St. Vincent

by dbeatty Updated Jan 31, 2007
    REstauant view

This restaurant is part of the Barefoot Yacht Charters/Hotel complex. We only went there for dinner. Looks like they have a great bar. A place for the yachties to hang out. It's on a hill with a nice view. We ordered pizza. My BBQ chicken pizza was very thick crust, not enough sauce and was there chicken on it? My husband had the meatlovers pizza. It was better. Casual.

• dbeatty's Profile Photo

Wallilabou "Pirates" Restaurant: Fabulous Local Food-St. Vincent

by dbeatty Written Jan 31, 2007
    Wallilabou Restaurant

This restaurant is on the film site of The Pirates of the Caribbean. Our cab driver/tour guide suggested we dine here for lunch. The server tells you what they have. I had Creole Fish and my husband had BBQ pork. They were both FABULOUS! With a beer and tip it was only $10 US pp. Right on the water! Fabulous breeze. Be careful you don't get splashed :) (and ladies, if you're a Johnny Depp fan...there's an interesting poster above the sink in the restroom!)

Favorite Dish: Creole Fish.

• trvlnurse's Profile Photo

Young Island resort: Island cuisine

by trvlnurse Updated Aug 31, 2003

Interestingly I would not think I would enjoy specific eating times and limited menus but the food is so good and the menu is based on what the fisherman caught that morning.
    The dining area is outdoors for all meals with simple but appealing decor and an ocean breeze.

Favorite Dish: Fresh fish, tropical fruits,fresh bread, and island preparations unique to me.

• chennaismartguy's Profile Photo

The French Verandha @ Mariners Hotel: Check out the Local Lamb Curry

by chennaismartguy Written Apr 13, 2006

Indian Bay @ St. Vincent, West Indies

Its nicely located @ the Indian Bay on the shores, good food, good bar counter, a very good ambience and excellent service.

Favorite Dish: I liked the Local Lamb curry, which tastes exactly like in India !!

Instant Answers: Saint Vincent

Comments

Saint Vincent Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Saint Vincent restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Saint Vincent sightseeing.

View all Saint Vincent hotels