Walk the streets
Nassau itself is not the most exciting of towns, there being little in terms of 'stand outs', but a few hours strolling the streets reveals colonnial Caribbean at its simplest.
Walk and Shop
Great place to walk around, take pictures of some buildings of historical significance and of course shop. And make sure you bargain.
I know, I've mentioned it a few times already, but really it's the most memorable thing about Nassau for me.
There's a lot of money on the Bahamas (a lot of poverty too) - best indicated by this old colonnial ruin. Its been abandoned for years - and outside was the wreck of an E-Type jag!
Away from the pink of the colonnial public buildings are the homes of Bahamaians - a striking and colourful environment.
Orange Hill Beach
With the exception of locals walking their dogs, we had this beach to ourselves. 8 miles outside Nassau, 3 miles from Cable Beach. A few small hotels or bars along the road.
Pirates of Nassau
The Pirates of Nassau is an interactive museum whare you can explore the prita history of the Bahamas.
Admission: $12 .00 (adult)
Mo-Sa: 9AM - 6PM
Su: 9AM - NoonRelated to:
- Historical Travel
- Museum Visits
- Family Travel
Junkanoo Beach Bahamas was a nice beach close by to where we could walk to from getting off the cruise ship.Related to:
- Hiking and Walking
Find a patch of sand
This was the much sought-after beach that my brother and I spent an hour walking through dodgy parts of Nassau to find...
We spent our honeymoon here in August 2006. This is an adult, couples-only, all-inclusive resort,...more
I stopped off at the Compass Point restaurant for lunch on 10/4/2011 and ordered the grilled fish of...more
Was very disappointed when we arrived. The resort looked nothing like the pictures on the internet....more
Latest Nassau Hotel Reviews
- Paradise Island Harbour Resort
- Great (4.0 out of 5.0) 7 Reviews
- Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort & Offshore Island
- Great (4.0 out of 5.0) 12 Reviews
- Wyndham Nassau Resort & Crystal Palace Casino
- Pleasant (2.5 out of 5.0) 9 Reviews
- SuperClubs Breezes Bahamas
- Very Good (3.5 out of 5.0) 7 Reviews
- Blue Water Resort at Guanahani Village
- Terrible (1.0 out of 5.0) 1 Review
- South Ocean Golf & Beach Resort
- Good (3.0 out of 5.0) 1 Review
- Orange Hill Beach Inn
- Excellent (4.5 out of 5.0) 3 Reviews
- Towne Hotel
- Very Good (3.5 out of 5.0) 1 Review
- Save up to 50% off Hotels Everyday
- Expedia.com Photos, Reviews and the Guaranteed Lowest Prices
- Save money, Book now!
- Booking.com Excellent choice, Low rates
Explore the World
- Sedona Hotels
- Medina Hotels
- Laguna del Hule Hotels
- Lloret de Mar
- Nettles Island Hotels