Places to eat in Grand Bahama Island

Bahama John
    by jlkorte
    Wedding party at Bahama John's
    by jlkorte
    My friend and I enjoying the house wine
    by iilovepiink

Most Viewed Restaurants in Grand Bahama Island

• 1 more image

Bahama John's Seafood-N-Rib Shack: Best food and Bahama beach atmosphere on the enti

by jlkorte Updated Jan 30, 2011

We just had our son's wedding party at Bahama John's. It was AMAZING! From the incredible barbeque to the island favorites (like conch fritters, delectible grouper "fingers", conch salad to die for) as well as the best Mac & Cheese I've ever put in my mouth, to an atmosphere you can find nowhere else on the island. The best of all is the owner John, his wife Rebecca, their daughter - the up and coming Miss Mari, their right hand - do everything - bar tender, waitress, and volley ball playing Miss Allie. They absolutel knocked themselves out to make this wedding party the event of a lifetime. Kid you not, this is our second time on the island and we've eaten at lots of restaurants here. Bahama John's is #1 on the Island.

Favorite Dish: Love the Barbeque ribs and the conch fritters and the Mac 'n Cheese. The ribs are Bahama John's specialty brought from his time in the states but with an island flavor. The conch fritters are the best on the island and the Mac'n Cheese is like no other you've ever tasted - deeeeelicious!

• Irina80's Profile Photo

Caribbean cafe: I aint the expert but that fish was fresh!

by Irina80 Written Jul 2, 2009

Friendly, unassuming eatery located in Port Lucaya Marketplace. Bahamian specialties and fresh local seafood and fish make up the menu, it is simple but delicious homestyle cooking

Favorite Dish: After I was finished with the freshest snapper I've ever tasted I wanted to lick the plate :)

• Irina80's Profile Photo

Sparky's bar: Awesome pina

by Irina80 Written Jul 2, 2009

Delicious fresh made pina coladas!!! Friendly bartender, after mixing a pina he'd poured rum on top of the mix in the glass which made all the difference!!:)...nice little place, looks like it's been renovated recently, mohitos to die for....did I mention awesome pinas?..:)

• School Holidays

• Pisces: Decent Pizza, call before for reservations

by jgrathwol Written Jul 17, 2008

I was dining alone, but if you go with more than one person, definitely make reservations especially on the weekend. I ordered a small mushroom (not on menu) pizza to go. It is pricey. Would I do it again? Probably not. Pizza was decent, but almost...bland, I prefer Pizza Hut. It didn't have as much spice as I thought it would. I ordered a small and had leftovers. If I went again, I would try something else.

Favorite Dish: No favorite, pizza was just ok.

• Zorba's: Go for the food, not the service

by jgrathwol Written Jul 17, 2008

Ate there 3 times while I was there. Went for breakfast, restaurant was basically empty. Had superb service and the feta omelette was decent. Went for dinner when more tables were filled. Service was horrible. I was seated. No one dropped off anything, not even water or bread. I thought about stealing some bread from the table next to mine whose party had just left. Closed menu to let them know I was ready. Finally grabbed a waitress going by and ordered. Gyro was pretty good, however. 3rd time, I just ordered take out, knowing what the service was like. My advice? Go when it's not crowded or get take-out and get a better view eating on the beach. Everyone says "don't rush things" when you get to the Bahamas, but they're not probably not hungry!

Favorite Dish: Gyro. Cheap and filling.

• Miranda5881's Profile Photo

Bikini Bottom @ Old Traveler's Rest (Williamstown): Don't miss the best cracked conch on the island!

by Miranda5881 Updated Mar 26, 2007

Bikini Bottom is a new bar and grill that has only been open since Nov. 2006. If you are looking for a nice place on the beach with great service, this is the place! It is right on the beach and has a huge patio to just sit and enjoy the laid back atmosphere and music.
    And don't miss Rake and Scrape on Sat. nights where they have drink specials and dancing to Bahamian music.
    Also....bring your laptop, they have Wireless Internet.

Favorite Dish: Fried Pickles, mushrooms, and zuccinni. They have the best cracked conch on the island. You can get appetizers or a nice dinner. And again Service is great.

• Women's Travel
    • Singles

Luciano's: A little French on the water

by tpangelinan Written Jan 28, 2007

Luciano's was the best restaurant we found on Grand Bahama Island, the food here is wonderful, fresh and perfectly seasoned. The view is really nice at night over looking the square and the marina. You can taste the quality in the food it's so fresh, the service is top of the line all the way. This was part of our wedding package so the pastor really knows good food! We sat out on the upper desk facing the marina and it was so romantic and relaxing. The wait staff did not try to rush you or make you wait to long for some thing and your glass was never empty. Looking for a romantic night out this would be the place that will set the mood.

Favorite Dish: Terry and I both had the Steak and Lobster and OMG it was so good and tender, the steak melted in your mouth. Fresh steamed veggies and the lobster with real melted butter and a wonderful salad too.

• Wine Tasting

• tpangelinan's Profile Photo

Diamond Sunrise Restaurant & Bar: Diamond Sunrise Restaurant & Bar: Grab a bite on t

by tpangelinan Written Jan 28, 2007

We started out trying to find a place the locals had suggested called Bishops, it wasn't on the water so we went the the one that was, and found this little place right on the beach. Only one person working and she was very friendly, the food was good and the price was right too, plus it was on the beach as you will see by the photos.

• Beer Tasting

The Pub at Port Lucaya: Place to eat on the water

by tpangelinan Written Jan 28, 2007

While roaming around the Market we got hungry and stopped in here. The food was pretty good, prices about average, the view was great, people were friendly but the service was OK at best, but all in all not a bad place to eat. This place was rather busy, we thought it kind of suprising for Christmas time. We would eat here again, the food range was from Jamaican to Bahemian to local American, Terry had the jerk chicken, I had nachos, bill came to about $25.

• Beer Tasting

• VolsUT's Profile Photo

Lucaya resturants

by VolsUT Written Nov 14, 2006

The lucaya shopping area has many nice resturants some fast food and even a grocery store. The resturants are extreamly expensive the fast food is very expensive and the grogery store is expensive. If you look to save money and even eat at a reasonable price you would be well advised to get your food at the store.

• fmaven's Profile Photo

The Pub at Port Lucaya (formerly Pusser's): Watch Out for that Rum Punch

by fmaven Written Sep 15, 2005

The Pub at Port Lucaya is located in the Marketplace area overlooking the water and Count Basie Square. You can sit outside, but inside is still inviting with dark wood and a nautical theme. The waiters are very friendly. He looked at me and started laughing when he brought me my BUCKET of rum punch. Yes, a little bucket of the deceptively sneaky stuff. It was very good with 5 types of flavored Cruzan rum in it so...well. Let's just say that I had a great meal...although I think that the young woman who had to be helped upstairs to the restroom had an even better one.

Favorite Dish: I had the shepherd's pie and it was actually pretty good. I was expecting pub-style fare and that's what I got.

• iilovepiink's Profile Photo

Pass on the Chinese Food

by iilovepiink Written Jul 26, 2005

My friend and I wanted a typical Bahamian dish but most of the restaurants were closed or very expensive so we opted for Chinese because it was available and cheap. Chinese food is terrible here! Greasy, burnt... Ugh! Even the cocktail was bad, with a whole bunch of tasteless pulp.

• iilovepiink's Profile Photo

Pisces: Best Pizza and Wine in the Bahamas

by iilovepiink Written Jul 26, 2005

This great restaurant is located in the Our Lucaya Marketplace, right across the street from the Casino at the Our Lucaya Resort.

Favorite Dish: The house wine is marvelous! As is their Zinfandel. And the pizza is great! My friend and I loved it so much that we went back for dinner the following night. When we did, it was packed but the hostess remembered us from the night before and gave us a great table almost immediately.

• Wine Tasting

Old Bahama Bay Hotel
Port Lucaya Resort & Yacht Club
1 Review & Opinion

Instant Answers: Grand Bahama Island

Comments

Grand Bahama Island Restaurants

Travel tips and advice posted by real travelers and Grand Bahama Island locals.
Map of Grand Bahama Island