Dune Restaurant, Paradise Island

• olgaehr's Profile Photo

Dune Restaurant: French with Bahama Twist

by olgaehr Written Oct 31, 2007

at Dune

The food was innovation, combining the known French classics with the Caribbean flair.

Everything we had there was fantastic.

It's been about 2 years since i was there so I wish I wrote more details about it (since I love talking about food).

• AliasGirl's Profile Photo

Dune: My Favorite Restaurant in Paradise Island

by AliasGirl Updated Sep 27, 2004

Dune has to be one of the most sophisticated restaurants I have ever been to. It became my particular favorite in Paradise Island. Its a shame we went there on our last night, if I had went earlier I would surely have visited again.

It is a French-Asian cuisine, located in the west wing of the Ocean Club. We took a shuttle bus from Atlantis to the Ocean Club, walked through the hotel and down to the gardens which led to a path to the restaurant. We were a bit early so we had cocktails in the bar area. I should have taken pictures, it was a very cutting edge design. The bar was located in a seperate "house", except that its four sides were open to the water view. the bar was situated right in the middle of the room and had a glass lucite bar that light up soon as the sunset. It was amazing!

Soon, we were called to our table. The restaurant's decor is very chic, the colors are very dark but very warm at the same time. The front wall seems to melt right into the ocean view, almost as if you are sitting outside.

Favorite Dish: I don't remember what we ate, but it was good from start to finish. The presentation was so lavish. Great selection of wine. It was one of the most romantic dinners we had on Paradise Island.

After we finished our dinner and dessert, instead of taking a shuttle back to the Atlantis we walked back on the beach with shoes in hand. (It was less than 15 minutes) A walk in the moonlight with my favorite guy - doesn't get any better than that!

Instant Answers: Paradise Island

Comments

View all Paradise Island hotels