Little San Salvador Things to Do

Beach cabanas
    by grandmaR
    Bob's picture from the ship
    Wake of a small boat

Best Rated Things to Do in Little San Salvador

• Gra8ful's Profile Photo

Half Moon Cay

by Gra8ful Written Sep 14, 2005

You can rent a Hobie Catamaran, Sunfish Sailboat, View Boards, Windsurfer Sailboards, kayaks, aqua cycles and float mats. There is even a separate area designated for these activities. There are volleyball and basketball courts, horseshoes and shuffleboard, a fitness trail with exercise stations and nature trails for hiking. On Half Moon Cay you can snorkel, SCUBA dive, jet-ski or even do some bone fishing. Of course, you can always just kick back and relax or have a beachside massage.

Half Moon Cay Beach
    • Luxury Travel
    • Seniors

• grandmaR's Profile Photo

Beach it

by grandmaR Written Dec 18, 2008

Coming here as a part of a Holland American cruise, they will give you the following options - (in alphabetical order)

* Aqua Trax Adventure (one hour tour on PWC)
    * Clamshell Sunshade Rental (two loungers)
    * Deep-Sea Fishing
    * Eco Lagoon Cruise in a glass bottom boat
    * Eco Lagoon Kayak Adventure - an hour+ tour in a kayak with a guide
    * Guided Tour by Bicycle (men's or women's - about 1.5 hours)
    * Historic Nature Walk (1.5 hours)
    * Hobie Catamarans (one hour)
    * Horseback Riding on the beach and in the water (1.25 hours)
    * Private Cabana (up to four guests) with an option of an upgrade for a Butler
    * Private Oasis - Palm Package - building partly over the water for up to 12 guests
    * Rental of snorkeling gear for the day (snorkeling on the beach with no coral)
    * Snorkel by boat (1.5 hours)

I have not done any of these things as I do not like being in the sun.

Beach cabanas Riding on the beach Wake of a small boat Sailboat Horses at waters edge and sailboat
    • Beaches
    • Horse Riding
    • Cruise

• grandmaR's Profile Photo

Parasailing

by grandmaR Updated Dec 18, 2008

I haven't done most of the activities that the ship offers at Half Moon. The activity that I HAVE done is parasailing. Bob didn't want to go with me, so he went back to the ship and took pictures from there with the digital camera, but you can't really tell it is me, as even at the max zoom the parachute is less than the size of a penny

The parasailing boat people didn't ask for my ticket - they just took my word for it that I was on the 10:30 trip. There were three others. An older man called Buddy who went first, a young girl and a young man. They gave each of them a life jacket - except me. They said that I would use Buddy's jacket when he finished with it. I assume that was because they didn't have two big ones. As each of us went, we got into a harness which was hooked to a line and then attached to a parachute. We sat on the aft deck of the boat and they reeled us out. When it came time for me to go they asked me if I was going to chicken out, but of course I was NOT.

I took my film camera up with me and took a whole roll of photos. I was up - I think higher than the ship. I saw the horseback riding where they swam the horses from the beach - I saw over the island, and to the other side. It was quiet up there - not even any wind.

When they wanted us back, they reeled us back in, and we were supposed to come in and stand on the deck. When they pulled me back in, they dunked me in the water. So when I came in, I wasn't standing up - I pulled up my feet and came in just above the deck sitting down. Then because of the pitching deck, I couldn't stand up without help from Buddy and the parasailing boat guy because there was nothing to hold onto.

Bob's picture from the ship Looking up at my chute Looking down on the ship Looking up at someone else parasailing Tow boat with the edge of my life jacket
    • Cruise
    • Beaches
    • Adventure Travel

• call_me_rhia's Profile Photo

what you can visit...

by call_me_rhia Updated Mar 28, 2009

Because the island of Half Moon Cay is privately-owned has thankfully not really been developed, it means that there’s very little there to see – and this is its charm. There’s a small straw market selling your usual average t-shirts and hats, a first aid/nurse station, a post office and a bizarre church/chapel.

Why this construction is there, it really makes no sense - as the island is not inhabited... it's a white wooden building in typical Bahamian style, with a bell tower (I did not see the bells, though) and with only two pews inside. Maybe for weddings?

the little church

• Horseback Riding on land and sea through Carnival

by meowdoc Written May 10, 2009

The horses were used to people. We rode on land then went into the ocean. The water was to the horses' chest, and they loved it. They worked hard to go as fast as they could in the water. Beautiful, pristine beaches. Really friendly stable hands.

• Horse Riding

Instant Answers: Little San Salvador

Comments

Little San Salvador Things to Do

Reviews and photos of Little San Salvador things to do posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Little San Salvador sightseeing.

View all Little San Salvador hotels