Ichiban, Nassau

Sunset across the Harbor from the Marina
    by grandmaR
  • Ichiban's: Lousy Service

by B-Traveler Written Sep 20, 2008

The food was so-so, nothing to go out of your way for. But the service was terrible. Absolutely terrible. Employees standing around while customers look for service. The manager doesn't know what he is doing. He was just standing around with his employees, basically ignoring the customers.

Favorite Dish: Bottled water.

• grandmaR's Profile Photo

Ichiban Sushi Steak & Seafood Restaurant: Japanese

by grandmaR Updated Aug 8, 2005

Sunset across the Harbor from the Marina

This is a restaurant on the top floor of the hotel overlooking the marina. The restaurant specializes in sushi, but the menu warns not to order something and then decide you don't like it because you will have to pay for it anyway. So I hesitated to order sushi because I know nothing about it.

Favorite Dish: The only thing I could be sure I would like was the tempora, which Bob's best man's fiancee served to us one time. She was a Navy brat who had been in Japan. We each got a tempora appetizer - Bob got shrimp. I had beef and also had asparagus as a salad.

The table slip says:

Iced tea (3) $6.00 (they charged Bob for a second refill)
    Beef Yakitori $6.00
    Ebi Tempora $15.95 (I think that was Bob's shrimp)
    Yasai Tempora $8.95 (my asparagus tempora)
    Garden Salad $4.50

We also had ice cream tempora ($4.95 @) which was very good - really the best part of the meal.

Dinner for two cost $59.00 even though we had just appetizers, a salad, tea and dessert. I thought it was way too expensive. Also when the tempora cools off it is greasy.

Instant Answers: Nassau

Comments

Hotels Near Ichiban
3.5 out of 5 stars