Compass Point Restaurant, Nassau

4 out of 5 stars 3 Reviews

Compass Point half rack ribs and chicken
  • Compass Point Restaurant
    Compass Point Surf and Turf
  • badgerb's Profile Photo

Compass Point Restaurant Nassau Bahamas: Average But Pricey

by badgerb Updated Mar 16, 2009

This is a tourist trap above all else. This restaurant has a captive audience for the most part staying at their resort. I have stayed on many Caribbean islands and Nassau's selection and choices are minimal at best. This restaurant is not worth the money. For three of us with one bottle of wine we paid $258.00. We ordered two Bahama Mamas and I tasted no liquor (unlike other restaurants and bars on the island) which caused the drink to taste overly sweet. The baked brie with a mango sauce had no sauce. There were 4 pieces of cantaloupe (not mango) on the plate which were dry. The cracked calamari came in one clump all stuck together. The conch fritters weren't bad probably the best we had on the island. That is not saying much as we only tried it at three other different places. We wanted to try the snapper but it said it was a filet not the whole fish so it could have been purchased from a supermarket. I ordered the surf and turf. The filet mignon was cooked rare as I ordered it but covered in a pepper sauce that over whelmed everything. The lobster tail was huge but came with the lemon butter sauce already on it. There was so little of it I could barely taste it. I had to ask for a separate carafe which had no warming tray. My wife ordered the half rack of ribs and chicken. The ribs were fine. The chicken was so dry it caused me to choke on it as I tried to swallow it. The best part of the meal was the cheesecake but anyone can make a half decent cheesecake (no fresh fruit coulis on it). I ordered an amaretto to go with my cheesecake and the table attendant brought me an amaretto sour. This was a meal that if I had paid $125.00 for three I would have said OK I will accept that. For $258.00 I don't expect Anthony Bourdais to walk out of the kitchen but I at least want one dish where I go WOW. Not worth the price. If you go there stick with the appetizers. Conch Fritters, spring rolls but that is it. Service staff are attentive and friendly but uninformed.

Favorite Dish: Cheese Cake was the best part of this restaurant. Subtle cheese flavor not over powering.

• gabriellefox's Profile Photo

Compass Point Restaurant: There are some great...

by gabriellefox Updated Oct 5, 2003

Creole Prawns

There are some great restaurants all over the island and something for all tastes and pockets. Head to the Atlantis Hotel if you enjoy a five star meal and attention but try the smaller local bars and restaurants for a real taste of the Bahamas.

The oceanfront restaurant at Compass Point serves local delicacies with a distinct Caribbean flair. Breakfast, lunch and dinner are served al fresco overlooking the ocean. The restaurant continues to be a hot spot for hotel guests, island visitors and local residents. It features innovative menu items such as Bahamian Conch or Sushi Rolls with mango, cucumbers, wasabi and pickled ginger; and pan roasted grouper with peas and rice, fried sweet plantain and spicy Creole sauce.

Full breakfast from 7:30 a.m. - 11:30 a.m., lunch from Noon - 3:00 p.m., and dinner from 6:30 p.m. - 10:00 p.m. A bar (snack) menu is available throughout the day from 10:00 a.m. until late night.

Room service is also available.
    Alfresco eating at its best.

Favorite Dish: Fresh fish and lobster have to go down as my favourite menu item.

• leffe3's Profile Photo

Compass Point Restaurant: Compass Point Restaurant

by leffe3 Updated Jul 16, 2003

Fabulous location - part of the luxury intimate hotel. Arriving at the 'complex' through the reception, you wander into the sea-front location and the 'rooms' of the hotel (multi-coloured wooden huts spread out around the pool and the various walkways, most of which overlook or wind themselves through the rocky beach). Discreet lighting pathes the way with the restaurant jutting in part out to sea. The nice thing about this place is that while the hotel is very exclusive (read expensive), the restuarnt is the right mix of informal (not a linen tablecloth in sight and music/conversation is loud enough to add atmosphere, quiet enough not to be intrusive) and formal (ie great service).
    Its not cheap though!

Favorite Dish: Fish (but not exclusively)

Instant Answers: Nassau

Comments

Hotels Near Compass Point Restaurant
4.0 out of 5 stars