Paradise Island/Atlantis, Nassau

Hurricane Hole
    by j986gtf6
  • Skam's: The best conch fritters

by poconomama Written Dec 7, 2006

My family and I were strolling on Bay Street when we spotted a resturant called "Skam's". The service was excellant, the lunch menu was large filling and delicious. Thay have the best conch fritters. The also have a childrens menu that was wonderful for my seven year old. Good food, good people and wonderful music.

Favorite Dish: The seafood platter

• j986gtf6's Profile Photo

Paradise Island/Atlantis: Least Expensive at Atlantis

by j986gtf6 Updated Aug 28, 2006

Murrys Deli

You can eat at the Atlantis and not break your budget. Before we left for the Atlantis last year I read alot of posts about the food being very expensive, alot of it is. There are many highend type restaurants that you can easily spend $100 or more a person. But there are ways to eat for less.
    First for lunch we usually just got a burger or hotdog and fries near the pool areas. They have little fast food stands for a quick bite with specials like 2 burgers fries and sodas for about $14 or $15 I don't remember the exact price. Also for lunch or diner you can go to Murrays Deli in the Atlantis. They have large portions you can eat there for lunch and diner for under $40 for two people. The macaroni and cheese is very good. One night my wife and I orderer the mac and cheese and open turkey, we shared the dishes with 2 sodas we paid under $40. Probably breakfeast is the hardest to do cheap. The breakfeast buffet at the Atlantis is excellant but cost either $20 or $25. There is a little pastry shop in the beach tower section for a donut and coffee also for breakfeast. You can also walk about 1/4 mile to Hurricane Hole shopping center to grab an egg sandwich or platter for about $6 to $8. This links goes to my google page with an overview picture then that links to many more pictures.

My Google Link

• HotSpotJ's Profile Photo

Paradise Island/Atlantis: Expensive but Nice

by HotSpotJ Written Mar 1, 2005

Aquarium seating

Great food but oh so pricey. Also, go into town and eat if you want real Bahamian food, this place is great but doesn't give you that feel of true island life. It was cool eating with that aquarium wrapped around the room in the main restaurant, though. The marketplace cafe' area was good, too.

• steelstud's Profile Photo

Modified American plan: Atlantis Meal Plan

by steelstud Written Mar 2, 2004

We purchased the modified american food plan and we had our choice of all but the gourmet plans "Hall of Waters" which is the nicest view because it is below water level and the walls are glass.Basicaly you are looking into a huge aquarium with all sorts of sea life.

Favorite Dish: Most of the resteraunts in Atlantis were buffet style with other food prep stations (omlettes for breakfast and pasta or mongolian BBQ at dinner) Lots of fresh seafood including lobster(lobster is not all you can eat sorry).They also have a New York style jewish delicattesen named "Murrays". All the food was good quality.

• Aquarium