A New Perspective
Hire a boat or take an excursion so you can look back to land as well as to look out to sea. There are many tour operators who are licensed, ask at your hotel reception for more details.Related to:
- Spa and Resort
Christ Church Cathedral
The Christ Church Cathedral, built in 1837, has a beautiful stained-glass windows and an impressive interior.
Greek Orthodox Church
The Greek Orthodox Church is the focal point of the large Greek community in Nassau. It is an interesting little blue and white building.
The scenery at the port area is delightful. Grab your camera and capture some memories of sunny days.
In 1492, Christopher Columbus made his first landfall in the New World on the island of San Salvador in the eastern Bahamas.
His statue is in front of the Government House.Related to:
- Hiking and Walking
Take a walk in the city
If you want to see how real islanders live, go walk in the city, but do not go at night. Just don't walk around the touristy harbor, go deep where the people live.
Away from the pink of the colonnial public buildings are the homes of Bahamaians - a striking and colourful environment.
There's a lot of money on the Bahamas (a lot of poverty too) - best indicated by this old colonnial ruin. Its been abandoned for years - and outside was the wreck of an E-Type jag!
Orange Hill Beach
With the exception of locals walking their dogs, we had this beach to ourselves. 8 miles outside Nassau, 3 miles from Cable Beach. A few small hotels or bars along the road.
We spent our honeymoon here in August 2006. This is an adult, couples-only, all-inclusive resort,...more
I stopped off at the Compass Point restaurant for lunch on 10/4/2011 and ordered the grilled fish of...more
Was very disappointed when we arrived. The resort looked nothing like the pictures on the internet....more
Latest Nassau Hotel Reviews
- Paradise Island Harbour Resort
- Great (4.0 out of 5.0) 7 Reviews
- Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort & Offshore Island
- Great (4.0 out of 5.0) 12 Reviews
- Wyndham Nassau Resort & Crystal Palace Casino
- Pleasant (2.5 out of 5.0) 9 Reviews
- SuperClubs Breezes Bahamas
- Very Good (3.5 out of 5.0) 7 Reviews
- Blue Water Resort at Guanahani Village
- Terrible (1.0 out of 5.0) 1 Review
- Orange Hill Beach Inn
- Excellent (4.5 out of 5.0) 3 Reviews
- South Ocean Golf & Beach Resort
- Good (3.0 out of 5.0) 1 Review
- Towne Hotel
- Very Good (3.5 out of 5.0) 1 Review
- British Colonial Hilton Nassau
- Very Good (3.5 out of 5.0) 10 Reviews
- Save up to 50% off Hotels Everyday
- Expedia.com Photos, Reviews and the Guaranteed Lowest Prices
- Save money, Book now!
- Booking.com Excellent choice, Low rates
Explore the World
- Eugene Hotels
- Bagan Luar Hotels
- Saint-Gilles-les Bains Hotels
- Mambakkam Hotels
- Salerno Things to Do
- Inverness Things to Do
- Appleton Things to Do
- Warner Bros Studio Tour
- Jiddah Things to Do
- Damnoen Saduak Floating Market -Daytrip
- Roermond Things to Do
- Costa Mesa Things to Do
- Fortaleza Things to Do
- Sirmione Things to Do
- Bemidji Things to Do
- The Karen Long Neck Hilltribe Settlement