Nassau Nightlife

Most Recent Nightlife in Nassau

• Bahamas Food Adventures: Party Bus Dinner Tour

by Francisdemi Written Dec 27, 2012

So my friends and I just did the party bus dinner tour in Nassau and had an awesome night!!!!
    Our evening began with a pick up at our hotel (the Sheraton). We hopped on the bus and were greeted by Jay the bartender. With the sounds of calypso music playing, 2 of my friends made a B-line straight to the stripper pole...eh-hem...correction "stability pole" in the center of the bus' dance floor and we all knew we were in for a fun night! After a brief stop at a nearby beach for a champagne toast at sunset, we were taken to a private residence for a traditional Bahamian dinner. The food was great but the company was even better. After dinner, we once again boarded the party bus and were off to 3 local watering holes for Bahamian bar-hopping. This was my third trip to Nassau and by far was the most fun I've ever had outside of hotel nightlife.

Dress Code: Island club wear

• Gay and Lesbian

• cjg1's Profile Photo

Schooner's: Nautical Themed Bar

by cjg1 Updated Feb 3, 2009

Schooner's is a nautical themed bar with nice ocean views. It's a nice quiet place and there isn't aot of people since it's a non-smoking bar. Liz and I spent some time here relaxing, enjoying some drinks and watching the waves outside the window.

• Singles

• Bambu: Insulting Racist Management

by mytravels77 Updated Dec 19, 2008

I was appalled to go to this club/restaurant and find out it is just like the old "South Africa". I went for a nice Friday night out and was abused and insulted by the Management as I tried to enter around midnight. It seems they have a "private" policy not to allow ANY BLACK BAHAMIANS into this establishment and guise it with rude antics and demand for memberships and ID's when the White people are greeted and welcomed in with ease without the need of an interrogation.

I provided my UK driving license as my ID and once they saw this they STILL continued to abuse me and blocked me at the door and it was very clear to me they did not want any Black people in this club especially after the management DIRECTLY told me to go somewhere else!. From what I saw from the entry door had I of been allowed inside I would of been the ONLY "YES ONLY" Black person in this club in the middle of the BAHAMAS!

I suggest and advise any Black people and/or White people going to Bahamas for a holiday to avoid/boycott this club at all cost, the club is not in tune with the changing times and they have proved they have no respect for Black people at all.

After the interrogation of about 12 fast fired questions in succession I said I do not need this and decided to just go and just then the Management then SHOUTED at me "...ok so with that attitude you better go somewhere else!"

Can you believe the cheek, arrogance and racism of this place!

• School Holidays

• onestepaway's Profile Photo

Senor Frogs: The Party Was At Senor Frogs

by onestepaway Written Jun 23, 2007

So, we ate dinner on the boat and we sat in our room and debated about going out after dark, we heard so many bad things about being out after dark, even the crusie line warned us to stick to the dock railing that leads you into town, it was well lit. I was amped to go and my girl caved in, we were off! We hit the town for our final time, we stuck to the railing all the while watching our backs and still in plain view of our ship and our destination. Senor Frogs! The place was going off and as neared, it got louder and we got more excited. We brought a water bottle filled with our own rum and drank it along the way. This place was packed and the vibe was nothing like I have ever seen. We was people letting loose and have fun. We even saw our waiters from the crusie line dancing having fun. She was so nice and it was good to see her out, partying! We had a few drinks while we were there and I think I actullay danced, maybe!? By the time we left there, there was no way we could possibly walk back to our crusie ship, so I grabbed us a taxi. We felt he was a bit odd, he drove like a crazy person and we were there in no time! It was safe the whole time. The walk over, I sensed a few weird stares but I let it be. This place is a must see!!!!

• Singles

• lashr1999's Profile Photo

Flamingo Café: Flamingo Café

by lashr1999 Written Aug 23, 2006

Flamingo Café
    The Flamingo café has been described as ‘a little bit of Havana in downtown Nassau.’ Inside there is a bar area and some tables with chair. It is a small place where you can relax and sit and have a drink. Try a Mohito if you haven’t had one before. They are good but not like the great ones I had in Barcelona Spain where they crush the mint leaves in. We went back here to party all 3 nights we were here. They play a mixture of Cuban and Spanish music. Outside there is a stage that you can dance on. That’s what we did the first night we were there. Be warned they do tend to play the same cd over and over and some nights the crowd isn’t there. On some Friday and Saturday nights a band or singer may perform on stage late at night. On the Friday night we went, the signer performed beautifully. However, when she asked my friend to dance, my friend Jessie who normally is the first one to dance had to shy away because she was too sunburned. We all called it an early night because we all felt the same. On Saturday, when we went we were all feeling better, we listened to the singer perform and danced the whole. We walked between this place and Senor Frog and even were going to go to the Fluid Lounge which was too crowded so we headed back. We ended up staying until the placed closed 3:30A. Thank goodness our Hotel the British Colonial Hilton was on the same block. It was brutal catching the 6A flight the same morning but that’s the price of fun I guess.

• sweetheart519's Profile Photo

Wyndham Casino or Atlantis Hotel: Gambling

by sweetheart519 Written May 23, 2006

Casino, Atlantis Hotel

If gambling is your thing, there are two major casinos on the island. For those staying on or near Cable Beach, you can go to the Wyndham Casino. For those on Paradise Island, go to the Atlantis Hotel. The casino at the Atlantis is fancy, but really if you want to gamble what's the difference?

Dress Code: Everyone dresses differently, no specific dress code. I wore a dressier outfit one evening and felt a bit overdressed though. Don't come in in your swimsuit, be sure to at least wear shorts.

• Willettsworld's Profile Photo

Crystal Palace Casino: Crystal Palace Casino

by Willettsworld Written Mar 4, 2006

Located next door to where I was staying on Cable Beach, this was all the nightlife I found in this area. I came in here a few times as I like to play blackjack and I also came in here to the restaurant for their breakfast buffet and I had an evening meal as well.

Open: Daily 10am-4am.

• XanderDone's Profile Photo

Fish Fry: Junkanoo!

by XanderDone Written Jun 22, 2005

Junkanoo at the Fish Fry

Every Sunday night, there is a Junkanoo fesival here at the Fish Fry in the Junkanoo Pavillion. What it is is the people in big sparkly costumes with flamboyant feathers and rhinestones clad to their headdresses playing local music and practicing for the Junkanoo competition in December. It is a year-round event that happens, and you will see returning champions perform here with their man-made goatskin drums (if you're lucky enough, you may even witness a goat sacrifice for the use of the skin to make another drum). Truly a sight to see, I wouldn't miss it for the world if you had the opportunity to see it.

Dress Code: Very casual, fun-loving atmosphere, suitable for the whole family

• dreeve's Profile Photo

Tongue of the Ocean: Night time on the ocean

by dreeve Written Jun 19, 2005

sunset in the winter sky

The best night time activity I have found is being on the ocean when the sun is going down and the moon is coming up.

The water resembles liquid mercury as it changes from blue to silver, then to darkness.

When the moon is visible, one can actually see the reefs below and fish (sharks) feeding.

Fishing at night generally brings in some really great fish.

Dress Code: During the winter months, plan on a t-shirt plus a sweater or sweatshirt as it will be very cool on the open water.

Even during the spring and fall months, it will be cool.

During the summer months, be prepared for a rain shower and dress accordingly.

• Fishing
    • Beaches
    • Eco-Tourism

• Senor Frog's: Senor Frog's

by grkboiler Written Nov 28, 2004

The famous Senor Frog's is probably the most well-known party place in Nassau. It is one in a chain of Mexican restaurants with music and dancing, conga lines, contests, and a party atmosphere. It is loaded with tourists looking for a good time.

Dress Code: Anything

• realde14's Profile Photo

Fluid Lounge: Great Music

by realde14 Written May 12, 2004

This place is pretty good with lot's of Reggae, Hip Hop, and R&B. Frequented by locals and tourists a like. It is not one of those mega tourist dance emporiums, more like an old dance hall converted into a lounge. Doesn't get going until 11pm

• pieter_jan_v's Profile Photo

Waterfront: Waterfront walk

by pieter_jan_v Written Dec 19, 2003

Cruise Ships at night

I was surprised walking along the waterfront on sunday night with no cruise ships moored and there almost was nobody around. It was a strange contradiction with the hassle of cabdrivers and other baggers for money when a cruise ship is along.

• Luxury Travel

• lucasmc's Profile Photo

The jungle and yacht club: Chill Bars

by lucasmc Updated Apr 8, 2003

The Jungle is south of the Casino on Paradise Island. Its a small little spot boat people go to, some tourists stumble upon it because its close to the casino. Ask around and someone can tell you how to get there. Its a nice change of pace from the casino.
    There is a small tiki bar on the harbor by the yacht club. If you start walking over the bridge from Paradise Island you will see it on your left. They have good live music that can take requests. Mostly tourists that have come by big fancy yachts.

Dress Code: no dress code

• missdanyj's Profile Photo

ATLANTIS HOTEL, OUTSIDE POOLS...

by missdanyj Updated Oct 4, 2002

ATLANTIS HOTEL, OUTSIDE POOLS AND CASINO
    LOTS OF PEOPLE WITH LOTS OF MONEY...PERFECT FOR GOLD-DIGERS,LOL

Dress Code: OUTSIDE POOL CASUAL, IF YOU ARE A GOLD DIGGER, TRY CASUAL OR SEXY DESIGNER / NAUTICAL WEAR...TRY TO LOOK LIKE YOU JUST GOT OF A YACHT LOL.

• gabriellefox's Profile Photo

The major hotels lay on...

by gabriellefox Written Oct 4, 2002

The major hotels lay on regular evening entertainment but for a real Bahamian nightclub ask the locals.
    You have not really experienced the real Bahamas until you have spent a night out with the locals. Their clubs are for dancing and whether you are 18 or 80 you will have a great time!

Dress Code: Casual.

Instant Answers: Nassau

Comments

Nassau Nightlife

Reviews and photos of Nassau nightlife posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Nassau sightseeing.